Original Graphics Showcase

• Please log in to reply
1785 replies to this topic

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

***RETRACTION: The "official" tag has been removed from this thread, the reason being that the distinction has no meaning in this context. As such it is no longer to be considered official, but because the word holds absolutely no meaning here it doesn't matter at all, so I am wasting my time by telling you this. (17.08.2017)***

Hello PureZC! This is a topic similar to the screenshot topic in Custom Quest Discussion. Here you can post your own custom tiles and sprites for others to see, or look at other peoples stuff. It is very important that if you think it's okay for other people to use your work to mark your post with "Okay to use" or something similar to clarify this. Stealing tiles is not against the rules of the board, as there's not much we can do if one decides to do it, but we ask that you all respect each and every artists own decisions. Don't be surprised if someone sees a tile in your quest that you were not allowed to rip, to get some negative feedback from other users. It is frowned upon...

Let me start it off by posting this somewhat unfinished statue of mine. I'm thinking of using it in The Hylian Phoenix, but as of right now, it uses almost an entire cset, so unless I recolor it into DoR or make a special palette for each screen using the statue, it'll remain unused. I ask that no one rips it at this moment, but I may decide to let you guys play with it at a later date:
ocarinastatue1.png

Edited by Migokalle, 17 August 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#2 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

My first thought was actually a mushroom guys house. Turn the front of the statue into a door and boom, you're set.

#3 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

It definitely looks good.icon_thumbsup.gif And I think you can get around making a palette for it with 8-bit Mode or some sneaky layering. The purple parts of the statue could probably work in CSet 10, and the rest would work in either CSet 7, CSet 4 (overworld palettes), or CSet 2 (interior/dungeon palettes).

#4 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hm...good idea Migokalle. Perhaps if anyone doesn't want their work stolen, they could have it posted as a JPEG?

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

Only problem with having the .jpeg format is people would whine and moan when people use programs like MS Paint to save their files, and not a program where they can reduce the lossy compression. Even then, people would still complain

Of course, using that format is entirely optional

#6 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

If you don't want it stolen just say so. I mean you could steal anything if you really wanted to even a .jpg so it doesn't really matter. If you really need to just put a transparent layer with your name over the image :\

Nice ocarina Migo icon_smile.gif

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

If you don't want it stolen just say so. I mean you could steal anything if you really wanted to even a .jpg so it doesn't really matter. If you really need to just put a transparent layer with your name over the image :\

Nice ocarina Migo icon_smile.gif
I think it's a lot better to assume that all the tiles shown here is "off limits" unless otherwise is staded, but of course, if one wants to be sure, there's no harm in saying it too... even putting a watermark on the picture is fine too, but it may seem a little desperate. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, come on people! I know Pure isn't full of spriters, but one of my intentions when making this thread was to get more people to at least try it... you know?

Anyways, I've got another little thing... this one is free for everyone to use, so... go crazy.
IPB Image

#8 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

That looks awesome, Migo. No complaints here. icon_smile.gif

I don't have any of my sprite with me, but when I do, I'll post some stuff up. icon_smile.gif

#9 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

http://www.adrive.co...dfile/250574775

Yea. Photobucket won't work on this old relic, so I had to post it on aDrive instead.

Don't mind the garbage in the corner there, that's just a glitch with running 2.10 on Windows 98.
Anyway, Here are some of my weapons from DI. Keep in mind these aren't the default BS palettes, so if you decide to rip these, it'd be a bit of a ***** to do so, but feel free.

#10 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

doesn't let me see it.

#11 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

adrive says something about signing up for some stupid trial accounts. icon_shrug.gif

Try http://iu.outerhaven.org?

#12 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

http://iu.outerhaven...e9fe834d178.bmp

Let's see...Yea. It works. Won't let me IMG tag it cuz 98's paint doesn't convert BMPs to anything else. Sorry.

EDIT: Oh yea, here's a little something I cooked up for QftT. Well, actually, ALttP cooked it up, I just edited the hell out of it.
IPB Image

Edited by Fausch, 26 October 2009 - 06:36 PM.

#13 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

IPB Image

Preview of a little dungeon set I'm making - Actually, make that two or three, which includes my last dungeon set...
  • Jared likes this

#14 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

IPB Image
Armos Knight, made by me, with a lot of criticism from Migokalle and Linus.
Please use.

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(Fausch @ Oct 26 2009, 01:10 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Those look really good. I love the shinyness of it and the gold color to it. Very nicely done. icon_smile.gif I honestly thought it was custom at first.

QUOTE(Linkus @ Oct 28 2009, 11:39 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Dood, those look friggen amazing. icon_smile.gif New dungeon tiles are always nice to see.

QUOTE(Nuvo @ Oct 28 2009, 11:44 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Awesome! icon_biggrin.gif I really like the sword. Overall, it looks really nicely done. Great work! icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users