Photo

Xbox One vs. PS4 in 2015 - which one?

xbox one ps4 streaming windows 10 zelda

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox One vs. PS4 in 2015

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which one would you choose?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

hi Dawnlight, my first goal isn´t to grind easy trophies. I want to take my achievements from my beloved games with me to the nxt-gen level, 

There are many games I love on Xbox360:

Dark Souls

Skyrim 

Forza Motorsport

GTA V

Metal Gear Revengeance

Colin McRae Dirt Rally

Far Cry 3

Bioshock

etc.

I think on XBox360 / Xbox One I like the OS and gamepads a bit more than Playstations'...

The Xbox One exists also with 1TB version, and it should be more silence and cooler than a PS4...

Some exclusives unfortunately don't exist on Xbone: Bloodborne, No Man's Sky

But I fell in love with Forza Motorsport on Xbox. Gran Tourismo on Playstation I don't like anymore.. Even for Gran Tourismo 6 they didn't have any vehicle damage, no sign of it - and that nowaydays...!

Perhaps Microsoft and its Xbone could recover from their suffering, increase rank and raise the Xbone to the next level with DirectX12, Windows 10 for Xbone, Streaming and so on..

Edited by MaximusFred, 09 May 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#32 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

hi Dawnlight, my first goal isn´t to grind easy trophies. I want to take my achievements from my beloved games with me to the nxt-gen level, 

There are many games I love on Xbox360:

Dark Souls

Skyrim 

Forza Motorsport

GTA V

Metal Gear Revengeance

Colin McRae Dirt Rally

Far Cry 3

Bioshock

etc.

I think on XBox360 / Xbox One I like the OS and gamepads a bit more than Playstations'...

The Xbox One exists also with 1TB version, and it should be more silence and cooler than a PS4...

Some exclusives unfortunately don't exist on Xbone: Bloodborne, No Man's Sky

But I fell in love with Forza Motorsport on Xbox. Gran Tourismo on Playstation I don't like anymore.. Even for Gran Tourismo 6 they didn't have any vehicle damage, no sign of it - and that nowaydays...!

Perhaps Microsoft and its Xbone could recover from their suffering, increase rank and raise the Xbone to the next level with DirectX12, Windows 10 for Xbone, Streaming and so on..

Microsoft just needs to pump more exclusive games into the console to justify me getting an Xbox ONE. So far the only games I'm interested on the Xbox ONE are Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound. But all the incidents and problems I had with the Xbox 360 such as bad hardware, Microsoft's paywall and lack of diversity in exclusives really drew me away from Xbox as a whole.

Plus, if I may be blunt, 10k gamerscore is pretty darn low. I had friends who range from 30k-50k.

Edited by Dawnlight, 10 May 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#33 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Microsoft just needs to pump more exclusive games into the console to justify me getting an Xbox ONE. So far the only games I'm interested on the Xbox ONE are Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound. But all the incidents and problems I had with the Xbox 360 such as bad hardware, Microsoft's paywall and lack of diversity in exclusives really drew me away from Xbox as a whole.

Plus, if I may be blunt, 10k gamerscore is pretty darn low. I had friends who range from 30k-50k.

Yeah you are right. I just had only one hardware crash (heat) with my Xbox360. Got a new one from Microsoft - it was 3 years warranty, still valid.

Yeah 10k is not that much, I know, but these 10k are mine 10k with my favourite games. Why throw them away :-(

Hm, I be prone to PS4 at the moment now..

#34 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

Literally every game I liked for Xbox 360 also came out for PS3, and IMO the PS3 had better exclusive titles. I don't really see that model changing this generation. PS4 it is. 

Pretty much the only Xbox 360 exclusive I really really wanted was Blue Dragon.

Edited by Jaghnus, 15 May 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#35 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

wow, in the last days I had to "take stock of oneself" and found out that you are right.

PS4 seems to be the much better system this gen.

