Light of the Heavens 3.0

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Level 2 was definitely a step above level 3. Maybe the 2 should be switched. Was there an item in level 2 or just after the boss fight

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

So the Ice Caverns are probably the worst level in the game for multiple reasons. First, the dungeon is optional; if you're on the bad ending path, you bypass it altogether. Because of that, I put more effort into the dungeons that are required no matter what ending you get (Tidal Sanctum, Magma Sanctum, and Sky Tower). On top of that, the dungeon hasn't been changed that much since the original. The reason for that is that the Ice Block script is incredibly buggy. Even making little changes has the potential to break the entire game. I didn't want to risk causing bugs everywhere, so I edited it as little as possible; the only changes are cutscenes showing when remote secrets are activated, some miscellaneous bugfixes, and a better boss fight. The item you get after the boss is the only item there.

#18 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

Got the bad ending... It's telling me to get the hidden item in the Sky Tower to get a good ending. Went back to the Sky Tower and went through all rooms at least twice, but can't seem to find or figure out what to do to get that "hidden item". Help, please... Otherwise, I think I'm done with this amazing quest.  Thanks.

#19 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

It can be a little confusing ...  The item is indeed in the sky tower, but you need all three ruin pieces to get it. For the missing ruin piece, head to the Cloudtop Sanctum.

#20 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Totally forgot about the Cloudtop Sanctum. Probably because I couldn't get past the Circling Annoyance earlier.

I don't normally rate quests, but from a player's point of view this quests is a highly recommended must play. Experience the new item and the puzzles, enjoy the sceneries and the story, have fun with the gameplay... Solid quest deserving of top rating.

Thanks, Russ for another exceptional offering...

• Russ likes this

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Congrats on beating it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

#22 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

In Sky Tower the first room to the left that requires the magnet, I have managed to move all the arrows in the proper direction but I do not know what to hit them with or how to hit them. Seems like I managed to do it in level 2 but can't now.

Edited by Mister Snooze, 12 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

You can't do anything in that room until you get the dungeon item. Just keep it in mind for later.

#24 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Now this room has me stumped

zelda053_zps19dbc9e5.png

#25 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

That seems to be the one that stumps people most often. Lemme quote my earlier explanation.

This one is a bit trickier. The difficulty here is that, to get the mirrors in the right place to reflect magic to the bottom of the puzzle, the magnet needs to only pull on the mirrors a little bit. To get magic from the bottom of the puzzle to the switch, the magnet needs to pull on the mirrors a lot. To get around this, you need to pull the mirrors on the far left up a little bit, fire magic, and set up an infinite loop by bouncing magic back and forth along the bottom of the puzzle. Once you've got magic trapped there, you use the magnet to pull the mirrors at the top into position so that magic can hit the switch, and use the boomerang the break the infinite loop and send the magic up. I can create a video to show this if my explanation isn't clear.

#26 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

That puzzle is broken. You can bypass the mirrors. Put Link near a mirror and you can shoot the wand freely to the north. I forgot to report it. 

#27 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

Oops! I just walked off the screen

zelda055_zps4fd12ca2.png

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

... well then. Those are both bugs that probably need to be fixed. Thank you both for reporting those.

#29 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

How do you get  rid of the steam rising up from the hole Rose was pushed into. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to figure it out.

#30 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

The steam will clear naturally later in the game. For now, you're supposed to just ignore Rose and head for the temple to the west. As I recall, you'll need to find a hidden key in the area before you can reach the temple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users