• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#16 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(FireStorm @ Mar 9 2005, 04:46 PM)
Maybe we'll discover a possible release date??

Doubtful. We will most likely get a release date after the playable demo at E3. icon_wink.gif However, we might get a more approximate date, such as the month it will be released.

#17 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:40 AM

Nintendo HAS confirmed that the release date is in Q4. Don't think they'll get more specific than that just yet.

In other news, it's been confirmed that online DS plans will be unveiled tomorrow at GDC. Also, online games for the DS will come out this year. If I had to guess, I'd say that Metroid Prime: Hunters will be one of the premier online games, as well as perhaps Mario Kart DS. That's pure speculation on my part, though.

As far as the Zelda trailer: it's all but official that the trailer will be shown tomorrow. If I'm wrong, I'll have to give more than just a single cookie. I'll give everyone who's posted before THIS post a cookie (for those of you keeping track, some people get two cookies, and others get one... if I'm wrong). In addition, if I am wrong, then until something regarding Zelda IS released, I will end every post with "I am a lowly and devious Fox unworthy of the very ground upon which I stand." Sound good?

Next, to address an earlier comment about "no mountains in the background." Don't know which trailer you watched, but there certainly were mountains in the background, as well as a faint image of towers in the distance. To see the towers, check carefully for these times in the 1 minute trailer: 01-03, 21, 27. Also, I may have seen a mountain with a unique shape appear twice from different distances in the trailer, but it could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. I'll leave that for you to find. icon_wink.gif

That said, just because there IS a background with distinguishable features, we cannot assume that what we saw will be in the final version of the game.

Quick sidenote: Revolution and Mario 128 at E3.

UPDATE: Peer @ IGN, 10:31pm PST:

Don't worry. You'll see Zelda tomorrow.

That goes along with everything else I've heard. Yay for not owing people cookies. =)

#18 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:12 AM

IGNcube: Will the DS online network serve as an infrastructure for future online Revolution games?

Reggie: About DS wireless Internet play. Yes, we're going to be making announcements about that tomorrow. And there's going to be a lot of activity that we'll be sharing now through E3 and to the end of this year. We'll be launching wireless enabled games on DS this year. Could that framework be compatible with Revolution? Certainly it could. We'll be talking more about that, again both tomorrow and at E3. But it's very important for your community out there to understand that we see the potential for Internet play for all of our platforms to be a huge opportunity and something that we're going to be driving very aggressively.

So, looks like you won't need any cookies Fox. If this part is true, the Zelda trailer is most likely true as well. icon_razz.gif

IGN Interview

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:29 AM

Tomorrow? Awesome! And don't worry... I can bake my own cookies. icon_razz.gif

*in any case suspected those would be browser cookies if we did get them, and much prefers Otis Spunkmeyer*

#20 ctrl-alt-delete

ctrl-alt-delete

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:38 PM

The trailor is now up on Nintendo.com!!!!!

#21 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:17 PM

After going through pain and suffering to get it (streaming doesn't work so well... and QuickTime 6 does not support saving unless you buy the Pro version), I finally got to watch it.

All I can say is about the same thing I said to the last trailer.

OMG! OMG! Freaking cool! icon_bounce.gif

I can't think of much else to say right now... so I'll wait for someone else to start an actual discussion about it. icon_razz.gif

#22 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:24 PM

Hmm, this brings much to the table...

It all captivates me. One thing I did notice is that Link seems really tall and thin, almost lanky...jk, but it is something that stood out to me, at least.

I also noticed some (probably) familiar enemies: Stalfos-like skeletons, Redeads (or those freaky zombies), and fighting Gorons!

Link also seems to use his jump attack...a lot. That's not bad, just another observation. It also looks like our equestrian hero is also riding on warg-like creatures dispensing justice. The fighting looks top notch. The camera angle is weird when he's fighting two enemies in the fire room. The swimming looks great, and the dog thing is heartwarming. There are also OoT Link sounds (good or bad, I'm not sure) like when he picks up the dog. Commence discussion!!!!!