I also reviewed the launch (2013) .. and Microsoft's arrogant behaviour: #dealwithit

..and the coming games for PS4: like No Man's Sky, wow! And I did not play "Last of Us" until today! So I think I'll change to Sony then.

Thank you all for you help convincing me  :slycool:

..if there weren't only one thing: the PS4 gamepad: I heard it is running out of battery very soon (6-8 hours max.) 

Could someone confirm that?!  :shrug:

#36 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Unless you want to play local multiplayer, don't get a console; get a gaming PC. Local multiplayer is the only advantage to a console, and many modern games neglect it anyways. You're really just depriving yourself of the basic amenities of a computer by buying a console. Yeah, you won't get Bloodborne, but you will have something infinitely more useful and ultimately less expensive. You'll spend more cash on the system itself, but with Steam sales the investment will pay for itself.

#37 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

..if there weren't only one thing: the PS4 gamepad: I heard it is running out of battery very soon (6-8 hours max.) 

Could someone confirm that?!  :shrug:

8-10 hours for me. Think double the battery life of the Wii U gamepad. The Dualshock 4 is rechargeable out of the box as long as you have a micro-USB cable which comes with the console. I use this to charge my controllers...

41VddEP0O2L._SX300_.jpg

#38 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

I stick with PC games only, because software based games have limitless potential and can be enhanced outside the scope of the original design.

Hardware for PC is versatile, and can be changed according to how you see fit, as long as you know how to do it.

PS4 and Xbox one are pretty much "PCs" in console form. There's nothing you can't do on a PC. I'm not gonna buy a console for just one game.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 19 May 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#39 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

8-10 hours for me. Think double the battery life of the Wii U gamepad. The Dualshock 4 is rechargeable out of the box as long as you have a micro-USB cable which comes with the console. I use this to charge my controllers...

41VddEP0O2L._SX300_.jpg

I saw the image before I read your post and I thought that was some weird gimmicky armrest thing and was like "Who would use such a thing?"

• HavoX likes this

#40 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

I'm reviving this topic.

I recently got my hands on the Xbox ONE. I got the 1TB model with Halo: MCC. 

First off, this console is freakin' huge! Some have said that the console looks and feels like a VCR, and I 100% agree. When set right next to my PS4, it makes the PS4 look like a little child. On the flip side, the Xbox ONE is a very quiet system. If I were to rank all 3 consoles by loudness, the Wii U would be the loudest (because all Wii U disc based games run 100% off the disc excluding DLC). PS4 is only loud when a game is installing. And the Xbox ONE is the quietest even with a disc inserted.

As for the controller, it's pretty much a smaller Xbox 360 controller. If you know what a 360 controller feels like, then you know what the Xbox ONE controller feels like. The only big differences are that the bumpers and triggers are larger, the d-pad is actually a d-pad, the buttons are closer together, and the triggers vibrate. I still need to get used to this controller because I got so used to the bulkiness of the 360 controller. I personally prefer the PS4's Dualshock 4 over this primarily because of its layout. 

I'm not a big fan of the interface. While it definitely feels like an improvement over the 360 interface, I can't stand the messy icon layout and the overabundance of ads. PS4 definitely wins here when it comes to user interface. It's cleaner and has a more practical layout than the Xbox ONE.

As for games, I can't really judge that yet for I'm only playing Halo MCC. I'm planning on getting Sunset Overdrive. I'll get back to you on games as soon as I play more of them.

#41 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

PS4 ftw!!

I'm waiting until the new PS4 version comes out I think in fall 2015.

Less (-10%) power consumption, together with 1 TB .  :slycool:

#42 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:55 PM

Lets go to the store and buy one new PS4 ( It's my birthday in Oct. and finally I will get one)  :love:

Wow, did you see the ratings and reviews to MGS V ? And Lets Plays? Amazing! Another must have game. :slycool:  Really!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox one, ps4, streaming, windows 10, zelda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users