Photo

Screenshot of the Week 87

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

Hero Link
user posted image
Nothing like getting caught by the enemy...

Mr. Z
user posted image
Preview of a dungeon in QfL: Estys steps into the Dragon Tower...

PolygonX8
user posted image
What a jokeshot.

Radien
user posted image
The Thunderbird is half ripped, half custom-drawn. The same goes for the rest of the screen, in fact.

Shoelace
user posted image
That is one hot Key!

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

wow, it's a tough decision between Radien, Z, and Hero link... I'm going to have to think on this one for a while

and Radien, I want that bird. how much does it cost?

#3 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

Wow.. tough choice, but in the end, I think I'll have to go with Shoelace.

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

Oh my! There are some awesome pictures, it can go either way in this one. Anyways, I null voted since I entered. The picture is also from my game Hero of Dreams in the Desert Dungeon which I think came out very well. Anyways, here is my two cents:

Hero Link: I like the Final Fantasy tiles, it looks like you will be able to make a great and orginal game with this tileset. Funny picture.

Mr. Z: I have to say this may be your best quest yet and that is saying a lot. The picture is okay but it makes me want to see the rest of dungeon!!!

PolygonX8: Nice Joke Shot. icon_razz.gif I think it would be easier to kill them with a bomb rather than a hammer. icon_cool.gif

Radien: Wow. I love the shot. I can't wait to beta test that boss!! Anyways, you had to enter when I did. icon_razz.gif I like the way the screen is made and the way that you have to use the hookshot. Awesome.

Well that is my two cents. I guess I'll have to wait and see to find out if I can keep it in there with Radien, Mr. Z's, Hero Link's shots. They are so good!

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

Great Shots Radien, Hero Link and Mr.Z. For me it is agianist Radien and Hero_Link.

Radien: This screen reminds me of Links Awaking 7 boss in the sky. Very good. icon_thumbsup.gif

Hero_Link: I like your shot alot. It is a non-zelda shot so...it makes me wana vote for it. I'll deciced later and vote the others later also.

Edited by DragonBoy, 24 April 2005 - 05:34 PM.

#6 drari

drari

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

I am sooo glad I didn't watse my custom tiles this week, I would have gotten killed, again.

Hero Link- I never played that FF game so the tiles are new to me, and they look rather good.The only thing that you should change, or add is the top part where the hexagon shaped crystals fade into darkness.

Mr. Z- Give you 10$ if you give me the dragon statues.It's a pretty good shot, I see alot of custom tiles here, like the enemies.

PX8- Heh nice Jokeshot. Are you using Gashin's fireball sprites? It looks soo similar. Oh, and why are the 3 statues not layer on, making the black corners?

Radien- Give you 10$ for the bird. This shot is wonderful, but I noticed one error. The statues don't have outlines for their shoulders icon_razz.gif . And are the background mountains from the LTTP Title screen, or Zemious's Mystic Quest BG? I swore I saw it before. *Votes*.

Shoelace- Awesome fire. Heh Temple of Irony. I like how the sand overlaps part of the floor border. BTW, if the goal of that block puzzle is to get blocks on the 4 floor tiles, then it is impossible unless you can push the blank block on the bottom left corner.

#7 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

Radien's the best because of the boss, the background, and everything else that pwned the other shots to another dimension, oh yeah, plus 4790... or something.

My shot... that's an old ALttD3 shot; 1.90 quest. Yes, it is a joke, and I entered because I was bored.

Shots like Radien's make me jealous.

#8 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:24 PM

Basically a tie between Mr Z. and Radien.

Hero Link: I like the FF tiles. Makes me wanna go play the ROM. icon_xd.gif

Mr Z: icon_freak.gif I Want those statues. They are awesome.

PolygonX8: Woa.. That shot makes me not want to play whatever quest that is. icon_xd.gif

Radien: Woa. icon_omg.gif I love the screen. It's so perfect. icon_omg.gif *votes*

Shoelace: That block puzzle is impossible to complete if you can't cover the bottom right floor tile. The blocks around the -> block is making it impossible. However, very nice shot. icon_smile.gif

#9 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:35 PM

Shew, hard to pick.

Hero Link: I'm sorry... but the walls don't looks like... well... walls. Most likely this is due to the graphics you ripped from, however. icon_neutral.gif

Mr. Z: Very nice tiles there. I like all of the tiles, be it those statues, or the sprites.

PolygonX8: THIS IS AWESOME! /ME VOTES! j/k

Radien: Sorry, but I'm not a fan of that bird. I can see that there's detail in there, but due to the dark colors, they are hard to see. Plus, the layers look odd, how those statues are covered up.

Shoelace: It's odd. Something about this shot is really drawing me to it. It seems to really appeal to me. Due to this, I just can't help but vote for it. icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hero Link: I love what you decided to do with the minimap. :P The walls do look kind of awkward, though. FF3 rocks.

Mr. Z: Holy crap, awesome. It was a really close match between this and Radien's, for me.

PolygonX8: :P

Radien: Mmm, Zelda 2.

Shoelace: The "Temple of Irony"? ._o The layout of the room is pretty good, but how the crap do cacti grow in a place with no sunlight or water? And in an environment so hot? :P Edit: Yes, it's a given that deserts are hot, but there's LAVA really close, here.

Very close between Z and Radien, but Radien got the vote.

Edited by OMEG, 24 April 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#11 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:23 PM

I voted for Radien. Gotta love the bird. icon_smile.gif

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

drari: The statues were like that in LTTP; it's a direct rip from emulator. Not everything has to have an outline... In fact, it often looks better if you manage to avoid using outlines. I'm not good enough of an artist to go completely without outlines, but I would if I could.

LTM: The dark colors are intentional. Shadows conceal the face, just like Final Fantasy black mages. I may darken the horizon or lighten the colors to make it fit in better.

Also, what's so odd about the statues' placement? icon_shrug.gif No, those two platforms are *not* touching. There's a gap between them that you have to hookshot over. That's just the way they have to look when rendered in 2D.

OMEG: Er... wha? icon_odd.gif But... this shot has no Zelda 2 tiles in it... icon_confused2.gif

EDIT: ...OHHH, wait!! You're talking about the second-to-last boss of the game. Whoah, points for remembering that one. icon_biggrin.gif Hmm... I don't think I'll draw a connection between the two, but that was a very astute observation. I hadn't noticed that!

Anyway, about the bird: I started off by ripping some stuff from an old game called "Wizardry." I edited several birds together, and filled in the frames I didn't have by editing an actual painting of a falcon to get the wings down. It took several hours, which is why I decided to make it an animated gif.

By the way: the shot's not just for showing off tiles; I'm actually in the midst of making this boss... unlike the other two bosses I have "in the hold," which are nothing more than moving pictures at the moment.

#13 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:22 PM

I picked Hero_Links because I really like how you are using a Final Fantasy tileset, great work but then theres Radien. I like the back ground alot. icon_wink.gif

#14 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

Wow this was a really tough one. They were all just so good. :\

Hero Link: Man I want that FF3 set. It just looks great. icon_biggrin.gif
Mr.Z: Wow those statues look great. icon_smile.gif
Exate: Lol I would have made the comment Link: "You have got to be kidding me". icon_razz.gif
Radien: Wow that bird won it for me. icon_thumbsup.gif *votes*
Shoelace: Not bad at all. icon_smile.gif I like how you blocked getting to the key. icon_smile.gif

#15 Phosphorescent Image

Phosphorescent Image

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:39 AM

Holy SH*T! That is very incredible Radien. Your taking ZC to the graphical limits. Love the pastel colors too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users