Blobbo's Adventure Release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:42 PM

Can you believe it? Happyman FINISHED something!! That NEVER happens!

I've been working on this game using GM 5.3a for about a month now. It was inspired by the game Jumper (also for GM); a fan site can be found here for this game if you want to learn more or download it.

I warn you before you play this:
This is a very difficult platformer game. While you are probably going to have deaths numbering to perhaps the thousands, remember that there is no death limit, and you can always play on the stage you left off on, so the only penalty for dying is that the level restarts. Even if you become frustrated early on by a tough level, keep trying, because you'll get it eventually!

If you aren't very good at platformers, I still think this game is worth a try.

Please pardon the banners and popups and crap. If you know of a better host that I can use, please let me know.

Here is the download page for Blobbo's Adventure.

Screenshots are on the site if you want to see them. Credits, copyright, and some instructions on using the program are included in the readme file. A program that allows you to create and view replays for this game is also available! I'm planning to make a level editor, but I can't make guarantees. icon_shrug.gif

Have fun! I really hope you guys enjoy playing this as much as I enjoyed making it. icon_biggrin.gif

#2 Kouga

Kouga

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:44 PM

Well, It sound fun. I'm downloading it right now actually. I'll update this post and tell you what I think about it in a little while.

Update: I just finished the forest levels. It's really good so far. It's quite difficult though, that's for sure.

Edited by Kouga, 18 October 2004 - 07:56 PM.

#3 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:07 PM

Yay! You finished something. People seemed to like the demos on that forum, so I am definitely going to check this out. I actually have been thinking on doing some stuff in Game Maker, but haven't decided fully yet. Anyway, I look forward to this game. Looks fun, but hard, and that means it's promising. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:29 PM

gah, that's hard! it's fun, though. nice work

#5 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:08 PM

I'm downloading it now. I'll review it later. icon_wink.gif

#6 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:14 AM

I myself will get it later on (must depart soon), looking forward to it, Happy. icon_smile.gif

Now that you got this done, maybe you can decide to work on that 'ONE' quest, if you can find the time. icon_whistle.gif

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:18 AM

Wow, a FINISHED amateur/fan game. icon_biggrin.gif Those are in short supply. icon_wink.gif For that reason alone, I will definitely try it out sometime. Good job getting it done. icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:25 AM

Awesome, Happyman. icon_smile.gif I'm so impressed! ^_^ .. So how many deaths have you accumulated so far? icon_razz.gif QuestWizard88 have been swapping saves in Jumper 2, (Along with levels we created ourselves.) And we're pwning the game so far. We've already unlocked.. well.. just about everything. I can't wait to get my hands on that level editor of yours. icon_biggrin.gif Heehee.. Again, congrats. I can't wait to play this baby.

#9 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Oct 19 2004, 10:25 AM)
Awesome, Happyman. icon_smile.gif  I'm so impressed! ^_^  .. So how many deaths have you accumulated so far? icon_razz.gif  QuestWizard88 have been swapping saves in Jumper 2, (Along with levels we created ourselves.)  And we're pwning the game so far.  We've already unlocked.. well.. just about everything.  I can't wait to get my hands on that level editor of yours. icon_biggrin.gif  Heehee..  Again, congrats.  I can't wait to play this baby.

Oh yes, Jumper 2. I remember seeing the Ogmo image in your sig and him on the Jumper forums. Got 100% (he did too apparently) quite awhile ago. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways... if there's enough demand for it, I'll release an easier version of the game, but I doubt it will go through the whole thing.

DToE told me in real life he had trouble with the final part of 1-4 (first level with walljumping). There's two ways to do this:
- Wall jump from the right wall, then use the slam to get down to the ground immediately.
- Hold right after doing the wall jump from the right wall.
Trying to do a second wall jump off the left wall is impossible; you'll always hit one of the spikes.

Any levels you're stuck on: tell me and I'll do my best to make a replay for you.

#10 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:49 PM

Grrrr! This thing is impossible! icon_razz.gif I can't get past the second world (the fortress). I can't seem to do the slide jump wall jump. icon_sweat.gif But, this is a very good game. It has also made me want to try out this game maker. icon_wink.gif

#11 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:44 PM

http://happyman.250f...1completion.zip

Replay of me completing 2-1. Hope that helps. 2-1 is a hard level anyways for being so early in the game, so that should be good for those who get stuck on it. I'm surprised you were able to do the middle part, it's pretty tough. icon_razz.gif

To view it: Unzip that into the Blobbo's Adventure Folder, run the Replayer, select View Replay, and click on the file to see it.

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:36 PM

Wow, Happyman, this a pretty cool. The controls are okay, but you did a lot of cool stuff. I downloaded like 20 minutes ago and I am at level 2-1. icon_thumbsup.gif

That 2-1 Level is a toughy. My fingers are not that fast to switch the arrows, it is freakin hard. I hate that I got to the last part then die. Because now I can't do the middle part again. Grrr.. icon_smile.gif

#13 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, I beat it probably right after you got done posting that. icon_razz.gif Yes, that middle part is some pretty tough crap. I think I pretty much beat it from luck. icon_razz.gif I'm now in the sewers, and have found out that it is pretty hard. icon_razz.gif Again I'm stuck, but give me some more time before you feel the need to post the replay. I think I know what to do, it's just doing it that's the hard part. icon_razz.gif

#14 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:47 PM

If it's 3-2 you're stuck on, you might be on that for a little while. That is a pretty tough level. Gotta know how to do those walljumps. icon_wink.gif

#15 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:59 PM

I downloaded the game, and I must say I really like it.

I'm on level 4-1. It's becoming too hard. Yikes. icon_eek.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users