Help on Nightmare's "New Quest"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

I got a super bomb at the end of 9 that I'm supposed to use to find 10. If I keep following the path I get to a lake. It has what appears to be a raft dock on either end, but, no matter what I do it doesn't activate.

Is this a glitch? Do I eventually get the flippers? I'd like to finish the quest.

As an aside, from reading the comments this quest seems to be known for it's difficulty, but Levels 1-9 have been surprisingly easy. I'm kinda disappointed as I'm on this kick of playing hard quests (Hero with No Name, I'm looking at you next).

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

FerenzRock..!
where's this quest you're talking about???
I just can't find it, any link to this???
a new nightmare??
is another james quest??
didn't find it

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(FerentzRocks @ Mar 13 2008, 11:56 AM) View Post

I got a super bomb at the end of 9 that I'm supposed to use to find 10. If I keep following the path I get to a lake. It has what appears to be a raft dock on either end, but, no matter what I do it doesn't activate.

Is this a glitch? Do I eventually get the flippers? I'd like to finish the quest.

As an aside, from reading the comments this quest seems to be known for it's difficulty, but Levels 1-9 have been surprisingly easy. I'm kinda disappointed as I'm on this kick of playing hard quests (Hero with No Name, I'm looking at you next).

It's not a dock, use the whistle I believe. Then get the lens and find lv10 in the graveyard?....You know the one south of the water level...find the bombable rock spot with the lens. And no, this quest is Much easier than his others, it was the very first custom zc quest you know.

If your playing hard quests then check out Hero w/o name, Armageddon quest, JQ1 or 2, or this one:

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=32389

which is only a demo of one level, but still not to be taken lightly and features the newer things in 2.5 used in very fighting heavy scenarios. Only beaten by one other person sofar and my best run was a death count of 3. ... :/ (I'll get you one of these days!!!)

#4 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

Yup, I just played JQ1 and JQ2. I loved them, especially 2. Beat DemoEX a while ago. Hero without a name is probably next. And as far as New Quest, I tried blowing the whistle on that screen with the lake and got nothing but the warp tornado, but maybe I need to stand in a certain spot. I'll try again.

Edit: Yup. It's just touchy about where you stand when you blow the whistle. Found and beat Level 10, although I went through it pretty carefully and didn't find the lens. I beat Ganon and got the credits, although the comments mention a Level 11. Is that the one in the graveyard maybe? Do you recall where the lens is in L10?

Edited by FerentzRocks, 13 March 2008 - 09:28 PM.

#5 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

Do you recall where the lens is in L10?

Walk through the left wall in the room containing Zelda.

Level 11's in the south-west part of the OW, one screen up from where you enter via the 3-stair warp. The lens will reveal where to bomb.

#6 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, I found it, I meant to edit. Level 11 is evil. Pure evil. The room in the upper-right corner with the deathknight and probably 10 windrobes?! -- I don't think so. A challenge is one thing. A challenge that will make you want to tear your hair out and smash your computer with a sledgehammer? I'll likely pass.

At the very least program a room like that so the enemies stay defeated once you get past it once (which I did in fact). I may come back to it, but it seems to me Level 11 is not even a little bit fun. A dungeon with a ton of gleeoks and patras I can handle, becuase they stay dead. Excessive windrobes are usually what cause a dungeon to go from fun to just plain tedious.

Edited by FerentzRocks, 14 March 2008 - 11:59 PM.

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(FerentzRocks @ Mar 14 2008, 10:55 PM) View Post

Yeah, I found it, I meant to edit. Level 11 is evil. Pure evil. The room in the upper-right corner with the deathknight and probably 10 windrobes?! -- I don't think so. A challenge is one thing. A challenge that will make you want to tear your hair out and smash your computer with a sledgehammer? I'll likely pass.

At the very least program a room like that so the enemies stay defeated once you get past it once (which I did in fact). I may come back to it, but it seems to me Level 11 is not even a little bit fun. A dungeon with a ton of gleeoks and patras I can handle, becuase they stay dead. Excessive windrobes are usually what cause a dungeon to go from fun to just plain tedious.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that that particular level was never meant to be beaten nor has it ever been beaten by anyone yet, including Nightmare. My best was a few screens from the finish but you know that behind door number 1,2,3 there is a 40 headed fire Gleeok, 10 patra's, and Gannon with 10 Deathknights....But i'm sure you figured that out already. icon_wink.gif Check out another fun challenge from my afforementioned list.

#8 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hi Gleeok (or anyone wiser than me!)

I've finished the 10th level and obtained the lens of truth. I traversed the OW to "Level 11's in the south-west part of the OW, one screen up from where you enter via the 3-stair warp. The lens will reveal where to bomb," and although the lens reveals the bomb spot, no bomb will open the door. I've stood all around the spot and bombed, cleared all the badies (including the block guards), and I still cannot access the door. Since I used the "super bomb" to open level 10, I cannot use it again. Is there another super bomb? Is this what I need?
Please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users