Photo

Screenshot of the Week 364

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 364 (48 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Apr 25 2012, 03:43 AM) View Post

Also Adem, even though I agree, I have to beg differ as I did put a lot of effort (and I mean double then my usual standard effort due to the graphics, combo-adding and then design then redesigning here and there) into my shot to make it look like what you see - I even think this is my best shot out of the many other ones I made so far. But I intended to put this only in the screenshot thread, but when I heard about the lack of entries I could see many being disappointed with the number of entries for this week. So I entered my best shot even through I wasn't planning to. But yeah I have to agree about the grass.

All the more power to you. It really wasn't meant as an attack on anyone. In general, it's something I have been seeing in these contests too much, over the past several weeks. I merely find the attitude I mentioned distasteful. I apologize if I offended you in anyway, as that was not at all my intention. icon_confused.gif I fear I may have slightly misinterpreted your post, and, as a result, may have worded mine in a way that could lead others to do likewise. Though, I won't go around making excuses. I do enjoy what you've done with the graphics themselves and I'm looking forward to seeing where this project of yours goes.

#17 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

I actually really love the grass, Shane. I think you used it perfectly. ALttP even did it similar. icon_smile.gif

#18 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Apr 25 2012, 05:11 PM) View Post
I actually really love the grass, Shane. I think you used it perfectly. ALttP even did it similar. icon_smile.gif

LttP grass actually kinda stinks, but Shane has improved on it a bit. There are blades of grass inching up the base of his mountainside, which makes it look more like grass and less like green carpet. It makes a whole lotta difference. I might still drop the LttP grass tufts if I were him, though.

#19 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Maybe you could give the option of the MC Grass, Shane? icon_smile.gif

#20 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Adem)

All the more power to you. It really wasn't meant as an attack on anyone. In general, it's something I have been seeing in these contests too much, over the past several weeks. I merely find the attitude I mentioned distasteful. I apologize if I offended you in anyway, as that was not at all my intention. icon_confused.gif I fear I may have slightly misinterpreted your post, and, as a result, may have worded mine in a way that could lead others to do likewise. Though, I won't go around making excuses. I do enjoy what you've done with the graphics themselves and I'm looking forward to seeing where this project of yours goes.

Nah you didn't offend me at all -- I even agree with your other post -- I was just pointing out I made this shot before even the contest itself, so I kinda thought it'd clear it up so that nobody thought I had made this shot just for the contest itself. It was pretty much my bad for just saying "I just entered to get the contest starting" in the first place.

So in other words, you didn't offend me at all, I was just clearing things up. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Radien)
LttP grass actually kinda stinks, but Shane has improved on it a bit. There are blades of grass inching up the base of his mountainside, which makes it look more like grass and less like green carpet. It makes a whole lotta difference. I might still drop the LttP grass tufts if I were him, though.

Actually, I didn't improve them, I just got them from Parallel Worlds. And Gonken suggested and even made the grass bases for me. The only think I edited was the chimney smoke. I'll see what I can do about the grass. icon_smile.gif

QUOTE(Jared)
Maybe you could give the option of the MC Grass, Shane? icon_smile.gif

Okay I'll go and see if it fits. icon_smile.gif Any other grass suggestions from anyone would be nice!

#21 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Apr 25 2012, 07:10 PM) View Post
Actually, I didn't improve them, I just got them from Parallel Worlds. And Gonken suggested and even made the grass bases for me. The only think I edited was the chimney smoke. I'll see what I can do about the grass. icon_smile.gif

Well then, you get credit for having the good taste to use Gonken's grass! icon_razz.gif I approve of those LTTP Simple Mts. edits. They could possibly be useful for other types of grass patterns, too.

If you can find something better, go for it, but it doesn't look bad now, so don't break your neck over it. icon_smile.gif

#22 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hope Shane finishes the quest, as well as Avataro (assuming it's a new one)

EDIT: Just noticed the quest in the quests section, sorry Avataro.

Edited by Dragonite, 27 April 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#23 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Wow, these screens are looking great! Thats a really good forest shot Yoshidude, you used the tileset really well.
The mountain layout of your screen is fantastic, Shane. Though, I think it's missing a subscreen and Link & Enemies to make it look good for SotW, but thats the only contra.

#24 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

It does not have the most beautiful of tiles, but it does have a since of individuality to it. I picked your shot. icon_biggrin.gif

Dragonite icon_unsettled.gif
This is a typical forest shot, just with different colors. icon_unsettled.gif

Shane icon_confused.gif
The tileset shown does have potential, but the screen does not stand out to me at all. If only you created something memorable with those tiles... icon_confused.gif

#25 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Apr 28 2012, 03:52 PM) View Post

Shane icon_confused.gif
The tileset shown does have potential, but the screen does not stand out to me at all. If only you created something memorable with those tiles... icon_confused.gif

PLEASE stop saying this. Everyone has a different way of thinking things are memorable. I personally think the screen is very memorable, as it leads to another area. SO please, keep things like that out of it.

*facepalm*

#26 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

It does not have the most beautiful of tiles, but it does have a since of individuality to it. I picked your shot. icon_biggrin.gif

Dragonite icon_unsettled.gif
This is a typical forest shot, just with different colors. icon_unsettled.gif

Shane icon_confused.gif
Nolornbon, not everything HAS to be super different, which you seem to think.
I suggest you stop saying things like this, as I'm sure you cannot do any better.

Edited by Dragonite, 28 April 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#27 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Apr 29 2012, 05:22 AM) View Post

Shane icon_confused.gif

I understand. But I was limited to only a few resources at the time, and even still am. But may I ask what do you mean by memorable?

Edited by Shane, 28 April 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#28 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Shane icon_confused.gif
I think everything he did in this screenshot is memorable, first he went through the pain of ripping various tiles into a blank quest, then he makes an awesome screen with them? That sir, I think to be memorable.

icon_thumbsup.gif Shane, icon_thumbsup.gif

#29 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

That's just Nolornbon's opinion, ya know. Just because he doesn't share yours doesn't mean you have to shove yours back in his face. icon_shrug.gif

#30 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I suppose you're right, I went out of line.

Sorry, Nolornbon. icon_sweat.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users