A Late Update, am I a Fool?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:19 PM

For those wondering, this plays fine in 2.55 Alpha 58. As standard, I'll make an update if a new 2.55 build does / doesn't play well.

So the latest version is out, and it's been a few months coming. As a result, while there are not too many new areas, there are a lot of other improvements. That said, this is now larger than Legend of Pokemon Warrior, both in item collection total and area count.

I suppose the obvious is the subscreen improvements. Activating a Safe Spot gives you a minimap of the area. These will likely be made more complex once all areas are in, to show how the screens connect.

Several options have been added in-quest. Interacting with a new book in the starting house opens a menu for various display options. You can toggle the damage display for enemies, for the player (which now displays everywhere instead of just bosses), as well as some subscreen display.

Autoleveling is now a feature of the Level Up Menu. It starts with manual leveling, but you can choose a variety of options for your exp to be spent automatically. You can change it any time, though if you switch to an option you can afford, you WILL spend the exp right away.

(also all three exp curve options are now properly scaled for the Level 45 cap, if for some reason you don't like the standard curve)

Added a few more appearance options to the player character. This of course changes older character codes, which is why the option to enter them to generate a character hasn't been added yet.

For the most part, this update feels like 2 monthly updates combined. 4 new areas total, and TWENTY new weapons (most updates have been at least 2 areas and 10 weapons). This update is a bit melee heavy, with Hookshots and Hammers being the main focus.

I also followed through on an earlier thought, and added more weapon functions for solving puzzles. Crystals that react to "energy" weapons (like Sword Beams), leaf piles blown away by Wind, and Water... Water does a LOT. The only puzzles I have not added are "any weapon" Switches, and Hookshot grapple points (those may still be coming).

Of course, this is a lot to take in. I've added a basement to the shed with your first weapon that tells you all these interactions. However, as the sign next to it mentions, you can ignore it if you like the sense of discovery learning these mechanics.

Several areas have had small changes to reflect the additional puzzle elements. There should be fewer heavy rock puzzles, especially early on. All early cave bosses now guard a weapon with a useful property, and all of these bosses can be skipped if you already have that property.

I've also distributed the passive upgrades to more finalized locations. For example, you can find all the Shield upgrades without the item rando now. Once you figure out the pattern of where they are placed, you might start putting priority on exploring certain areas (when not randomized of course).

I'm probably forgetting some other quality of life change, but overall, things are getting closer to completion.

Wait, wasn't April Fools day a week ago? I feel I have something for that...

Spoiler

• Lordkronos likes this

#2 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:40 PM

Well then i Look in to it and Yeah that Explains The Think i Have Encountered Nice to Hear it getting more Closer to Copletion.

So its now Already Bigger then Pokemon Warriors Which was already realy Big Thats nice and to Know it comes stil New Stuff makes me Hype a lot :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users