action adventure story puzzle

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#91 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:10 AM

I've made it to Pragmatic's dream. I believe I am almost done with this playthrough. I am enjoying this game. I may play it again in the future.

• Solynutt, Demonlink and Epsalon ZX like this

#92 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:36 AM

I can't seem to get through the Pragmatic's dream. The anti-gravity sends me up to second screen, but when I enter the second screen, I can't move in any direction.

#93 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:29 PM

I can't seem to get through the Pragmatic's dream. The anti-gravity sends me up to second screen, but when I enter the second screen, I can't move in any direction.

even if you go into the blue zones? I don't understand
Maybe this video can help you: https://www.youtube....v=gbTFp8Cs9O8

If can can send me a picture of where you're blocked maybe ?
maybe here: 

7x2e.png

can you go to the left and to the right ?

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#94 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:58 PM

I am blocked in the one tile gap on the bottom left. I can turn left and right, but my player never goes up on the screen.

So I never had a chance to reach the blue zones.

#95 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 13 December 2021 - 08:47 PM

Hello everyone.
I wanted to say that I am still working on the game.

• some bugs fixed
  • one way has been completely redone to be more visible (the one where you try to defeat the game itself) 
  • 4 new levels.
  • the scenario more understandable, shorter dialogues
  • the endings are no longer penalizing at all.
  • less sensitive subjects

And other small corrections. 
I don't expect a new start, but I figure that for the few new players, it will be an unambiguously better experience.
Thanks again for your help. The game come soon.

• Anthus, Shane, Jenny and 2 others like this

#96 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 December 2021 - 11:42 PM

Sounds like you tried to respond to feedback, but I hope you still stuck to your overall vision.  You showed a lot of skill as a game designer.

• Shane, dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#97 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 18 December 2021 - 05:09 PM

I made sure that people understand that it's not me, the creator of the game, who's talking, but the character you're controlling at first. 
Secondly, I noticed that the "game endings" give people a reason to "dislike the game". Even though it's only 20 seconds of gameplay, I've noticed that it makes a difference to people when the game tells them "you didn't take the right path". People think I'm punishing them because I don't agree with the path they took, but it's just that the character you control has a goal. I've made it much more understandable.
I've made every ending, pretty much, a non-punitive ending or so. Furthermore, the endings no longer say "you were wrong" as the avatar you control would like to say, but rather show the repercussions that your choices have on the avatar.
I made the storyline more understandable too. 
The subjects that were too "risky", I toned them down.

I don't know if all this distorted the game, but I really took note of all the advice and applied all of them :x

Edited by Aroten, 18 December 2021 - 07:13 PM.

• Shane, Jenny, dr_henke and 1 other like this

#98 Shane

Shane

šŸ’™

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:32 PM

I made sure that people understand that it's not me, the creator of the game, who's talking, but the character you're controlling at first. 
Secondly, I noticed that the "game endings" give people a reason to "dislike the game". Even though it's only 20 seconds of gameplay, I've noticed that it makes a difference to people when the game tells them "you didn't take the right path". People think I'm punishing them because I don't agree with the path they took, but it's just that the character you control has a goal. I've made it much more understandable.
I've made every ending, pretty much, a non-punitive ending or so. Furthermore, the endings no longer say "you were wrong" as the avatar you control would like to say, but rather show the repercussions that your choices have on the avatar.
I made the storyline more understandable too. 
The subjects that were too "risky", I toned them down.

I don't know if all this distorted the game, but I really took note of all the advice and applied all of them :x

I'm going to give your a quest another playthrough at some point. Congrats on the update progress!

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#99 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:37 PM

will be giving this another try once the quest is updated

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#100 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 December 2021 - 09:07 PM

One comment I have, having not finished the game, but played about half of it (been too busy to finish yet, sorry).

Spoiler

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#101 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 19 December 2021 - 10:22 AM

One comment I have, having not finished the game, but played about half of it (been too busy to finish yet, sorry).

Spoiler

Originally, this was deliberate for the replayability of the game, but you're right, in the new version that will be released soon, the player will be told "what the main ending is", or at least, the path that Tails will advise us to take.
However, I insist that the "main path" is not necessarily a good ending and few have taken it on their first playthrough. Thank you to confirm that point and thank you a lot for testing my game!

Thank you Shane & Jenny too !

Edited by Aroten, 19 December 2021 - 10:41 AM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#102 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 21 December 2021 - 11:23 PM

So, some new levels for a new way

I maybe need one / two testers but I think, this game is over again!

#103 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 01 January 2022 - 12:14 PM

The second update is complete!
I don't expect to have a lot of players, my game will probably fall into oblivion but I'm happy to have finished it anyway!
However, for people who would like to play this new version:
  • I need you to evaluate my game. Feel free to rate my dungeons and/or scenario/graphics/sound design here!
  • If something in this game still bothers you, don't hesitate to say it here. Please do not be malicious. I don't think I'm closed-minded. I will make changes if they are still needed.
I think I have some last bug to found, maybe a final update nĀ°3?
Anyway, your advice will be useful for my next game (it will not be made on zquest but I will show it here). Your help will be invaluable. You are my starting point. I started this game a long time ago so it's still complicated to correct, but your comments will always be very important. 
Thanks again for having me, I'll take care of the feedback (if I have any more) and sorry for my bad English, I'll make sure to become even better at it too :D

Happy new year!

Edited by Aroten, 01 January 2022 - 12:57 PM.

#104 Shane

Shane

šŸ’™

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2022 - 12:24 PM

Congrats on the update! Also I look forward to seeing your next game, and what this update holds! Your English is pretty good as it is, don't worry too much. ;)

• Solynutt, dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#105 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 January 2022 - 06:40 PM

Both new versions seems to be in French. But it looks very cool! 

• Epsalon ZX likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, adventure, story, puzzle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users