#17 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Feb 13 2012, 08:57 PM) View Post

That's cool

Please provide more content in your posts in the future. Just saying "that's cool" is substanceless posting, even if you do think that it is cool.

Anyway, this might be a nice minor revision to the set, but I've been pondering on tackling a GB Tileset project myself, because the big thing that bothers me about the selection we have is that the palettes are incorrect in a sense- rather than ripping them from a GBA emulator, it'd be really nice if we had the palettes with the colors of the GBC instead. The reason for this, you see, is because the colors for the games were designed to be seen on the GBC, and are annoyingly bright on a GBA.

#18 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

sweet
  • Lüt likes this

#19 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Update: I finished the new 2.5 enemies tiles (and moved all the other tiles down to make room for them). Here are a few screenshots.

The updated new items screen (minus the arrow ammo which is on another page):
IPB Image

These enemy tiles are in the CSet for the Bombchu. I wanted to know what you thought of their design:
IPB Image

Thanks to Ica44, I was able to get these tiles done:
IPB Image

I haven't added anything else yet, but I was planning on including Akkabus' expansion pack tiles so that this will be a complete tileset.

Edit: Here are the same images on ImageShack:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Lightwulf, 11 May 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(-DuCkTApE- @ Feb 14 2012, 12:22 PM) View Post
sweet
... icon_doh.gif

To quote the post above yours...
QUOTE(Prospekt @ Feb 13 2012, 10:43 PM) View Post
Please provide more content in your posts in the future. Just saying "[sweet]l" is substanceless posting, even if you do think that it is [sweet].
Okay so it's modified a bit, point being, these kinds of posts are unsightly, and nobody likes to look at them.

Anyways, looks pretty good Lightwulf, but if I can make a suggestion, if the pics are below the image size limits of 600x600, could you post the full-size ones instead of previews that link to a site that has the full-size image? Otherwise, it's kind of annoying having to open each link in a new tab...

#21 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Feb 14 2012, 10:38 PM) View Post

Anyways, looks pretty good Lightwulf, but if I can make a suggestion, if the pics are below the image size limits of 600x600, could you post the full-size ones instead of previews that link to a site that has the full-size image? Otherwise, it's kind of annoying having to open each link in a new tab...

Thanks!

You know, it kind of irks me. My fileshare site shrinks the photos if they're above 200 or 210 pixels wide. I haven't yet found an option to make it full size. I only noticed it when I made a support bar for my quest; that's why I had to make it shorter than other people's support bars.

I'll see what I can do, but I may be stuck with shrunken screenshots.

#22 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

IPB Image
It's fine...just copy the link address, or upload to Imageshack. it's a lot better.

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Try ImageShack or Photobucket, and when given a list of links, use the "Direct Link" that they give you. Or do what Jared said since he posted that while I was posting.

#24 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

I don't know if ImageShack is a good idea, either. Everybody here seems to use it, but it causes problems on my computer. Usually, it's either the picture loads, or it doesn't and I have to right-click it and hit "Show Picture". Apparantly, ImageShack pictures will appear shrunken and distorted to where I can't see what it's a picture of, and I have to refresh the entire page to try to fix them. Even then, that doesn't always work.

#25 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Please tell me that all grass or slashable combos will be slash->next with the appropriate slashed combo next to it. Please tell me that.

#26 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I looked into that. The thing is that all the different versions of tall grass tiles are next to each other.

I'm sure I can fix that, though; I just have to figure out which tall grass tiles go with which cut grass tiles.

#27 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

If that was fixed that would be so cool.

#28 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

How does it look so far? its been a while.

#29 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

I've had my computer time restricted recently, but before that, I was able to import all of the tiles in Akkabus' expansion pack and generate the first 2 pages of Link sprites (see the Link sprite pages in the default 2.5 classic tileset) - shieldless and small shield. It was kind of fun making the missing sprites.

However, the "charge" sprites threw me for a bit (for charging the sword). I checked Spriters Resource to see what tiles they had for LA and the Oracle games. It looked like Link's regular walking sprites with the sword in front.

Do you think I should stick with that or make it actually look like his arm is forward?

#30 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

you should make it with his arm forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users