New Feature for hosts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

I decided to give everybody a few extra tools for these project forums: The ability to make whole topics and individuals posts invisible, and of course to make them back to visible.

It's mainly an extra convenience: Let's say if you wanted to keep something hidden only to reveal later, or for more private work. Bear in mind though, that Global Moderators and Site Staff can still see any hidden topics and posts. Invisible topics will be highlighted in green on the forum index, and the first post will also be that color within the topic. Individual posts that you want hidden (without making the whole topic hidden, of course) will be highlighted in green within the topic. The tools for making a topic invisible are among the same topic moderation tools that you already have, in the lower left of the topic. The one for making individual posts invisible are in the lower right, after you check all the little green boxes for posts you want to make that way. Any questions, ask here.

#2 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

Good idea, but I found a problem already. If you check the topic Migo posted about his invisible forum, he gives the name of it. Now when you look and the QPF directory, the "newest post" box lists... that invisible topic. So, people may be able to see these invisible topics, or at least the titles, if the most recent post appeared in it.

...Do you get what I mean? Pretty bad explanation.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, that is a flaw with Invision Power Board, unfortunately. All you can really do to get around it is be careful with your topic titles. Fake names do the trick to that. Sometimes you just have to be creative to get around things.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

Awesome! Thanks for implanting it! This really makes it easier to discuss joint projects in secret.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Special thanks from me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users