Photo

Screenshot of the Week 719

Shane Avaro HeroOfFire Joelmacool Yoshi Yoshot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 719 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:49 PM

Here we are, with the final contest of the year. Why not leave a vote and some thoughtful feedback as Christmas presents to the contestants?

Avaro
Avaro.png
I shall dominate over this pesky volcano!

HeroOfFire
HeroOfFire.png
We won't ask how or why those spiders carry bags of ammo.

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
Yaharr me harties I'm swashbucklin' my ways through the dungeons but yer pearls are mine, yarr.

Shane
Shane.png
This is much more relaxing than that stuffy volcanic area!

Yoshi
Yoshi.png
Does he or does he not know? This matters not as only one answer rings true: Face Shrine!

Yoshot
Yoshot.png
Link tests his new Grapple Beam in front of the desert ruins.

• ShadowTiger, Anthus and Hari like this

#2 Nick A

Nick A

• Members

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:09 PM

Here is my review for all the screenshots

Avaro: I love how the entrance to the volcano is in the middle, which helps grab the player's attention. Also the trees at the top of the entrance, the ocean at the bottom and the lava lake at the bottom give a great sense of depth.

HeroOfFire: I love the placement of the enemies at one of the entrances and the near the lake, due it causing the player to always keep their guard up. Also the vines growing throughout the cave are placed nicely.

Joelmacool: I love how the screen feels like an actual mountain, due to it having a couple of layers, which causes it to feel authentic. Also the enemies are placed perfectly in spots where the player has to be careful, which gives them a challenge. 

Shane: I love how there is a balance between the land and the lake, which causes the screen to not feel crowded or barren. Also all the objects such as the bushes and trees being placed at the back help give the scene more details, while also not making it too crowded. 

Yoshi: I love how the screen looks very hazy, which causes the screen to be unique. Also the placement of the vines are placed in great spots, which causes them to not feel like they are crowding the screen and they help give the screen more detail. 

Yoshot: I love the design of the desert ruins, due it being able to cause the player to want to head inside the dungeon as soon as possible. Also the mountain casting a shadow makes the screen more detailed.

• Twilight Knight, Shane and Jared like this

#3 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

@Yoshi's screen:
TYG
Face Shrine!

Anyways, I voted for Shane. That's some nice usage of EZGBZ, and the subscreen looks great too. :)

Edited by Yoshot, 23 December 2019 - 10:39 AM.

• Shane, Eddy and Matthew like this

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:05 PM

Ooh, tough choice this time.

Avaro: I like how the rather dull color palette makes the scene appear bleak. I also enjoy the ash/ember details obscuring the sky.

HeroOfFire: The overgrown look is distinctive and memorable. I bet there are some clever things you could do in your dungeon with this gimmick. I think the blue water isn't quite right, though. It looks too saturated. The flame in the candle also seems perhaps too dark and too red rather than hot and yellow/white. I'm being picky. I like the shot overall.

Joelmacool: A pretty, foresty scene. Even though the layout isn't particularly complex, I appreciate the amount of detail. The use of large trees in the foreground adds a wonderful sense of depth.

Shane: Nice and bright and pleasant. The subscreen is particularly elegant.

Yoshi: I'd love to see what the rest of this area looks like and how the faces are used. The shot itself doesn't reveal much.

Yoshot: The custom tiles are refreshing—you've got a distinct look. The shadows add a nice sense of depth.

I have to give my vote to someone, so I'll hand it to Yoshot. I really appreciate seeing something new, and Yoshot's clip delivers. The others are all very good too.
  • Twilight Knight, Shane, Avaro and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Avaro, HeroOfFire, Joelmacool, Yoshi, Yoshot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users