Favorite Zelda Bosses

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:59 AM

This is a topic to honor the awesome bosses in the Zelda franchise. There are so many Zelda bosses
that It's hard to even make this list. I'll choose from originality, gameplay, and mechanics.
Here is my top-ten list of the best Zelda bosses.
You can make your own below if you want!

#10: Thunderbird. Zelda II. Located in the Great Palace, this is one of my favorite bosses in the Zelda series because
you constantly need to be on the move or you'll get hit by a barrage of fireballs. And the really hurt!

#9: Bongo Bongo. Zelda Ocarina of Time. Located in the Shadow Temple,
one of the creepiest Zelda boss in the series. it's also fun bouncing around on a giant drum.
Although, no a very hard boss if you know what to do, It's still really fun to fight this one eyed
beast.

#8 Gohma. Zelda Wind Waker. located in Dragon Roost Cavern. I just love this boss because of it's awesome mechanics.
Swinging off a dragons tail is just plain fun. I also like the creepy music that is playing.

#7:Gleeok. the Legend of Zelda. This boss isn't that hard, but really cool. Who wouldn't
like a monster with 4 heads?

#6: Stallord. Twilight Princess. Located in The Arbiter's Grounds. This boss fight is just amazing! Facing a giant skeleton
beast while riding a spinner is just awesome. And not to mention, bringing back a song
from the fight with valvogia.

#5: Phantom Ganon. Ocarina of Time. Located in the Forest Temple. This boss doesn't have anything to do with Forest
Temple, but it's still an awesome fight and prepares you for the fight with the real ganon.

#4: Malladus. Spirit Tracks. Finale boss. I hate protecting Zelda while she charges her powers, but other then
that it's an awesome, epic battle. Being able to control Link and Zelda at the same time was challenging,
but really fun as well. It was one of the most challenging Zelda bosses I've faced since the older Zelda games.

#3: Dark Link. Zelda II. Located in the Great Palace. What could be more cool, and creepy then facing a shadow of yourself?
this boss is extremely challenging, (unless you stand in the corner and let him run into your sword)
And extremely fun.

#2: Gyorg pair. Minish Cap. Located in the Palace of Winds. This boss is one of the most original bosses in Zelda history.
Having to ride 2 Gyorgs and kill them without falling off was really dun and a bit
hard. And cloning yourself is always a good time.

#1: My favorite, Twin Mold. Majoras Mask. Located in Stone Tower Temple. This is an awesome fight sequence.
I love fighting in the desert...How did it go from a tower high in the sky, to a boss fight in the desert?
Anyway, You have to where the giants mask to face there huge worms.

And that's my top ten Zelda bosses. Tell me your favorite(s) in the comments.

Edited by cremeens1000, 27 December 2010 - 01:03 AM.

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

I've always been fond of both iterations of Dark Link. I enjoyed having another opponent that was very similar to you in a straight-up sword battle. It was great to have metal clash with metal in a real sword fight, something that (from my experiences) hasn't been done too much in Zelda. Of course, this could easily be ruined if you used other items or use a cheap trick to win, but that's not how I go about fighting them. I found they were challenging and a lot of fun to fight.

I haven't actually played any Zelda games in awhile, so I can't recall the big notable bosses that I really enjoyed off hand aside from Dark Link. He was just so memorable to me, for some reason.

#3 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thwomp from Oracle of Ages, in the Wing Dungeon.
Manhandla from Oracle of Seasons, in the Ancient Ruins.
Gleeok from Oracle of Seasons, in the Explorer's Crypt.
Plasmarine from Oracle of Ages, in Jabu Jabu's Belly.
Angler Fish from Link's Awakening, in the Angler's Tunnel.
The Nightmares from Link's Awakening, in the Wind Fish's Egg.