#23 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:29 PM

WOW! That's all I've got to say about that trailer. I seriously haven't been this excited about a new video game for a really long time, and that trailer has just made the wait even harder! icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I've noticed several things in this trailer and the last trailer that really remind me of the Lord of the Rings movies. The ghosts that appear in the trailer look like the ghosts from the Paths of the Dead in Return of the King, and the giant spider that's chasing Link reminds me of Shelob from RotK. Also, something I noticed in the first trailer as well...the parts where Link is on his horse and fighting the enemies who are riding the giant bores reminds me of the part in The Two Towers where they're figting the orcs who are riding the wargs. I'm not trying to imply that Nintendo took these ideas straight from Lord of the Rings, but it seems like Nintendo definitely got at least some inspiration from those movies while making this game.

Edited by Hero_of_Hyrule, 10 March 2005 - 06:05 PM.

#24 ctrl-alt-delete

ctrl-alt-delete

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:40 PM

The animal was not a dog, it was a cat. If you download the bigger version, you can see it more clearly. I will edit this post shortly and give my full analysis, so for those of you who have not seen it, spoiler alert.

#25 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:20 PM

I'm going to take a special liberty and pin this topic. We can keep using it for any new information (especially videos) on Zelda GCN (or whatever they're calling it icon_razz.gif)

#26 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:02 PM

HA! I owe nobody cookies! Though my guess is that everybody's happy about that. icon_wink.gif

That trailer... my god...

I'll have in-depth impressions later. Right now, I'm searching everything Zelda. I've got 3 or 4 versions of the movie on my HD, and I'm closely watching each one.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, download it now. If you have dialup, just take the time to wait it out. It's good beyond comparison.

More details to come...

#27 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:02 PM

I can sum this movie up in one emoticon:

icon_drool.gif

...But I'm going to make some comments anyway... icon_wink.gif ...because I noticed some stuff I thought would be worth pointing out, such as:

- The "black and purple mist" death animation is still similar to its Wind Waker counterpart.

- The giant spider looks as though it might be a skulltula. icon_biggrin.gif

- Spears, arrows, and other weaponry fly over Link's head as he rides away from the oncoming army. Can these hit Link? How will it be handled?

- Link looks over his shoulder with his mouth agape, as he runs away from what appears to be Gohma! Nice touch. icon_biggrin.gif

- The giant boar Link rides is the same type that the lizardfols and bokublins were riding. This suggests that Link will be able to steal enemy mounts, much like the large enemy weaponry you can use in Wind Waker!

- When fighting the two lizardfols, Link switches to face each of them several times. Either the person controlling Link is switching L-targeting rapidly, or there may be a secondary targeting system in place. Prince of Persia comes to mind.

- If that moving statue is an Armos... man, they've gotten big.

- Lastly, Link does his little fancy sword-spin and sheathes it right after he kills an enemy. Is this part of the system? I have a suspicion: as before, here I think they're imitating Prince of Persia. In that game, when you have defeated all the enemies in the immediate area, the camera zooms in on the Prince, and he automatically sheathes his swords in slow motion.

If that's the case, it's an unnecessary addition, but visually it's a NICE touch, and it won't hurt anything gameplaywise.

Lastly, to Firestorm:

I'm not sure why you thought it was a dog; they made "myew" noises, even if you couldn't see them very well. Also, I suspect the camera angles are not going to correspond to how the camera works in the finished game. Note that there are no crosshairs or arrows, or any sort of menu icons visible. Let's wait for further developments in the future and see how that pans out. icon_smile.gif

#28 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:10 PM

Yes, I'm sorry, they are cats. I'm not sure why I said they were dogs. Oh well, no big deal.

#29 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:19 PM

That's okay; there's a lot of stuff to see in this trailer. When I was pointing out things I'd noticed, I had to go back and watch the trailer several times to pick out the details.

Not that I minded... icon_wink.gif

#30 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:48 PM

All I have to say ... is this:

WOAH!

icon_drool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users