Photo

Screenshot of the Week 127

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 127 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 127

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

Darkspawn
user posted image
Oh noes! It's the Fighter Brigade!

Linkus Mastii
user posted image
What town is this?

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Pirates are terrible at handling phazon.

Zeldd
user posted image
The leaves are transparent around the screen.

now a few orders of buisness:

first, sorry about the delay; I was posting it last night, when something came up, and I never got back to it. though, that did allow Linkus to enter, so it's not all bad

next, I may, or may not have a screen prepared next week. it's been something people have been asking for for a while, so be prepared, just in case

and finally, I'd like to remind everyone that, when they submit their screen and caption to me, that they include the SotW number they're submitting for in the title of the PM. it makes sorting which PMs to clean out and which to save so much easier

#2 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

Wow. Linkus Mastii gets my vote. All are good, but that one really sticks out.

Edited by rocksfan13, 19 June 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

Voted for Zeldd.
Not because she is my sister.
This is the new and improved greyscale pallete! Really good LttP-ish screen.

Darkspawn: Very good and the idea of being there at night also raises the effect.
Linkus Mastii: Very well drawn tiles, good composition, just a little empty...
Mighty Darknut: I still don't like Metroid tileset, but those thunder things are good.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:35 PM

Linkus Mastii, for the win! I just love those tiles and what you do with them. I especially like the pillars and the shadows they give off, the windows, and the people. Excellent!

The other three are decent, but just can't compete with that screenshot.

#5 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

Darkspawn

Just an average DoR screen. The fighter tiles really don't match with anything else on the screen, so they look out of place. YOu can also see Link in full colors although it is a night screen, why didn't you use transparency?

Linkus Mastii

Beautiful tilework, I like how no detail is ignored, but why is everything in the left and bottom of the screen black? Or was that Gashin resizing it, when it was a cutscene? The streets also look very empty, try putting in more people, and not just people that are standing there, but people that are doing things. For example, a girl trying to promote a lemonade stand to passerby.

Mighty Darknut

Average Metroid screen. The Phazon is well-drawn, but it looks very akward "stringing" everywhere like taht.

Zeldd

Much better grayscale pallette, but the fence shouldn't be a dark grey like that, it just looks weird, and it clashes with the rest of the screen. And why are the leaves at the back end off? It makes them look like thier just floating there...

EDIT: I null'd. </raiden>

Edited by Revfan9, 19 June 2006 - 02:48 PM.

#6 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

sry Mighty, I voted for Linkuss for his AWSOMENESS OF ZELDA GRAPHICS
I'm kinda tired of seeing metroid graphics... I'm taking a little break from metroid...
too much... Phazon.... jk.

#7 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jun 19 2006, 02:46 PM)
For example, a girl trying to promote a lemonade stand to passerby.

View Post

Aren't you the one who said something about a lemonade stand earlier, when I needed suggestions about sprites? icon_razz.gif Anyway, the screen isn't finished; There's going to be a cart with fruits added somewhere, along with its vendor.

Sorry about the black--it's there probably by accident. I think I forgot to resize it after croping the ZQ interface.

#8 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hrm... I think I'll go for Linkus Mastii here. The layout of the town itself--it's geometry and architecture--is well-thought-out, and the colors are eye-pleasing. Darkspawn's was nice, but didn't take me far beyond the Pure set, Mighty Darknut's was also good but didn't have as large a variety of tiles as others, and Zeldd's was bizarre and colored poorly. Good effort by everyone. icon_smile.gif

#9 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

I voted for Mighty Darknut, mainly because I'm a Metroid freak.... Also because alot of people vote for screenshots just because of graphics, I want gameplay people! Also, cuz those Pirates look alot like Exate's.

#10 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

are you sure these are your tiles Mighty?
I'm geting a real feeling that your stealing from Exate's tileset...
that phazon just exactly look like his.

#11 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:30 PM

Definitely Linkus Mastii. It's one of his most solid shots to date.

Although, I just now noticed that it was cut from a ZQuest image... I suppose I should scold him for that, but at least he cut out the edit windows...

#12 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Linkus Mastii @ Jun 19 2006, 04:32 PM)
Aren't you the one who said something about a lemonade stand earlier, when I needed suggestions about sprites? icon_razz.gif Anyway, the screen isn't finished; There's going to be a cart with fruits added somewhere, along with its vendor.

Sorry about the black--it's there probably by accident. I think I forgot to resize it after croping the ZQ interface.

View Post

@_@ Woah... I had toatally forgotten bout that till now, weird...

#13 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

Darkspawn - Although bland, it is probably the best shot here. The shiny trees in the bushes look unusual at night. The fighters look terrible with their grayish outlines and general lack of color (even if they are a rip, they look out of place). Voted here.

Linkus Mastii - It seems just a bit too bright. The shadows don't seem to work very well (especially the one covering the man's head). And the more I stare at it, the more the clashing between the bright stone and everything else appears.

Mighty Darknut: Meh. The one thing I don't like about the Metroid tilesets, the perspective is wacky due to using tiles that were originally seen from the side from the top. It just doesn't work that well. The rest of the graphics are usually all right, however.

Zeldd - The image quality has improved, but the screenshot quality is still rather iffy. In particular, the bottom right of the screen has an unusual-looking transition from grass to dirt. The transparent leaves actually look good on top of the temple. However, the continous nature of them gives them a perspective that makes them look bad elsewhere.

#14 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

I voted for Linkus Mastii. I loved how well the town is done! Wonderful graphics dude! Keep up the great work.
Darkspawns screen shot was alright, but it resembled Zelda: A link to the past and didn't seem original enough.
Mighty Darknut has my 2nd place vote. I love the cackling electricity and futuristic feel. Kind of reminds me of one of Exate's metroid quest.
Zeldd's screenshot isn't bad, but it still resembles Zelda: A link to the past. I do like the monochrome though.

#15 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

Darkspawn: Nothing interesting in this shot, not bad though
Linkus: Looks a little empty. Could use alot more people
MD: Not a bad shot but needs more detail.
Zeldd: Nothing too special, but not a bad shot.

Nulled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users