#4 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Medusa from Oracle of Seasons icon_biggrin.gif

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Dec 27 2010, 04:26 PM) View Post

Thwomp from Oracle of Ages, in the Wing Dungeon.
Manhandla from Oracle of Seasons, in the Ancient Ruins.
Gleeok from Oracle of Seasons, in the Explorer's Crypt.
Plasmarine from Oracle of Ages, in Jabu Jabu's Belly.
Angler Fish from Link's Awakening, in the Angler's Tunnel.
The Nightmares from Link's Awakening, in the Wind Fish's Egg.

All from the gameboy games eh? That's okay. I don't really like the bosses in those games
but that doesn't make it a bad game. Link's awakening is one of my favorite Zelda games.

Edited by cremeens1000, 27 December 2010 - 06:09 PM.

#6 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

Well the GB games (and Minish Cap, and Four Swords/Adventures) were the only games that had Roc's items, and those make boss battles a blast, especially when they're required icon_biggrin.gif!

#7 chainswap

chainswap

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

That big fish from Majoras Mask

when i was little that boss gave me the creeps i think i died like 50 times before slaying him it was awesome XD

#8 Ice Cream Link

Ice Cream Link

Ascendant

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

One: Twilit Arachnid Armogohma. Epic boss music! (From Twilight Princess)
Two: Twilit Aquatic Morpheel. I love trying to kill this annoying boss! (From Twilight Princess)
Three: Cragma, Lava Lord. The funnest Zelda boss EVER. Don't you just love riding around in a cart shooting arrows at a huge lava monster? You better. icon_smile.gif (From Spirit Tracks)

#9 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

3 phantom Ganon OOT

2 zant twilight princess

1 and I have to agree with you on that cragma boss but I'll put it as my # 1

#10 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Ice Cream Link @ Jan 3 2011, 04:10 PM) View Post

One: Twilit Arachnid Armogohma. Epic boss music! (From Twilight Princess)
Two: Twilit Aquatic Morpheel. I love trying to kill this annoying boss! (From Twilight Princess)
Three: Cragma, Lava Lord. The funnest Zelda boss EVER. Don't you just love riding around in a cart shooting arrows at a huge lava monster? You better. icon_smile.gif (From Spirit Tracks)

Oh yeah, Cragma was very fun! But, a bit frustrating at times. I just didn't like the Fire Temple in that game so, you know.

#11 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

One of my favorite LoZ bosses would be the Giant Molodrum from LttP. It was irritating to fight because it frequently pushes you off the battle and down onto the floor below. I remeber how much fun I had climbing back up again and again to fight it until I finally beat it on the SNES.

Edited by Orin XD, 03 January 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#12 chainswap

chainswap

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

i remember that guy he was pretty fun except when he knocked you down 2 floors cause that hole in the middle

Edited by chainswap, 04 January 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#13 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Jan 3 2011, 07:11 PM) View Post

One of my favorite LoZ bosses would be the Giant Molodrum from LttP. It was irritating to fight because it frequently pushes you off the battle and down onto the floor below. I remeber how much fun I had climbing back up again and again to fight it until I finally beat it on the SNES.

Link's Awakening also had that =D. But I feel it was better executed on LA too, due to it moving much faster on there.

#14 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(Koh @ Dec 27 2010, 11:46 PM) View Post

Well the GB games (and Minish Cap, and Four Swords/Adventures) were the only games that had Roc's items, and those make boss battles a blast, especially when they're required icon_biggrin.gif!

You have a good point there.

#15 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

I'm not a huge fan of bosses because they're big and evil, so I don't have a top ten, or even really a favorite boss per se... However, I do enjoy fighting Volvagia in OoT. The scene before the battle where he bursts forth from the ground in a mass of flame and fire is so awesome. The battle is disappointingly easy though, since you can just hang out off the side of the "arena" when boulders start falling from the sky...

Zelda bosses have never been much of a challenge, more of a nuisance. Many times after defeating a boss, I think to myself, "Really? That's it?" There are some cool looking ones among them, though. I can appreciate that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users