6th Quest (Mani) Help thread

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:36 PM

A help thread for my 6th Quest. It was made for a different contest a few years ago (not to be confused with the current contest that Zoria is running).

Anyway, I will be pushing an update in the coming few days, but here is a list of known issues (which I will address in said update):
1. Level 7 boss can die before you get a chance to fight it.

2. Ganon has glitch graphics on death.

Feel free to ask any questions if you need help finding your way through the quest or similar.

Edited by Mani Kanina, 08 February 2021 - 08:03 PM.

• SkyLizardGirl and Matthew like this

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:37 PM

I was going to ask where the sword was but, .. lol i found it.

So everything's good.

#3 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:11 PM

Stuck in lvl 4. I assume there is a 2nd entrance and I need the ladder to get to it. Where is the ladder.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:16 PM

You don't need the ladder to reach Level 4.

Spoiler

One entrance to Level 4 (the one I'm guessing you found) is behind the waterfall. The main entrance (the one nobody seems to find first) is behind a bomable wall on the other side of the river, north of 1st Quest's Level 4 location.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#5 blackforestkat

blackforestkat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for this quest. I am enjoying it so far. The webpage for the quest mentions that cheats are enabled but when I try to enable it the program is asking for a code. If you could send me the code it I would appreciate it. Thank you.

#6 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for this quest. I am enjoying it so far. The webpage for the quest mentions that cheats are enabled but when I try to enable it the program is asking for a code. If you could send me the code it I would appreciate it. Thank you.

The cheats are mostly there for struggling players, I do recommend against them if you can manage without.

That being said, the level one cheat is:

Spoiler

That should give you health refills whenever you need.

#7 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:49 PM

What if you scripted Ganon and he was vulmerable to the chakram?

#8 blackforestkat

blackforestkat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

Where is level 5 located? I have found all the levels except level 5. I have finished level 6 but I still can't locate level 5. Thanks for your help.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:43 PM

Level 5 is on the very first screen of the overworld, where the wooden sword is in 1st Quest.

• Mani Kanina and blackforestkat like this

#10 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:35 AM

What if you scripted Ganon and he was vulmerable to the chakram?

It's on the table, since it's scripted in the first place. It's mostly code I wrote years ago, but I can tweak it a bit, I already need to touch it up.

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:10 AM

To be clear, James ran a entirely unofficial 6th quest contest. I do approve of this quest, and IDK why Lunaria did not enter into into the official contest. (This was a user-run contest with absolutely no official approval, and no oversight. I would have approevd his quest for entry into the official content, but Lunaria did not submit it within the rather generous deadline.)

That said, for the sake of ambiguity it should not be called 6th.qst or w/e, and should be given a unique name, IMHO,

I would like to see this polished, upgraded, and even ported if the author is willing, to modern ZC. I think that this has a lot of potential and is a worthy quest in its own right.

P.S. FWIW, This was the clear winner of James' contest.

#12 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:34 AM

That said, for the sake of ambiguity it should not be called 6th.qst or w/e, and should be given a unique name, IMHO,

I don't think it's a huge concern, this has kinda already been the case for other things. And I think whatever wins in the official contest will stand on it's own, regardless what other things are named in the database.

Also, I really like the titlescreen I made years ago and I don't feel like changing it. :P

To be clear, James ran a entirely unofficial 6th quest contest. I do approve of this quest, and IDK why Lunaria did not enter into into the official contest. (This was a user-run contest with absolutely no official approval, and no oversight. I would have approevd his quest for entry into the official content, but Lunaria did not submit it within the rather generous deadline.)

Considering our history at the time, during the time frame in which it was relevant to enter, I did not think you'd have it. And later it felt like it was a bit too late to enter, since the other quests were made with entire different specifications in mind (allowing more flashy features, etc), so I just didn't think this could compare without a large revamp, which I did not feel like I had it in me at the time.

I would like to see this polished, upgraded, and even ported if the author is willing, to modern ZC. I think that this has a lot of potential and is a worthy quest in its own right.

It should run fine in later versions of ZC, it does not use many advanced features exactly. It's listed as a 2.50.2 quest because that's what it was made in years ago, saving it in a newer version of ZC would be trivial, but unless you actually want the quest for some specific purpose I don't see much reason to make the jump (cause it runs fine in older versions too and saving it in a newer version would make it not run in those)?

#13 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for this Nice quest. Looks like I am missing a key in level 7. I have found a total of 7 keys and there is only one unvisited room. I have no idea where to find it.

What about the man who tells me to return to him with the triforce ?

He just ignore me when i do so. Nothing happens / Lukaz

#14 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for this Nice quest. Looks like I am missing a key in level 7. I have found a total of 7 keys and there is only one unvisited room. I have no idea where to find it.

It's hard to offer good advice here because of just how many spots it has. I recommend trying to push rocks and statues in rooms where you have not found an item in it yet.
For some more specific hints:
Spoiler

What about the man who tells me to return to him with the triforce ?
He just ignore me when i do so. Nothing happens / Lukaz

This is currently bugged in the quest and ties into the dungeon boss appearing dead without killing it/etc. You already got what he would have given you if you came back.

#15 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

Unrelated, but I figured I should post it here since it might come up.

Level 8 is a quite complex gauntlet of a dungeon, and since some players have struggled getting around it I made a cheat map that shows you all the passageways and most of the important stuff. The visuals is that of the Modern/Normal version of the game, but the basic layout of most things should be the same, though some bomb walls might be walk-through in that version.

This is very spoilery, so open at own risk:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users