things for ZC/ZQ 3.0

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#16 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

The point Gleeok is probably trying to make is that he hates feature request threads since as a developer he needs to read each and every damn post and half of them aren't going to be needed. Plus him and other devs worked very, and I do me very hard on making ZScript a reality so people would stop asking for so many features all the time. Yet here we all doing it again. icon_sweat.gif

P.S. I have a brain injury, and have mastered ZScript. If I can do it. So can you. ^_^

Zelda Classic ALWAYS will be nothing more than a Legend of Zelda clone with a fancy editor, and some of us have seem to forgotten what that means. So please I beg you, before the ZC Devs get pissed and choose to quit production stop requesting LTTP, GB ZELDA, and MC features

Did I just chastise everybody on the forum? icon_heh.gif
Umm... Yeah Back on topic.

1) I would like to see user defined palettes where you specify the number of CSets as well as which ones are constant and how many colors are in a cset. Note the number of colors is global and will need to be a constant. Graphics will need to be 16bit if we cannot have 32bit. And of course True Color would also be a per-tile-basis where all colors can be selected not just those available in the palette. icon_bounce.gif

2) Two more global script slots for subscreens and maps. The active subscreen and built in map functions pause script execution. Cool story: I once wrote a really awesome item wheel script once; the result, und oufot it's not possible to make it run while active subscreen is down so I pretty much wasted my time. icon_sweat.gif

3) DMap Script Slots. Self explanatory, this would be freaking wonderful. Imagine the possibilities.

4) An easier method of event handling would be nice too.

#17 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

i know i started the topic but now i want to post.i would like custom Csets

#18 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

What I'd love to see is custom classes and objects in ZScript.

Separate but related: EWeapons and LWeapons combined into one class with flags for hurting enemies and Link.

#19 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

That united weapon class might actually be passible. Some weapons already are united in fact, the reflected types.

#20 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

id like to see more playable characters like in Majoras Mask where you can play as a Zora or Goron its my favorite Zelda game because of this.Might be able to script this but if you could change link tiles it would be easier.

#21 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

good idea.also i have a new idea,an item combiner,it would let you combine items(like the speed boots with bombs,making a bomb explosion trail behind you,or fire boomerang with the bow,making a super strong and fast fire boomerang that sometimes drops damaging sparkles and comes back and could be used again)

#22 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

what tox_von(writing a function that deals with giving link tiles depending on direction movement ect is trivial and not that time-consuming) and what coolgamer012345 said is actually possible already with scripts and also pretty easy

#23 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(King Harkinian @ Feb 4 2013, 05:49 AM) View Post

bigger enemies

Agreed, it is possible to make bigger enemies using simple tricks/scripts, but it would be nice to just be able to choose "2x2 tiles enemy" in a dropdown box and have the program do the rest.

#24 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

exactly,in version 3.0 they need to get rid of the need for most scripts.(but still allow for them).

#25 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

The problem is, since scripting can do just about anything, to get rid of the need for most scripts, you'd need to make ZC do just about anything out of the box, which is pretty much impossible.

#26 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Seriously. Am I agreeing with Russ twice in one day?

Because that's the whole point of scripts. ZC has laid out pretty much all the basics and more for everyone's use by default, and it's not like it's hard for a lot of people here to script in what they need. And to implement everything that everyone here wants, well... If the devs could get inside the heads of every single user of ZC in the first place, a new version that makes everyone happy would never come out. If you want anything more that scripting alone can't solve in ZC right now, you need to go beyond using ZC to make a game. Hell, that's my plan in the eventual future.

#27 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I agree, but some of the most popular scripts could be implemented in ZC 3. Not every single script that anyone can think of, of course... just the most basic ones that many people use.

Don't get me wrong, ZC 2.5 is a fantastic program and if there never was another version I wouldn't mind. But since a ZC 3 is (or will be) in the works, we can list things that we think could be improved/made easier, and the developers can use the ideas they find worthy.

#28 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

good point,like put in the most popular scripts,like the pushing wand,or sign script

#29 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Technically, what you're saying, coolgamernumbers, is that scripting should be made available to anyone, in such a way that if a person wants to extend ZC's functionality, all they have to do is hop on over to their local script depository, pick out something nice, take it on home, load it up, and activate it properly, and bam, new functionality.

It's pretty much what we have now. The more time passes, the more scripts will be publicly available for people to use in their quests. Anyone can write a script as well.

The important thing is that they be kept up to date.

#30 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(coolgamer012345 @ Feb 5 2013, 06:19 PM) View Post

good point,like put in the most popular scripts,like the pushing wand,or sign script

I don't like this idea at all. We script writers invest hours and sometimes days into our scripts. And I'll rather not see the developers create a built in versions making them defunct and pointless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users