Rhapsody

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:53 AM

Go right from where you start in the overworld, bomb the blue dotted spot and so you can go even further right for the quiver (kill all moblins).

Be on the lookout for another blue dotted spot nearby. If there's just one single onscreen, bomb it.

Going back to the tower is only for optionals you missed and optionals you need the overworld items for. Those optionals being the sword you got, HCs and magic containers.

I can tell, if I spent more time making this quest, the following additions would have happened: (in this order of importance)

-useless level specific key counter swapped for "script 1" counter that would have been incremented by Faith enemy drops that I would have used for something (occassional extra damage or transforming items or access to some bonus rooms)

-enemy placement rethinking, including changing them in the enemy editor first

-bigger last level with the same item swappings like in the first tower, maybe with the ability to get the old ones back or to be able to switch between counterparts

-another set of overworlds after the currently "last" level and only then the true last level

-more content and graphical variety into the first tower, including the story explanation why the main character starts right there and some connection to Erosion

Same things would go in if I ever made a DX version, as how I made HCDX from Hyrule's Christmas, what also was an "x weeks quest contest" entry.

I wouldn't have made different endings here into the contest anyway, to keep at least that aspect simple for now, after all those of my quests with millions of endings. (Valami has 8 of them.)

• Lightwulf likes this

#17 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Beware my howl, foul villains!!!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:37 AM

Thanks, CC!  I couldn't figure that out for the life of me.

Well, I've beaten it!  Weird ending; kinda' outta' the blue.  I ended up with almost 2 full rows of heart containers; I'm missing one.  I backtracked into the tower and found one I'd missed (using the wand on a colored mirror) and found a few things with my arrows.  In the tower, the raft is not needed because I used Roc's Feather to jump over the space there.

For a short 2-week quest, I'd give it 3.5/5, so I'd round it up to 4/5 if need be.   :)  Quite nice!  This is the first Koten-styled quest I've played! :kawaii:

Edited by Lightwulf, 26 August 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#18 Stray Sheep

Stray Sheep

Zero and Dorami

• Members

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

I'm stuck in Parliament of Fools, what should I do or need more items?

https://box.yahoo.co...viewtype=detail

Edited by Stray Sheep, 02 September 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#19 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

Yes, you miss items. One NPC in Mix Ore told you to lift all stones and mine all cracks. At least he sure told the latter. So, do that.

Then, in Space Beach, there is an enemy that you can kill now, there you will get a new item, too.

Then proceed in the Parliament of Fools as you did in the beginning of SB's final dungeon.

• Lightwulf likes this

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

zmKYV08.png

I know that's where the quiver is. The question is, how do I get in there?

#21 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

Left of that screen is a blue dotted spot, only blue dotted spot onscreen. Bomb it, so that the way through the bottom part opens.

(Hint: there's one other screen with just one blue dotted spot.)

#22 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Administrators

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

So that's what you were referring to in the earlier post... I couldn't for the life of me see it (until I leaned in real close) so I thought you were referring to the bush I burned to get into the middle of the previous screen. Oh well, I'm through, thanks for the tip!

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Administrators

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

Review is up. The dots thing was the only thing that truly bugged me, since I thought it was a very weird trigger, but everything else was pretty solid. :thumbsup:

#24 Stray Sheep

Stray Sheep

Zero and Dorami

• Members

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

I beat this quest, it's short and small, but was made very well except for bombing the blue dotted spot thing.

The ending, woman killing thing isn't unique for CastChaos funs no longer...

#25 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

Yes, you miss items. One NPC in Mix Ore told you to lift all stones and mine all cracks. At least he sure told the latter. So, do that.

Then, in Space Beach, there is an enemy that you can kill now, there you will get a new item, too.

Then proceed in the Parliament of Fools as you did in the beginning of SB's final dungeon.

I have the hookshot and the silver arrow but still can not proceed in the Parliament what am I missing.

#26 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

How do I get past the first 2 rooms in Parliament?

#27 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Beware my howl, foul villains!!!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

How do I get past the first 2 rooms in Parliament?

It's been a while, but I remember I figured out that the statues change temporarily when you use a certain item on them (boomerang?).  I forget the first item you use on them, but you only have a couple of seconds to use the hookshot on them, so quickly switch to the hookshot and cross the gap before the statues turn back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users