Trading Sequence Reward

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

I have in my quest a 9 stage trading sequence in my quest (done with string control codes, in case anybody's wondering) and was just wondering: what's a good reward? I was thinking the letter, which would let you into some kind of special shop, but... meh.
Basically, I think this would need to be either an item, or suggestions for what kind of a shop.
Oh, and larger wallets, the wealth medals, and scrolls are off the table.

Edit: I should add that this is only possible to complete once you've beaten level 5

Edited by klop422, 03 July 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

A bonus dungeon would be cool. Then maybe in the bonus dungeon you could get the best sword.

#3 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

The best sword is a reward for a different bonus dungeon for which you need the second most powerful sword.
Although bonus dungeon isn't a bad idea

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

I would avoid Wealth medals as rewards for anything quest-y. Likewise, scrolls other than the Hurricane Spin are generally not satisfying. The largest wallet, or a more powerful subweapon (arrows, boomerang, or something of that sort) are good options.

Wealth medals are best used as in-dungeon secrets, as players won't want to go out of their way to find them, but if they come across them in a location that they are already visiting, they are a nice little bonus. You likely should never make them the primary objective of any area, unless you set up shops with very powerful items that the player could only buy with the wealth medal.

A Charge Ring with an extremely low duration would make an excellent reward: If the player can nearly instantly charge their spin attack, and other charge attacks, that would be quite worthwhile at the end of a trading sequence that could last for most of the game.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 July 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#5 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, the wealth medal ruins my wallet shop, since the shopkeeper only lets you trade in your wallet for the next one when it's full (i.e. each wallet costs as much as the capacity of the previous one).

A Charge Ring with an extremely low duration would make an excellent reward: If the player can nearly instantly charge their spin attack, and other charge attacks, that would be quite worthwhile at the end of a trading sequence that could last for most of the game.

Interesting. In fact, most rings (except the refilling rings) might be a good idea. I was considering the fire boomerang as well, although the boomerang itself is optional to get, so that might be a little weird, especially as you could get the first boomerang after getting the fire one

#6 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

What about making trade sequence mandatory to be completed in order to finish the quest? Just like in Link`s Awakening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users