Retiring

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

Well, time to retire from ZC. It's just become far too boring for me now... it's just like a game that's been played out. About five years, twelve quests... I'm done now.
http://www.purezc.co...iew=getlastpost

There's the rest of the info. I'm just going to remain as a spriter now, and perhaps help anybody with any tile requests they may have in DE. As for all my own spritework, it's still mine as I have my pride, and I took all that time to work on them. I'll just be drawing random things from now on to improve my skills as a spriter, that way I can get up to Gashin and Prince's level.

There're many other great quest makers out there as well, so my leaving shouldn't be much of a loss I say. Sure, many of my quests have been of great interest to all of you, but nothing I make now even strikes a sense of being "proud" anymore. icon_shrug.gif

#2 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:44 PM

Well man you had a great run. icon_thumbsup.gif I doubt anyone else can safely say that they made 12 quests. icon_smile.gif I really liked your quests and I think that you worked really hard to try to get them made so I congragulate you on your previous work. icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif

#3 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:50 PM

Ahn-nyonghi gesipsio, bro, it'll be sad to see you leave.

*bows*

#4 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(Linkman90 @ Mar 29 2005, 11:44 PM)
Well man you had a great run. icon_thumbsup.gif I doubt anyone else can safely say that they made 12 quests. icon_smile.gif  I really liked your quests and I think that you worked really hard to try to get them made so I congragulate you on your previous work.  icon_clap.gif  icon_clap.gif  icon_clap.gif

I second this, though I've only played half of them (and only completed one of them so far: Link's Nightmare). Even so, they have been some of the better experiences I've had with playing ZC. And personally, I hope you'll stick around to make other contributions (tile submissions, possibly? Your post seems to say you might). icon_wink.gif

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:19 AM

Tile submissions? Most possibly.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:45 AM

well, if you can help me create an entirely new tileset complete with enemies, items custom bosses and all tiles I could possibly need and want, I'll resume making Lost Isle. ^_^

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:51 AM

It sucks to see you quit, but I totally understand you. I am wondering though, are you still going to keep remixing midis like you have done? I'm sure that is a service many would appreciate.

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:53 AM

Remixing midis, maybe so.

Maybe in the future, DFW. icon_razz.gif I still have to work on my landscape designing.

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:20 AM

*wonders if Polygon actually knows about the ambitious designs I had for Lost Isle.*

In reality, if it was eventually pulled off, Lost Isle would be a one-of-a-kind questing experience. Just ask those with whom I've shared intimate information to about the project. It had quite the high hopes and complex dungeons/overworld designs and involving story that unveils as you play ala Metroid Prime style. Ah well, it would have been nice to create it, but I'm sure I would have hit a ZClassic editing boundry somewhere that would force me to make it in another program. lol

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 30 March 2005 - 02:21 AM.

#10 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:10 AM

I still bet that you will come crawling back in several months. icon_razz.gif

But, it sucks to see you stop making quests. Maybe you can give me your creative ideas now. icon_blah.gif

#11 Banedon

Banedon

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Mar 30 2005, 07:10 AM)

Yep. It is impossible to leave something forever. Last March, I thought I'd never post here again, but I eventually came back.

I won't be doing much ZC'ing for a while though...

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:32 AM

We'll see. As for my ideas, no... I have problems coming up with great ones, so don't expect me to share them. icon_neutral.gif

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:37 AM

Well, you know what, Exate had a great idea. I think I'll be pulling off the bandwagon too. As of right this very moment, I'm in no mood to be questing. I'll keep the hosted quest forum, not for quests, but for what the name of the forum actually implies, and has ALWAYS implied. Tiles. Creative Ideas. Methodology. Or perhaps all that would be best worked under my child forum, the ZC Development forum. I will most likely never give up the copyright to that.

So right now, I'm working under Praethus' wing. Any quest that I make will be for my own interest alone. Although seeing as how I'm more than dynamic at every stage of the game, I should see no reason for that to remain static in due time.

I'm Out! I'm Out I'm Out I'm Out! And I know that now's not the time to burn bridges, but it sure would feel reaaally good right about now ....

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Banedon @ Mar 30 2005, 05:13 AM)
QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Mar 30 2005, 07:10 AM)

Yep. It is impossible to leave something forever. Last March, I thought I'd never post here again, but I eventually came back.

I won't be doing much ZC'ing for a while though...

Maybe. I don't know, and I don't really care either. icon_neutral.gif

I've even quit ZC itself, so I won't be playing any quests anymore as well.

#15 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:33 AM

I bet you'll be back in about a month.

Why?
Because you're so indecisive.
Before you called it "quits", your forum was filled with topics like "This is my new, amazing quest that will be finished no matter what" and "No wait, THIS is my new amazing quest that will be finished no matter what" and "No, this is for really real my new amazing quest" and "No, this is for sure my new quest". You're the poster boy for C-Dawg's cautionary motto, which is to always stick with one quest and not start new ones based on a single idea.

And didn't you already quit a couple times before?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users