• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#16 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 12:21 PM) View Post

...Well that just broke the quest completely. I really hope you didn't save after using that key there because if so you've found an unwinnable situation.

You were supposed to take the other route, hit the invisible switch, and then go to the path south of the Zelda tablet.

Oh dear, that is problem. do I have to restart the whole game?
There are many areas where you can do that and also areas where you fall like the example below

IPB Image

#17 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 12:21 PM) View Post

...Well that just broke the quest completely. I really hope you didn't save after using that key there because if so you've found an unwinnable situation.

You were supposed to take the other route, hit the invisible switch, and then go to the path south of the Zelda tablet.

Don't worry I have a game I saved upon entering level 5. So started again from there. But you may want to do some changes for those who follow.

#18 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Working on a fix right now. Hopefully nobody else fell for that (haha, get it? FELL for that). I don't know what happened really. Part of it's my fault, but part of it appears to be the script doing something wacky, possibly due to me tampering with it. If the player had landed on the block there I could have accepted it as "OK, you clearly weren't supposed to do that" but the script appears to be placing Link to the right of the block sometimes despite the pit being directly over it...

Edited by Moosh, 03 April 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#19 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 09:48 PM) View Post

Working on a fix right now. Hopefully nobody else fell for that (haha, get it? FELL for that). I don't know what happened really. Part of it's my fault, but part of it appears to be the script doing something wacky, possibly due to me tampering with it. If the player had landed on the block there I could have accepted it as "OK, you clearly weren't supposed to do that" but the script appears to be placing Link to the right of the block sometimes despite the pit being directly over it...

icon_smile.gif

I wait for the fixed file before i contiune play lvl5 icon_smile.gif

and i also (Fell)

Edited by judasrising, 03 April 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#20 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 01:48 PM) View Post

On all the pits you can move one block or two in any direction below them simply by pressing the directional button right left up or down. Doing that you do not fall straight down. And in that you can gain to areas not accessible any other way.

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Okay. New version should fix the problem. Unfortunately the fix doesn't refund you for that key, so if any of you accidentally saved after opening that door I can PM you level 3 cheat so you can continue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Moosh, 03 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#22 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

At what point in the game should you attempt the Ultimate test?

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Well, to get the secret ending, you have to do the Ultimate Test at the very beginning of the game, which is next to impossible. If you're not going for the secret ending though, you can probably take it on once you beat level 5; I think you should be strong enough by then to handle it. I haven't actually tried though, so don't quote me on that.

#24 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

About that level 5. I have hit that boss at least a hundred times. I can't tell by sound that he is being hit. Do you have to hit in a particular spot? Or is it just that you have to keep on hitting? geez

#25 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Level 5's boss works just like the Link to the Past fight with him. You have to keep hitting his helmet with the hammer until it break, then slash at his face until he dies.

#26 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 3 2013, 04:13 PM) View Post

Level 5's boss works just like the Link to the Past fight with him. You have to keep hitting his helmet with the hammer until it break, then slash at his face until he dies.

Thanks, I have been hitting the helmet many times and nothing has happened yet. After I said I had hit him a hundred times I started counting and got up to 35 more before I died. That's a lot of fighting.

#27 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

That's a lot of hits! How exactly are you hitting him? You need to smack his mask pretty solidly with the hammer for it to register as a hit. Try moving in closer and hit him from the front?

It takes about 10 or so solid hits to get that mask off IIRC.

Edited by Moosh, 03 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#28 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 04:36 PM) View Post

That's a lot of hits! How exactly are you hitting him? You need to smack his mask pretty solidly with the hammer for it to register as a hit. Try moving in closer and hit him from the front?

It takes about 10 or so solid hits to get that mask off IIRC.

I am hitting him from the front and close. I will go try again.

I am feeling pretty silly right about now. I did not realize that his helmet was broken long ago and I needed to hit him with the sword now. Oh my Goodness! Do I feel dumb!

Thanks for the help both of you. And you are right about 10 hits breaks the helmet and maybe 15 with the sword kills him. It wasn't that hard. I was making it much worse than it is.

Edited by Mister Snooze, 03 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#29 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hahaha! I guess you can blame my pretty terrible spritework on that one. I'm just glad it wasn't an issue with the hit detection.

#30 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 3 2013, 05:13 PM) View Post

Hahaha! I guess you can blame my pretty terrible spritework on that one. I'm just glad it wasn't an issue with the hit detection.

I just want to stop for a moment (I am in level 6 now) to take the time to say this is one of the most interestingly different games I have played. Lots of things I have not seen before. Your grasp of the usage of many game making ideas is phenomenal. I know I am just an average player but I have played almost every game that has come out the last few years and I have not seen anything like this one. Good job! I recommend it everyone!

So when you say "my pretty terrible whatever" no one is going for your story. icon_lol.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users