The Forbidden City

• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

#16 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Awesome man! I look forward into this project, like most have already said, this may be your biggest one yet! I wish you the greatest amount of luck around the world so this can get finished! :)

#17 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Will this quest continue to be excluded from the Quest Project Database? I'm certain it is a feature that some people don't like or just wouldn't be bothered with because I know of a few great projects that will never be included there, but I'm just curious.

Mainly I can't be bothered with that. I don't intend to release demos, or post many progress updates before it's nearing completion, so it wouldn't be very useful.

• WindRobe likes this

#18 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Finished level 5. I'm having a lot of fun scripting bosses and testing them, I hope you'll have fun fighting them too!

The way things are going, I am 100% sure the quest will be released this year, but I still can't give a release date estimation. Probably in autumn.

• Air Luigi, Eddy and WindRobe like this

#19 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Wow, I just saw this and I'm hyped up for this! You are in my opinion one of the best quest designers around :)

Keep it up!

#20 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

I'm so sad I didn't notice this before. Jamian, this quest looks like it's going to be your best quest yet and it's gonna throw Promised Lands right out of the water. I'm loving the ideas for this and I will definitely play this when it gets done.

Great work!

#21 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks :) The hype expressed in this thread is making me very happy, though I hope the quest can live up to it. :P I can see expectations are high.

I will soon start working on level 6 (only now, because I made a small sublevel after level 5).

• Air Luigi, Eddy, Avaro and 1 other like this

#22 General_Milky

General_Milky

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

I just replayed Promised Lands myself. It's easily in my top 3 quests, it was so much better than I remembered it. Looking forward to this!

#23 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

Thanks Milky :) Even though it's a different quest I think people who enjoyed Promised Lands will enjoy this one too.

So I see it took me exactly one month to finish level 6, I'm working on the level bosses now. After a rather labyrinthine level 5, level 6 is a bit more action oriented. I think the bosses will be a highlight, IMO it's the best set of bosses I've made yet. The harder ones will probably make you go "holy crap this is hard" at first, but once you learn their patterns they should be ok. I'm doing my best to make sure it's always technically possible to kill them without taking any damage.

I still have work on my plate but I'm really looking forward to releasing this quest. October seems too early given what I still have to do, so maybe November.

• Air Luigi, Eddy and Avaro like this

#24 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

So you've made your best set of bosses yet?

I'm really interested in seeing what's gonna come out of this :D Looking forward to any further updates.

#25 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well, wasn't too fond of several of the bosses in Promised Lands given no real way to dodge them well.  Hopefully this quest will turn out more balanced.

• HavoX likes this

#26 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

I always found it fun to find out the patterns of the bosses in Promised Lands. In the end, nothing was really unfair. If it's like this in your new quest too, then that's perfect. I like how you're making steady progress!

#27 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

Well, wasn't too fond of several of the bosses in Promised Lands given no real way to dodge them well.  Hopefully this quest will turn out more balanced.

There was always a way to dodge them. It was all about learning their patterns.

#28 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

I finished the level 6 bosses, they were complex so they kind of took me a while.

Here's a sneak peek of that level's entrance:

fRW1deN.png

To do checklist:

- some overworld screens

- one village

- one sublevel

- level 7

- polishing and beta testing

• Eddy, Avaro, Lightwulf and 2 others like this

#29 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

That looks really amazing!

I also see you're getting close to finish this. Can't wait to play it when it's finished :D

#30 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

Any update? Needing my Jamian quest fix. lol

• Air Luigi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users