Ballad of a Bloodline DX help thread

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

Thank you for the reports. I will fix these things as soon as I can.

The statue boomerang thing is now replaced with the regular triangular shaped boomerang thingy. It indeed didn't make a lot of sense.

In the original, the single goriya was the hint.

While this isn't so unexpectable, I wish I thought more on many of the rest of the triggers. Not necessarily having the same basic triggers like in 2001-2004's quests, just at least teach the player what is what specifically here and actually make it learnable, instead of one-time-use triggers and many exceptions.

Really, if I made BB in 2014 and onwards, I would have had this like this: a Goriya keeps throwing a boomerang at the statue and when the player throws it, the statue triggers and the Goriya is shown somewhat angry/frustrated that the player could do it for first.

My original idea was to have the Goriyas be an actual race, like Zoras or Gorons, not to have them only as monsters, exactly how I did with Subrosians from BBII onwards. But without this idea, the one trying to boomerang the statue better could have been some adventurer, especially a Zora, to follow with the plot of the area/dungeon.

By all means, I love what T_K did with BB.

• Twilight Knight and Russ like this

#17 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

I'm stuck trying to find level 2. I've paid for the clue and walked around bombing but still can't figure out where it is. I also can't figure out how to get the larger money bag in Goriya City. Tried everything I have in my inventory but nothing works. I have the feeling I need the ocarina to get it. I hope someone makes a Let's Play It video cause I know I would watch it.

Thanks in advance.

#18 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:22 PM

I'm stuck trying to find level 2. I've paid for the clue and walked around bombing but still can't figure out where it is. I also can't figure out how to get the larger money bag in Goriya City. Tried everything I have in my inventory but nothing works. I have the feeling I need the ocarina to get it. I hope someone makes a Let's Play It video cause I know I would watch it.

Thanks in advance.

You can't get that money bag. It's in the style of the first four BB quests (but not BBV) to tease the player this way.

L2 is at the southwest corner of the mountain overworld. All you need is a superbomb, use it on the chunky rock that blocks your way at the southeast and doesn't fit in the scene (for they are completely different looking mountain tiles).

#19 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for answering so fast CastChaos. I have superbombs so that's where I'm headed to hopefully today.

#20 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

Oh hey, a bunch of old names I recognize. Also congrats on getting this out and all. Is this better than the original? Because I remember getting stuck somewhere around level 2/3 and never getting beyond that point since I had lost interest.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#21 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

RfbW1vr.png

How do I get past the goron?

#22 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:57 PM

0NQqHCf.png

Whoa! When did Myra jump back into my inventory? :P

Just found that funny because she's absent at this point in the story. There was another weird story detail earlier where in the Glacier Sculptor fight they mentioned Portrait of Ruin possessing the painting, but that phase was gone from the remade boss, along with most of his dialogue.

RfbW1vr.png

How do I get past the goron?

If you go back to the Zora king and get the treasure from him there's an invisible trigger that makes the doors open.

Edited by Moosh, 18 November 2018 - 09:59 PM.

#23 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:26 AM

Oh hey, a bunch of old names I recognize. Also congrats on getting this out and all. Is this better than the original? Because I remember getting stuck somewhere around level 2/3 and never getting beyond that point since I had lost interest.

Whether it's better than the original is something subjective I suppose, but I do think it's easier to find your way in this version than the original.

0NQqHCf.png

Whoa! When did Myra jump back into my inventory? :P

Hmmm, that's not very consistent indeed. I wonder where that came from... Thank you though.

#24 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:32 AM

One thing I would suggest if you ever update this is ask someone to make a script where Myra can follow you and it can be turned on/off to fit the parts where she's not with you. It looks a little weird to have this still be the case in 2.5 that you can't see Myra outside of cutscenes.

#25 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:14 AM

Hey P-Tux7,

That was one of original ideas indeed, but it proved to be too complicated on a quest this scale. Now were the quest remade from scratch it would be easier, but then maybe I would have never finished it. ;-)

So in other words, no I won't implement that, I'm sorry. But it's a nice idea and I'd like to thank you for thinking along.

#26 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

I've beaten the quest now. As I've said before, I really liked it. Somehow I find this quest holds up better than most 2.10 quests, despite its flaws. I was a bit disappointed with the very end though, since T_K did such a great job remastering most of the bosses up to that point and the final 7 (counting final Vaati as 4 bosses instead of one really long one) got left untouched. Was there any particular reason for that?

#27 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

What am I missing in the Source of Flow dungeon?  I'm missing a key.  I also can't access the two rooms on the east first floor.  I tried to give the statue bait and boomerang but nothing works.  Help.

#28 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:11 PM

What am I missing in the Source of Flow dungeon?  I'm missing a key.  I also can't access the two rooms on the east first floor.  I tried to give the statue bait and boomerang but nothing works.  Help.

Have you taken the raft branch at the dark spot of water on the east side? And have you bombed the wall in the room past that?

#29 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

Have you taken the raft branch at the dark spot of water on the east side? And have you bombed the wall in the room past that?

Yes, I've bombed all areas of the walls in the north room past the raft.  I've bombed the wall statue also.  It must be a bug.  I also can't access the south middle two rooms on the 2nd floor.

Edited by sctmorgan, 20 November 2018 - 06:14 PM.

#30 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

Hey everyone.

Today it's exactly 10 years ago since the original Ballad of a Bloodline was released. I was working on a deluxe version for CastChaos (he's the original author) for quite some time. Though the quest was finished several months ago already, I decided to wait untill this special date.

Now I submitted this to the purezc database, but I guess it could take a little bit untill it's released. In the meantime you could pick it up at my website if you can't wait: http://twccgaming.com/quests

You can use this topic for any questions or feedback about the quest. Of course you can also send me a private message if that suits you better.

I hope you will enjoy the quest!

Hello TK. Would you mind sparing us a few moments to review this thread, and respond?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users