The Adventure of Kain Help

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#121 Voxren

Voxren

Silver Dragon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Are you using a regular bomb or super bomb? You need a super bomb to blow up the rock.

There are super bombs in this quest? I didn't even know that, thanks for the response! Now to just find where to buy them. (I didn't check the quest screenshots before downloading is why I didn't know about super bombs)

• dr_henke likes this

#122 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

There are super bombs in this quest? I didn't even know that, thanks for the response! Now to just find where to buy them. (I didn't check the quest screenshots before downloading is why I didn't know about super bombs)

Of coarse there are... The more items the better. Good idea of you to take a look at the screenshots, meybe i shall upload one with everything full in the inventory!?

Well it's even written in the read me text about items monsters and lots of stuff and small clues, but hey who really reads those carefully? I don't...  

Ok so superbombs you can get from some more powerful enemies rarely, or buy in two shops, one hidden in the south and one more expensive in the north. 

• Voxren likes this

#123 Death Maw

Death Maw

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

Where do I go after level 5?

#124 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Where do I go after level 5?

Just north of the entrance to Northern lands in the south west corner of the northern world map. You can pass over a small river there in the mountains

Edited by dr_henke, 26 January 2019 - 04:09 PM.

#125 Death Maw

Death Maw

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

Just north of the entrance to Northern lands in the south west corner of the northern world map. You can pass over a small river there in the mountains

tried going there, found what I assume is the blocked entrance to level 6, do I need super bombs to enter it? If so where do I find them?

#126 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

tried going there, found what I assume is the blocked entrance to level 6, do I need super bombs to enter it? If so where do I find them?

Yes see answers to this a few posts above.

#127 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

It appears I got myself permanently stuck. After completing Level 7, I ended up leaving the screen instead of picking up the Flippers (only noticed as I was leaving). Tried going back in to see if I can get to the screen again and... nope, can't go back.

So I'm assuming there's no way to progress now unless this gets fixed, or maybe there's another way that I missed. Alternatively, I can just cheat my way to get there again, but yeah I didn't consider that to happen at all.

Edit: Wow nevermind, seems like you did consider this. Simply leaving the screen takes me back to the Flippers.

Edit 2: Now trying to look for Level 8...

• dr_henke likes this

#128 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:06 AM

Hi Eddy,

Well somebody walked fast like you so I did fix it.
Don't know which version you are useing, but in the latest version you can not skip the flippers even if you never grabs them. You will get an extra set by string event just before you can grab the real ones.

So there is a new version coming right up which should fix some minor bugs and add some things coming right up later today.
Almost all English should now be spell checked so I guess no more swenglish sentences except here.
I suggest you to wait for it before playing level 8.
Not that you cannot play but things will be more logical.
I fix things and add small easter eggs all the time but lately there have been a while since last version.

Anyway, sorry for late reply and thank you for your feedback, it is more than welcome, and thanks for playing!
  • Eddy likes this

#129 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

Well I found Level 8 last night and I'm already endgame now, so I might as well just work towards Level 9 and get it done with. On the topic of that, where can the Mirror Shield be found? I looked through the thread and the hints given aren't getting me anywhere.

• dr_henke likes this

#130 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

Well I found Level 8 last night and I'm already endgame now, so I might as well just work towards Level 9 and get it done with. On the topic of that, where can the Mirror Shield be found? I looked through the thread and the hints given aren't getting me anywhere.

Ok, great, Level 8 is the best in the game i think.

I uploaded a new version anyway, it fixes some minor things and have some extra easter eggs. And big text improvments. Some few things for Level 9 is tweaked as well.

Try it out if you like, but the old version should also work but not as good. 

The Mirror shield is hidden close to the big lake in the north, It's in a sort of temple looking cave or something on the western side of the lake. East of the level 8 desert. You have to superbomb to get inside.

Just tell me if you have any more troubles. I haven't heard anybody who find everything yet so...

Oh and if you find any strange things or bugs please report them if you like or any suggestions. 

• Eddy likes this

#131 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Yep thanks for that. I cleared the quest last night and almost got everything, but I know I missed a bit of stuff. I have quite a long list of bugs/suggestions but I'll put it all on the review I'm about to write up, so be sure to look for that real soon.

• dr_henke likes this

#132 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

Yep thanks for that. I cleared the quest last night and almost got everything, but I know I missed a bit of stuff. I have quite a long list of bugs/suggestions but I'll put it all on the review I'm about to write up, so be sure to look for that real soon.

Thank you so much for your interest and comments and review, I will write you some comments in a personal message.

• Eddy likes this

#133 SuperNormalMan

SuperNormalMan

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:24 AM

Okay, I'm completely stumped.  I can't figure out where Level 8 is, or where to find the Black Sword.  I know the hint is it's in a lake close to a strange rock, but WHICH lake???

I've sunk so many hours into this game, and I'm so close to finishing it.  It's aggravating that I can't figure out this last bit by myself.

Incidentally, there appears to be a "Lost Desert" maze in the Northern Lands, but I haven't found any clues.  Any ideas?

#134 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:04 AM

Hi SuperNormalMan,

Thank you so much for playing my game.
Do you play the latest version? Not that it matter for your questions but it has some small extra things and minor bugs sorted out.

Ok so there is no hint for the desert maze. Well not yet at least...
Start from the bottom ( south) part of the desert, then I belive the code is left, up, right, up.
I'll add a hint somewhere for sure...

The black sword is one of the hardest thing to find. The lake you search for is the one with invisible enemies, close to the King of gleeoks, close to the north east corner of the northern land.
I guess perhapes 25% find it in their playthrou without help, according to pictures I've see from inventories after finishing the game.

Just tell me if you need more help.

#135 SuperNormalMan

SuperNormalMan

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Thanks.  I figured it was that particular lake, but the flute did nothing.  I guess I'll have to try something else.

Edit: Nevermind, turns out I was focusing on the wrong rock, and didn't notice the one on the far-left side of the screen.

Edited by SuperNormalMan, 17 March 2019 - 03:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users