Legend of Link: The New Legacy Thread

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 August 2021 - 08:53 PM

Is there some secret or basic trick to using the "steerable" boomerang?  I can't do a damn thing with it.  Certainly can't come very close to hitting any of the switches.

#47 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:29 AM

Is there some secret or basic trick to using the "steerable" boomerang?  I can't do a damn thing with it.  Certainly can't come very close to hitting any of the switches.

Yeah the boomerang is admittedly kind of shitty, but the best way to deal with it is to use < and > to steer the possessed boomerang while holding down B. It will always be left or right of where Link is facing, as the item description said. So if you're looking left, < will move it down and > will move it up, if you're looking right, < will move up and > will move down etc. I'd prefer to have it be Oracle of Seasons style but this will have to do for now

#48 Veamly

Veamly

• Members

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:41 PM

Unfortunately I'm not getting any music in my playthrough either. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm sure its something on my end 

#49 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 August 2021 - 04:07 PM

Unfortunately I'm not getting any music in my playthrough either. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm sure its something on my end 

Make sure you download the music files and then place the quest file in the same folder

#50 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:16 PM

Did I find a potential game breaker?

RlOzp3G.png

I cannot reach the boss key, which must be inside the room circled in red, because I failed to open the passage circled in orange, but I also activated all of the fall-through floors to the basement. Of course, I can no longer reach the switch in order to activate the passage circled in orange. When I try to return to floor 2 from the upper floors, I of course fall through all the way to the basement.

• Eddy likes this

#51 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:52 PM

Ah shit... yeah that might be a permastuck situation. I'll need to get around to fixing this since someone else has reported something similar before, so I'm gonna have to redesign some parts of this to accomodate for that. In the meantime, the quest is unpassworded so you can go in and quickly remove the barrier yourself, but I'll get to this asap. Thanks for reporting

#52 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:05 AM

I too might be at an impasse...

Oops, my bad. Didn't explore enough.

Edited by Flynn, 24 August 2021 - 06:00 AM.

• Bagu likes this

#53 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:40 AM

I can't seem to have access to these images

• Flynn likes this

#54 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:58 AM

Hi Eddy, thank you very much for this great and fantastic quest.
I really enjoyed playing it and was never bored until getting Invincible Mail!

Please let me tell you my order of dungeons:

1. Gnarled Root
2. Litora Ruins (it was so tough)
3. Forgotten Grave
4. Corrupt Cathedral
5. Frosted Peak
6. Sand Winds
7. Helmaic Claw
8. Blazing Sanctum

The order of Shrines is same as above, except Forgotten Shrine,
because it was well hidden!

• Eddy likes this

#55 OgMango

OgMango

• Members

Posted 27 August 2021 - 02:30 AM

how do i fix no music?

#56 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 August 2021 - 04:47 AM

So, you got my review, but here is my order of dungeon completion.

Spoiler

how do i fix no music?

1. Make sure you download the music from the quest's description.
2. Unzip the folder.
3. Move the qst file into the same folder as the music files.
  • Eddy likes this

#57 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 September 2021 - 03:02 PM

Just wanted to say I made a quick update on this quest with several fixes and stuff, primarily fixing the permastuck problem in the Frosted Peak. I also added an NPC hinting about the dungeon difficulties in game since people missed that in the Tips & Cheats section of the quest page, so I figured I'd put it in there instead.

#58 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:35 PM

In the corrupt cathedral, I found a key, then went further in the direction the key was in, through a lock box, and found myself in the room that needs the boss key, with no other way to go.  I went back to the other side of the dungeon, and cleared everything out, and now I am against a locked door, with no key I can reach without (it looks like) the item for this dungeon.  Am I missing something?  Nothing's showing up with the compass and map anywhere I can reach.

Also, may have locked myself permanently out of a treasure room in the royal tomb.

#59 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:20 PM

SPOILER_unknown.png

So, uhhhh...I've also gotten stuck in Frosted Peak, in the same situation as UOMW described! I think this is the latest version; some newish 2.55 ZC build if that's relevant. I had to hit this switch earlier, but the blocks went back up after leaving the screen.

#60 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 November 2021 - 08:55 AM

To me it looks like you haven't downloaded the newest version of the quest file. When looking through the current version on the database now I'm seeing the corrected version, so I'd redownload the newest version just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users