2.53.1_Win_Beta_51 Not Responding; Crashes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:50 PM

I'll try it if it crashes again, it seems so far maybe that downloading with it's installed cfg files might have done the trick, copying over the cfg files from 2.53 might have broke it the last time, which if you think about, that would probably make sense of the cfg files are specifically designed to only work in the correct version. I haven't had problems since redownloading 2.53.1. 

We generally discourage trying to make a hybrid install unless we provide files to do that.

P.S. Don't forget to compile with the <std>, <ghost>, <ffcscript>, <stdEtra>, <Randomheader>, and <tango> versions included in the  build that you use. Always keep a backup .qst fie, but when possible, if you use any header that we now include in ./headers or ./include, that version should be used, as it is current, proven to be compatible (and works with the other included files), and has bugfixes.

You my need to copy some settings for <ghost> and for <tango>. The rest should be pure drop-ins. Starting with 2.55 (ghost 2.9.x), all ghost configs will be set inside the .qst file.

We will continue to support, fix, and patch ghost v2.8.xxx for the lifespan of 2.53.x, but very soon, we plan to release ghost. 2.9.x for 2.55, followed by ghost v3.

In the future, if people tell you to make a hubrid install, tell them to fek off. If you need help configuring a new install to work with your existing quests or scripts, we are here to help.

#17 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

I'm sure it was an honest mistake thinking the config files will be fine. I don't understand what you mean by hybrid install.

Unless you're implying most unofficial .zh files are considered unsupported now. TRIFORCE has a few .zh files that arenot bundled that are required to get the quest to even work.

#18 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:57 PM

I'm sure it was an honest mistake thinking the config files will be fine. I don't understand what you mean by hybrid install.

Unless you're implying most unofficial .zh files are considered unsupported now. TRIFORCE has a few .zh files that arenot bundled that are required to get the quest to even work.

"Hybrid Install" meaning, the version you downloaded comes with files, but you replace them with older versions of those files (i.e. configs).
'.zh' is just an extension; any '.z' or '.zs' could be renamed to '.zh' and still work- so no, that's not remotely what he's implying. However, certain headers, such as ghost, tango, etc, are included in the download. Older versions than what come with the 2.53.1 download, should not be used with 2.53.1. Just the other day, someone decided to rename the ghost/tango files to remove the prefix in the filenames, and then came complaining when that broke compile (They were renamed for a reason...). So, the point there being, if you go use an old version of ghost and it breaks, that's on you; we provide an up-to-date version in the 2.53.1 download, which has been tested to work with 2.53.1. (If THAT version gives you issues, then that's something to report to us)

#19 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

"Hybrid Install" meaning, the version you downloaded comes with files, but you replace them with older versions of those files (i.e. configs).
'.zh' is just an extension; any '.z' or '.zs' could be renamed to '.zh' and still work- so no, that's not remotely what he's implying. However, certain headers, such as ghost, tango, etc, are included in the download. Older versions than what come with the 2.53.1 download, should not be used with 2.53.1. Just the other day, someone decided to rename the ghost/tango files to remove the prefix in the filenames, and then came complaining when that broke compile (They were renamed for a reason...). So, the point there being, if you go use an old version of ghost and it breaks, that's on you; we provide an up-to-date version in the 2.53.1 download, which has been tested to work with 2.53.1. (If THAT version gives you issues, then that's something to report to us)

I'm pretty sure Moosh explained that so that's not a problem, but there was a quick impulsive decision to copy over the cfg files assuming they were the same. Been using ZC and ZQ most of the day and never ran into any problems (except a script he done for me recently isn't working despite compiling so I'm just waiting for him to sign online and figure out what's up).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users