Photo

Does anyone else think we're giving this too much thought?

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#361 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

That is true... so, then, did Ganondorf die at the end of Twilight Princess? I think that he did, but since he never truly fell... it's open for interpretation.

#362 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

It can be judged that way. It makes enough sense:

In ALttP's manual (if you care to, you can check out Anthus's first post in this topic and find the link to the ALttP manual), it mentions the Master Sword is the only weapon that can repel the powers of the Triforce. So I think that, with the Master Sword sticking in him, the Triforce of Power could not stay with Ganondorf. Without the Triforce of Power to keep him alive from a certain death, he died. That's what I believe.

#363 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

Hmm... so TP was Ganondorf's final stand in one timeline? That makes sense, now that I think about it. I'm going to forward a (modified) timeline that I found on the net the other day...

TIMELINE 1
1. The Minish Cap icon_eek.gif
2. Ocarina of Time (The Sages judge Ganondorf)
3. Majora's Mask
4. Twilight Princess
5. Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures
6. A Link to the Past
7. Oracle of Seasons (occurs at same time as OoA)

TIMELINE 2
1. The Minish Cap
2. Ocarina of Time (Adult Link seals Ganon)
3. The Wind Waker
4. Phantom Hourglass (TBR)
5. The Legend of Zelda
6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
7. Oracle of Ages (occurs at same time as OoS)

You'll notice that ALttP is after FSA, even though the new Ganon in FSA got the trident from the pyramid (an obvious throwback to ALttP). The solution is that the pyramid in ALttP is not the forerunner to the FSA pyramid, its actually based on the FSA pyramid. Ganon made the pyramid his base in the dark world because it was a familiar object.

#364 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

Just don't be trying to tell me that the Ganon in ALttP is from FSA. It's not. icon_rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(The Satellite)

Also, I'm going to destroy a point right away before you think of it. The Ganon in FSA and the Ganon in ALtP are not the same Ganon. Why? Simply because of sealing conditions. According to ALttP, Ganon was sealed in the Golden Land (Sacred Realm)/Dark World with the Triforce, whereas in FSA Ganon was sealed within the Four Sword with no Triforce in sight. That'll defeat that before it will resurface. icon_smile.gif

Apparently, it didn't work. icon_eyebrow.gif

I'll state both of my timelines. The split and the singular.

The Singular:

OoT->MM->TP->WW->PH->ALttP->OoX->LA->MC->FS->FSA->LoZ->AoL

The Split(all timelines begin with OoT, and Majora's Mask is left out):

Timeline A (Child Timeline):
TP
MC
FS
FSA

Timeline B (Adult Timeline):
WW
PH
ALttP

In dispute:
LoZ->AoL

I'll have to explain my reasoning later, since my mom's being a piss. icon_sweat.gif

#365 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 7 2007, 01:18 PM) View Post

Your timeline sucks.

icon_redface.gif Oops. Well, it wasn't really mine to begin with. If you look up Twilight Princess retrospective (part 6) you'll find where I ripped it from. But yours DOES make a lot of sense. I can also understand where the LoZ and AoL don't fit in. I always thought that there wasn't enough story to those games... if Nintendo could just give us a reasonably in-depth story for both, I bet they'd fit in a lot better.

#366 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite)

Your timeline sucks.

I didn't say that. icon_deformed.gif

That's really my opinion, you don't have to conform to it if you don't want to. icon_razz.gif

But my reasoning for it? It's been confirmed by Eiji Aonuma that TP goes in the Child Timeline. I forgot where the interview to that is. Ganondorf, having been killed in TP, resurfaces in FSA. View Minish Cap's Intro. You will see a Moblin, an Octorok, and a couple of Keese in the intro. Ganon's creations. Obviously, Ganon was involved before MC started, and it was confirmed that OoT's Ganondorf was the very first incarnation of Ganon ever (in the timeline). So, later, Ganondorf is reincarnated, and resurfaces in FSA, only to get sealed in the Four Sword at the end. Another Four Swords game is coming, you mark my words.

