Remembrance of Shadows- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#76 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:41 AM

This is probably a stupid question, but where do you see how many seashells and zol fragments you collected?

If you're outside of a dungeon, open the subscreen with Ex2 and then press L to show all sidequests.

If you're in a dungeon, open the subscreen with Ex2 and press L once for the map and a second time for the sidequests.

#77 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 November 2021 - 09:05 AM

Completed through Level 7. How to smash the pig-shaped rock? Tried the hammer and the rush attack and neither works. What am I missing?

#78 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:24 PM

Completed through Level 7. How to smash the pig-shaped rock? Tried the hammer and the rush attack and neither works. What am I missing?

That was changed in the latest update to require the item from level 9.

In other news, anyone who hasn't already reached the Secret Corridor, this quest's post-game final dungeon, can look forward to a treat!

The entire layout has been redesigned and expanded.

Now 4 floors instead of 2 with all new puzzles and mechanics.

#79 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 November 2021 - 09:45 PM

The notes say the rock-shaped stone had a seashell under it.  So we do not need to complete the seashell mini-quest to get to Level 9?

#80 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:36 AM

The notes say the rock-shaped stone had a seashell under it.  So we do not need to complete the seashell mini-quest to get to Level 9?

The Seashell quest isn't required for level 9,

In fact, a few other quests which could previously be completed before level 9 now can't be done until afterward.

This includes getting all Heart Pieces.

The Seashell quest is required to access the final post game dungeon, however.

#81 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 November 2021 - 12:45 PM

Finished through Level 9 and hit a problem . . . the wand does not work on the seed sapling on the way to Level 7.  The wand also does no work (light the torch) in the fairy cave in the SW corner near the entrance to the desert.  Could you look into this?  Thanks

Edited by jccarratl, 28 November 2021 - 09:17 PM.

#82 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 29 November 2021 - 12:21 AM

Finished through Level 9 and hit a problem . . . the wand does not work on the seed sapling on the way to Level 7.  The wand also does no work (light the torch) in the fairy cave in the SW corner near the entrance to the desert.  Could you look into this?  Thanks

The seed sapling on the way to level 7 has been changed to require lightning from the Song of Storms.

The torches in the fairy caves aren't lit by the wand, but by standing in front of them.

#83 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:11 PM

Made it to the Secret Corridor and figured out how to move the flowers around and cleared the pathways. But now I can't find any more flowers to use on the statues. I have two keys but can't find any more doors and I do not have the big key. What to do??? Thanks!!

#84 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 December 2021 - 10:45 PM

Made it to the Secret Corridor and figured out how to move the flowers around and cleared the pathways. But now I can't find any more flowers to use on the statues. I have two keys but can't find any more doors and I do not have the big key. What to do??? Thanks!!

I'm not sure which ones you're missing.

Maybe if you could post screenshots of your space bar map?

The big key itself is hidden behind a lot of locked doors.

Try going back to rooms you've visited before now that you've dropped some bomb flowers down holes.

This may allow you to open new areas.

#85 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 December 2021 - 06:25 PM

Great advice. I made great progress until I got to the room near the return starting location with the statue floating out in the middle of the room. How to explode the flower bomb at this statue?

Ha, never mind I got it !!

Edited by jccarratl, 05 December 2021 - 07:32 PM.

#86 Zalera

Zalera

• Members

Posted 18 December 2021 - 01:23 AM

All the boss so far are covered with hearts and some monsters too. I'm using ZC 2.55

https://imgur.com/a/u24BO35

Edited by Zalera, 18 December 2021 - 09:37 AM.

#87 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 December 2021 - 10:20 AM

All the boss so far are covered with hearts and some monsters too. I'm using ZC 2.55

https://imgur.com/a/u24BO35

My best guess is that there's some disconnect between how things are handled in 2.53 and 2.55.

It looks like the settings for ghost.zh are messed up somehow.

I don't know why this might be.

I have held off on switching to 2.55 until it is finished for just such reasons.

The quest should still be playable despite this graphical bug.

If the problem still occurs in 2.53 then I can investigate further.

#88 Zalera

Zalera

• Members

Posted 23 December 2021 - 02:04 AM

The top warp doesn't send you to the bottom one once the puzzle is solved. You have to do the puzzle again to go down.

https://imgur.com/a/tHZov63

If you messed up the order and forget 1 or 2, you will be stuck on number 3-4 and have to F6. You are surrounded with holes and no place to hookshot.

https://imgur.com/a/ZzMhT0m

I'm playing with ZC 2.53

#89 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 23 December 2021 - 10:45 AM

The top warp doesn't send you to the bottom one once the puzzle is solved. You have to do the puzzle again to go down.

Fixed! Great catch.

If you messed up the order and forget 1 or 2, you will be stuck on number 3-4 and have to F6. You are surrounded with holes and no place to hookshot.

You can actually jump diagonally back from 3 and 4 to the top right.

Once there you can hookshot back down to get one and two.

#90 Zalera

Zalera

• Members

Posted 26 December 2021 - 02:25 PM

I'm at the end of the trading sequence after level 6. I have the wrapped gift. I have to find Richard but I don't remember him. I know the warp point Richard's Villa and that's it. No one seems to be around.

I've completed the trading sequence while vivisting Zelda. She took me to Farore and I gained the Ocarina of the Sirens.

Edited by Zalera, 26 December 2021 - 11:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users