Taking sprite requests

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#181 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 11 April 2022 - 06:10 PM

just small requests. I would like to have the GB water waves sides to make the impression that an island for example is surrended by waves. That, and i would like to have custom 2x2 statues like Angel Statues, Demon Statues, or more.

Also if it's possible, i would like to have the ruins sprites tiles but with vines, or making a custom version of the ruines tiles. If that one isn't possible, then i would like to try the GB version of the Wind Waker ocean or water tiles. 

#182 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2022 - 11:35 AM

hello long time listener first time caller. big, big fan!

i am after a couple of things, doesn't need to be done ASAP; i don't need any of it urgently. all GB-style stuff of course.

i also apologise in advance because this is going to be a metric ton of requests in the one post and i feel bad for requesting so much in one hit i'm sorry i just think your art style is amazing
  • a bunch of insectoid creatures; caterpillars, cocoons (these probably just need one animation cos they'd be standing still) and maybe some kind of stag beetle. these would be just be 1x1
  • bigger caterpillars with human heads. yeah that's right, it's body horror time. probably thinking 1x2 or 1x3 with these.
these ones i'm thinking are either 3x3 or 2x2. big boss types.
  • half witch half moth. i'm honestly thinking kind of like quelaag from dark souls, where it's a humanoid body on the rest of the insect. i also have these tiles for reference. colour scheme would be green.
  • a giant knight, no weapons. totally covered in armour. i'm thinking the black knight from monty python and the holy grail as reference. colour scheme would be red.
  • also said knight but it's a giant wolf. retains some of the armour from the knight phase.
  • and finally, an armoured four-legged beast; except that its backside is totally exposed. colour scheme would probably be blue.
even if you only do some of these i will appreciate it forever, thank u

Edited by Taco Chopper, 18 April 2022 - 11:38 AM.

#183 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 April 2022 - 01:45 PM

Here's beach corners:

043_water.png

I intend to do at least a large portion of the bug stuff at some point. For now, I threw together a quick edit of one frame of the Monarch Ascendant. The centaur look of the quelaag might be weird on a mothwoman...it doesn't seem like it would be very aerodynamic? The insect bottom half doesn't show super well here, but.

044_greaterrediga.png

Wouldn't a recolored Phantom Guardian already cover the armored knight?

#184 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 24 April 2022 - 12:43 AM

I intend to do at least a large portion of the bug stuff at some point. For now, I threw together a quick edit of one frame of the Monarch Ascendant. The centaur look of the quelaag might be weird on a mothwoman...it doesn't seem like it would be very aerodynamic? The insect bottom half doesn't show super well here, but.

unknown.png

yeah, i get what you're thinking about the lack of aerodynamics. i was thinking more along the lines of the concept of a second phase boss; sacrificing agility for pure power. fairly limited movement patterns in a 16x11 screen too means the boss can't be too huge. the damage output, and the player being able to telegraph the attacks, are what i'm thinking about for the chimera mothwoman beast haha

in saying that that sprite looks amazing so far, keep it up

Wouldn't a recolored Phantom Guardian already cover the armored knight?

possibly! i had the phantom guardian set up as an overworld mini-boss prior to that dungeon but now you've mentioned it, that part of the map is going to be almost too knight-themed if i was that way inclined. i might do a recolour and a bit of an edit to those sprites in that case

#185 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:12 PM

uXOTcWCh_o.png

Okay it's late but I did bugs. I might or might not edit the human head one at some point.

045_btmothgf.png

I'll also leave the full edit of the Monarch Ascendant here; you've already seen that one but I might as well post it publicly. Eventually I'll edit that onto the database version too.

• Taco Chopper, Aslion and Jenny like this

#186 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2022 - 08:54 AM

based and bugpilled

this is exactly what i hoped for

#187 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 01 June 2022 - 05:53 PM

Bumping this to note that I updated the Monarch Ascendant sheet officially. This involved some minor changes to the walk cycle, and a few changes to the original Monarch.

Also updated the Heroine to add the map frames I already drew a year ago. I threw in a walk-while-holding-sword-out animation for good measure.

I think my next project is gonna be a rito set. Here's my current set of NPCs, one of them will get a playersheet. I've definitely got somewhere I'm leaning this time, but feel free to post preferences!

046_rito.png

• Taco Chopper, Shane, Jared and 1 other like this

#188 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:40 AM

Say You can make smalls clouds for making a foggy screen ? (By using transparent layer.) It could be a smw clouds styles or a modified version of the gbc clouds from Zelda series such as LA or OOA/OOS. Also you can make a sprite of a custom heroine ? A blonde haired girl (with a tail hair and without the hood on her head.), and green and yellow (or orange) elf cloches and elf ears. I want to try something new.

#189 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 16 June 2022 - 01:06 PM

I'm not going to do the clouds. I don't use ZQuest and I don't deal with its palette structures, so making things that specifically look good with ZC's brand of transparency is on you. In any case, it sounds like you have places to start with.

Gonna give a 50/50 on doing the blonde elf eventually, but I don't see this as a very high priority either, sorry. You have options for a female elf protagonist; making a second full spritesheet that's blonde just doesn't seem super pressing to me!

#190 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 19 June 2022 - 10:13 AM

I updated the heroine again. I know nobody asked for diagonals, and in fact diagonals are completely unusable without an engine overhaul. But I did them anyway. (It also has some other assorted frames thrown in, and the old down slash was bothering me so I made a new version of that too.)

The rito should also be finished soonish! I have the essentials down, although there's some mid and low priority stuff I haven't made yet. I also have flying frames. A lot of flying frames.

Sometimes you do things just because you can.

#191 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 23 June 2022 - 02:52 PM

... i see... i suppose i won't ask then. I don't think i'll ever ask for a secondary character sprite then. Kinda too bad...

Although can i ask about a egyptian/desertic dungeons walls style ? it could have hylian symbols or not. Or i could ask about custom locked doors, shutters, and boss doors.

#192 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:15 PM

047_MCwalls.png

It is done. I started making ceiling textures too, GBC could use more of those (and honestly ceiling texture floors tend to look better than actual floor patterns). The ones on the bottom left aren't really compatible with the one on the right; I was going to do more for that second style, but I got bored and just ripped some patterns from Minish Cap instead. It's all three colors anyway.

048_MCfloors.png

• Sheik and Demonlink like this

#193 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 29 June 2022 - 01:22 PM

Interessing. I honestly didn't expected that. Thanks.

#194 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 01 July 2022 - 10:30 AM

Could you possibly make a snail NPC? Only needs to be facing one direction, nothing fancy.

32x16 would be cool if needed, I can imagine it might be hard to cram into 16x16? up to you though of course

Edited by Aslion, 01 July 2022 - 10:37 AM.

#195 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 01 July 2022 - 03:07 PM

049_porcsnail.png

Snail.

• Taco Chopper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users