Photo

Screenshot of the Week 87

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:56 AM

Hero_Link: Wow, with so few tiles, a shot that actually looks damn good :O!

Mr. Z: Horrible! I hate it, it's ugly! Get it away from me! AAAH!

PolygonX8: I prefer to use Bombs on Manhandlas instead of the Hammer. icon_razz.gif

Radien: Sweet, but how does this boss battle work? I see space for spikes to rise, but does the bird move too?

Shoelace: I want those flames! This dungeon kinda reminds me of Level 2 in Link's Birthday 2, cancelled. But why is it called "Temple of Irony?" What's so ironic? o_O

No vote, just because Mr. Z's shot sucks so much. icon_sigh.gif

icon_razz.gif

#17 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:28 AM

Shoelace: That block puzzle is impossible to complete if you can't cover the bottom right floor tile. The blocks around the -> block is making it impossible. However, very nice shot.

No, the puzzle is possible because I tested the whole level and it all works. The blank block is also moveable.

Also, I think I am going to change the name of the level because it doesn't fit anymore. The level wasn't a desert level at the time but since you find it in the desert region I changed the level. I am going to ponder on what I should call the level.

Also -> (evil eyes icon_evil.gif are staring at Radien for entering) icon_razz.gif

#18 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:28 AM

I went with Mr. Z's. It's a great shot, and the enemies with dual swords just topped it off. icon_thumbsup.gif

#19 fenoxfrost

fenoxfrost

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:36 AM

My vote goes to Hero Link just simply because he is doing an excellent job on the FF tiles. It makes me want to play the game too. As always, everyone had excellent screenshots, which makes it hard to choose. icon_lol.gif

#20 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

I decided to vote for Radien. that bird is just so awsome, and the tiles for the castle place are very well done. it's even animated, which gave it a +5 in the Greatness stat

#21 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Apr 24 2005, 08:24 PM)
Also, what's so odd about the statues' placement? icon_shrug.gif No, those two platforms are *not* touching. There's a gap between them that you have to hookshot over. That's just the way they have to look when rendered in 2D.

Indeed, I do understand what you were trying to do it, but like you said, the 2D rendering makes it look odd. Though, I think one possible fix would be to darken the further pillar, as right now it simply looks like they are right on eachother. icon_shrug.gif

#22 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(drari @ Apr 24 2005, 06:36 PM)
Hero Link- I never played that FF game so the tiles are new to me, and they look rather good.The only thing that you should change, or add is the top part where the hexagon shaped crystals fade into darkness.

Yeah, I was planning on doing something different, but I didn't end up getting around to it. By the time it's a set, I should have something thought up for that.

#23 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

LTM:

Well, y'know, any picture is always a sort of optical illusion... just as you aren't seeing exactly what I'm going for, I'm not quite sure why you think the pillar in particular needs changing. Anyway, the statues are there partially to show that the platforms aren't touching.

Hero Link:

I also wanted to comment on your shot. FF3 has some pretty darn good graphics for an NES game, and you're doing a great job. icon_smile.gif Way to get something done... I hope to see your tileset in the database as soon as you can finish it.

#24 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:05 PM

Nice Radien, nice. My vote obviously. And you could still edit the colors and make it the Helmaroc King.

Very funny, PGX8.

And Shoelace, I get the "hot key" pun, whether it was meant as a joke or not.

#25 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:24 PM

Hero Link: That's way too cool. I like Final Fantasy, adn that seems like an awesome cut scene.
Mr. Z: Nicely built. I like how those statues are placed there.
PolygonX8: Dang, dude...it's all out warfare, like in my original Separation of Boy and Girl game. Bu I love the nostalgic feeling of taking on that many manhandlas back in the day.
Radien: Very nicely built. A custom boss is always nice, even though I find them all a piece of cake to beat.
Showlace: I'm up for solving that puzzel...it looks well built.

Okay, I love all these screenshots, so no vote from me...or else, I'd be stuck here all night deciding on who to vote on. They're all good.

#26 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Radien wins SotW 87. Congratulations!

SotW 88 will start sometime tomorrow evening.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users