• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pjthehuman

Pjthehuman

Initiate

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 June 2024 - 11:26 PM

So i am trying to make use of the make a boss tile langth thing, but i don't think i am doning things right... Can someone help me please?

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 26 June 2024 - 04:02 AM

I'm going to move this to Scripting Discussion as it's a much more appropriate forum. 

If you're looking to make a bigger boss, you need to set Attribute 7, as per Moosh's setup notes for the script:

Attribute 7: Set this to how big you want the enemy to be, in tiles. If it's a square enemy this is both the width and height. Otherwise set it to Height*16+Width.

So for instance, a boss that's 2x2 tiles high and wide would need Attribute 7 to be 2, while if it was rectangular - 2x4 - it would need to be 36 (2*16+4, for instance). 

How many tiles wide/high are you trying to make the boss?

#3 Pjthehuman

Pjthehuman

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 June 2024 - 10:45 AM

One is 2x2 and the other is 2x3.

But the 2x2 one is weird. When it walks up it's fine but any other direction and it breaks, like it going left uses down. Right and down use half of both up and down sprites and i am just confused.

Btw for the 2x3 boss, it for some reason uses most of it's walking combo and part of the shooting one.

#4 Pjthehuman

Pjthehuman

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 June 2024 - 04:28 PM

The issue i seem to have is that non 1x1 bosses only use the next combo's by 1xhight. Idk how to fix that.

Nvm i firgured it out.

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 June 2024 - 04:50 PM

Nvm i firgured it out.

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

Newbie boss, and ghost.zh do not use multiple combos for large enemy sprites, instead using a single combo per animation using the top-left tile. To make large animations display properly on an FFC, you need to use A. Skip X to specify the animation's width. Here is a tutorial explaining in further detail

• Anthus, Mani Kanina and coolgamer012345 like this

#6 Pjthehuman

Pjthehuman

Initiate

• Members

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Okay this now came to my mind, but how would you do a 1x2 boss with 4 direction's? Like a dadongo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users