Now, WW goes where Ganondorf would've recognized Link, which is the Adult Timeline, after Link defeated him and sent him into the Sacred Realm. Thus, he resurfaces in WW, and PH is its confirmed sequel, so there you go. icon_deformed.gif Also, considering Ganondorf didn't really die in WW's end, he may be up for a return, ala ALttP. Triforce is rejoined at the end of WW, Ganondorf finds it, Hyrule is reclaimed in the midst of PH (or there's a new one), Ganon attacks New Hyrule, gets sealed in the Dark World, years later, ALttP comes along.

But yeah, I'm very disputed about LoZ->AoL's placement. In the singular, I placed it at the end, but I don't know where to place it in the split. icon_shrug.gif

#367 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 8 2007, 09:20 AM) View Post

But yeah, I'm very disputed about LoZ->AoL's placement. In the singular, I placed it at the end, but I don't know where to place it in the split. icon_shrug.gif

You could put it after PH but before ALttP... maybe the flood recently died down in Hyrule (explaining the lack of civilization in LoZ) and without the Master Sword (it was absent in LoZ and AoL) he couldn't truly kill Ganon. He just banished him to the Sacred Realm.

But still, that's a little iffy.

#368 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

I have some maps.

ALttP Map (Light World)
LoZ Map

Compare. Notice the similarities. That is, mountains in the north, lake in the southeast.

Maybe the LoZ->AoL arc can go with...

DUH! I'M SO STUPID! icon_doh.gif

I believed that the Ganon in LoZ is the one from FSA, so they should go in the Child Timeline! Unless they connect the two timelines, which is a theory brought up before. I think it makes sense. The timelines should come to a close, IMO.

#369 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

Yeah... timelines are confusing. Maybe, as the post I've already made points out, the to OoX games happen at the same time in different timelines, and function as the bring-togethers of the timeline.... of course, Ganon never died in your Child Timeline (still sealed in the Four Sword) so the plot of OoX (resurrecting Ganon) wouldn't make much sense.

#370 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

Unless I revise the Child Timeline to include LoZ->AoL. Then, the FSA Ganon dies in that one.

But now that I think about it, I never place OoX. It was just assumed that OoX and LA were with ALttP. But Ganon was revived in OoX, and had an appearance similar to ALttP and thus FSA Ganon. So, the LoZ Ganon is revived in OoX (since he was only turned to dust), and then gets destroyed in OoX. icon_unsettled.gif

#371 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

True, true...I think that anothre Zelda game is going to have to come out, because although the theories are possible, there're still a few holes... the FSA -> whatever comes next, for example.

#372 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:44 AM

PH is coming, but it'll be WW's sequel. It could make or break the split timeline. The popular theory is that either Hyrule will be reclaimed or that there will be a new Hyrule.

I'm personally hoping for a TP sequel, as well as some others. Oh, and we could do with an AoL sequel, probably.

#373 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

[really hoping]Phantom Hourglass probably won't mess with the timeline theory.[/really hoping] Nintendo has confirmed that Ganondorf will not appear, and neither will the Master Sword. I've also read the basic introduction to the game on Wikipedia, and it goes like this: Link and Tetra are out searching for new lands, but Link gets lost in a fog and lands in unfamiliar territory. The game will revolve around Link trying to regain contact with the pirates. So, maybe it'll be LA-esque, in that its more of a sideshoot game than a timeline make or break game.

Yeah, a Twilight Princess sequel wound be pretty bad. Personally, I'd just like to see OoT and MM redone in the TP graphics. I would TOTALLY buy that.

#374 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(WikiPedia)

According to Eiji Aonuma, "it is not likely Ganondorf will return in Phantom Hourglass." However, before his defeat in The Wind Waker, his evil influence spread across the Great Sea. The King of Red Lions will not return in Phantom Hourglass, either.

They said it isn't likely, not that he won't return altogether. The confusing part is when they use the word "either." icon_unsettled.gif

PH will definitely mess with the timeline, if it involves finding a new Hyrule. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users