Photo

Screenshot of the Week 457

Xenix Avataro Orithan Zecora EpY SirKazuma Fireblast124

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 457 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Avataro - Looks pretty surreal! Love the Dark World vibe in that shot of yours. I think you might want to take a look at the mountain merging here near the waterfall to the left of it; the way you did it isn't exactly following how you did the mountain merging you did here, which is a tile shorter in height, causing inconsistencies with the mountain design. Otherwise, lovely mountain usage and the detailing is nice!

Orithan - Looks like you are making nice progress on your project. Grim city does look pretty grim, the palette do seem a tad purple, but they fit the scene at least. The design reminds me of the city area in Oracle of Ages, which is always a nice effect in a EZGBZ quest. I voted for you, because of its dark atmosphere, nice use of Gameboy Zelda tiles and it just looks overall nice.

Zecora - Oh! A sign of progress from your quest perhaps? I really like what I am seeing, that's for sure! The diagonal walls are very nice addition along with the custom subscreen and sprites. It doesn't really scream a sand dungeon however, and the block colours do seem odd. But otherwise - nice.

EpY - Very nice DoR shot! Not much to say, there's mountain errors near the top center (it just stops randomly, leaving that "unfinished" effect on them) and some tiles are in the wrong cset (make sure they stay in csets 2 to 4), but otherwise, it looks functional and that's always the key rule in screen making.

SirKazuma - Hm, the long pillar does look a bit odd, and the trees hogging the edge does give a bit of concern. The snow in the palette could use a more pink or purple tone to give a surreal effect. Otherwise, it looks okay and nice for a simple classic shot.

Fireblast124 - Nice rupee counter. I really love what you are doing to classic, it gives it more personality! Maybe try softer colours? Otherwise, I can't find much to give feedback on.

Xenix - Looks pretty cool! I see you may have changed "Midnight Falls" to "Floria Falls"? It make sense since it's more of a canon name lol. Either way, the mountain design is nice and the detailing is quite lovely. I think you and Dawnlight make quite the rebels team. I can't find much to give feedback on either, and it was out of you or Orithan in the end.

Edited by Charizard, 26 May 2014 - 11:07 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#17 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Xenix - Looks pretty cool! I see you may have changed "Midnight Falls" to "Floria Falls"? It make sense since it's more of a canon name lol. Either way, the mountain design is nice and the detailing is quite lovely. I think you and Dawnlight make quite the rebels team. I can't find much to give feedback on either, and it was out of you or Orithan in the end.

Though we were considering "All Shane's Fault" as a name. :P

• Demonlink likes this

#18 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

I'm glad you guys liked our preview of what the newly revamped Golden Memories is gonna look like. Xenix's partnership has been a huge benefit! :)

Oh sweet! I didn't even realize that was from Golden Memories. 

#19 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Orithan - Looks like you are making nice progress on your project. Grim city does look pretty grim, the palette do seem a tad purple, but they fit the scene at least. The design reminds me of the city area in Oracle of Ages, which is always a nice effect in a EZGBZ quest. I voted for you, because of its dark atmosphere, nice use of Gameboy Zelda tiles and it just looks overall nice.

This screen was indeed inspired by Lynna City from Oracle of Ages. The city in general is inspired by OoA, with a little bit of OoS mixed in. I've got a new palette in the works that will hopefully make it seem more like night time without using the intense purples present in the default Yoll Grave palette.

Also, the purple trees were added in as a joke. I blame Moosh for this... and the other inside joke in this shot. Cookies to the first one who points it out.

• Shane likes this

#20 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Wait a second.  What's going on with SirKazuma's life counter?

• SirKazuma likes this

#21 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Wait a second.  What's going on with SirKazuma's life counter?

Yeah >.< I'm actually remaking my subscreen, next time you'll see it, it'll be fixed. But I do see what you're talking about, it's supposed to look different, but I actually forgot to add the right type of subscreen in the Watercress Winter dmap. Oh well. But it isn't intentional, thanks for pointing it out! :)

#22 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Though we were considering "All Shane's Fault" as a name. :P

I would feel honored and angry* at the same time, lol. :P

*not really

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

With 28.57% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 457 is Xenix!

Xenix.png

Congratulations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xenix, Avataro, Orithan, Zecora, EpY, SirKazuma, Fireblast124

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users