Team Fortress 2

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Smiles the Death Bringer

Smiles the Death Bringer

The smiling demon!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

I looked around and I noticed that no one made a thread about Team Fortress 2.
Does anyone here play it?

If so share some interesting stories about it!

Here's one that happened to me shortly after I got the game:
I was playing payload and tried using the medic for the first time, I had no idea what weapon I used to heal so I started shooting a nearby engineer with the syringe gun thinking I was healing him, when suddenly he dropped dead and turned in to a blue spy...

Medic is also my favorite Class in TF2

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

I play it occasionally; same username as here.

I'm sure a lot of interesting things have happened to me in TF2, but at the moment none come to mind.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

I have played it, but not in months. I guess I am not into first person shooters as much as I used to be, especially on multiplayer, as I always get my ass kicked by people who play it 100 times more often than I do.

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I just posted about this, didn't I...?

I recently started playing this game regularly agian. I like to play a couple of rounds sometimes in the evenings if I have nothing better to do. I'm not terribly great at the game, although I can usually hold my own. My favorite class is Demoman, although I play Pyro quite a lot too.

Probably the best thing that happened was when someone I know got lost and somehow managed to lock himself in a room. I still don't know how that happened. He kept pleading over voice chat for someone to help him get out. I'm pretty sure he was really, really high.

Oh, and there was that one time I played with Migokalle/Ebola Zaire/Alison/a couple other people I know and we all switched to melee Heavy and kept boxing each other. That was great. Until Migokalle kept bringing out his minigun and cheating, the jerk. icon_frown.gif

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I go on and off with it, either insanely obsessed with it, or I won't touch it for weeks. I've still clocked over 200 hours at this point, and I started playing in June, so that does sort of say something. Mostly been playing Scout, Soldier, and Engineer lately. Sometimes I'll play Pyro, Sniper, or Demoman, but it's becoming more and more rare. Pyro used to be my best, but I think Soldier is taking over that, but I'd much rather Scout be my best.

Most of the times I can't remember my best moments because most servers I end up doing my best on tend to have replays disabled, but the other day, using the Soda Popper and Sandman (with my background music, Green Onions) I took out 4 people and captured a control point. Felt good, man. Also, most of my best moments tend to be when to be whenever I'm drinking. Not enough to even get buzzed, but enough to warm me up and loosen my nerves.

#6 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

I play it once and a while! My steam account name is trucky5, and my ingame name is Korg63. Add me. I usually play as the sniper, but I also play medic, scout, and spy once and a while.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(Rambly @ Mar 17 2012, 12:54 PM) View Post
Oh, and there was that one time I played with Migokalle/Ebola Zaire/Alison/a couple other people I know and we all switched to melee Heavy and kept boxing each other. That was great. Until Migokalle kept bringing out his minigun and cheating, the jerk. icon_frown.gif
Robin sucks at TF2 and all video games, it's because in Norway the water drains upside-down (I think) and that means that he has to play upside-down or he can't connect to American game servers.

The best/worst thing in recent memory was that time we (you/me/Alison/Hubydweyer/maybe Rover) decided to play arena and we got everyone on the team to play as Medic, then we were completely annihilated by the other team.

I've gotten back into the game recently and I've been mainly playing as Demoman, Pyro, and Scout. Also been hitting Medic and Heavy a bit since I'm normally playing with my roommate or the ! crew.

#8 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

I play all the time. icon_awesome.gif I started just a bit after the free-to-play update last year but I've spent $1.97 on various items, so I'm not technically F2P. I also technically paid for it when I bought the Orange Box for the sake of Half Life 2.

Medic is my best class. One time, I survived 11 minutes and deployed 7 ubercharges. On average (when I don't get killed right out of spawn), I can deploy one or two ubercharges per life. My typical loadout is Stock Medigun + Overdose + Ubersaw.

Engineer is my next best on pubs. I typically play with either the Jag or Gunslinger + Widowmaker + Pistol. I rarely, if ever, camp by my sentries because I have more gun than that.

Soldier is my next best class in more serious games. I play Stock + Equalizer.

Scout, Pyro, and Demoman are secondaries for me. My typical loadouts:
Scout: Stock (with Lugermorph and Holy Mackerel for the flavor)
Pyro: Degreaser, Stock Shotgun/Flare Gun, Axtinguisher
Demoman: Stock Grenade Launcher, Sticky Jumper, Ullapool Caber (Fly across the map and Ullapool unsuspecting Snipers)

Spy is fun, but I'm not very good at him.

I find Heavy rather boring to play as unless I'm completely screwing around. (e.g. boxing, Pootis)
My worst class is Sniper. I prefer getting up in your face, even as an Engineer.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Sure, sure- loadouts!

Scout: Completely vanilla. I'm batman.
Soldier: Strange Liberty Launcher, Strange Shotgun, Equalizer
Pyro: Degreaser, Strange Shotgun/Flare Gun, Strange Axtinguisher/Homewrecker
Demo: Vanilla Grenade Launcher, Splendid Screen, Nessie's Nine Iron
Heavy: Iron Kurtain, Buffalo Steak Sandvich, Holiday Punch
Engie: Pomson 6000, Pistol, Gunslinger
Medic: Blutsauger, Quick Fix, Amputator
Sniper: Huntsman, Jarate, Strange Bushwacka
Spy: L'etranger, Black Rose, Enthusiast's Timepiece

Yep. That's about right.

Also trying to make the douchiest Scout ever: Backwards Ballcap, Fast Learner, and Summer Shades. Just need dat Fast Learner. Which incidentally reminds me of my best moment ever- heckling heavies/medics and soldiers so hard as Scout that they couldn't even get the first control point, and I didn't die once the entire match.

#10 Smiles the Death Bringer

Smiles the Death Bringer

The smiling demon!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

May as well say my load out for my two favorite classes:

Medic: Blutsauger, Kritskreig, and Stock Bonesaw
Engineer: The Widowmaker, Stock Pistol, Jag
(Yes Engie's load out is the same as Beefsters)

Also my longest life was a little over 7 minutes with the Engineer
And the most points I got was 24 with the Medic

Edited by Ovasity, 19 March 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#11 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Ovasity @ Mar 19 2012, 05:56 AM) View Post
Also my longest life was a little over 7 minutes with the Engineer
And the most points I got was 24 with the Medic
Medic points are pretty easy. I got 27 points on that life with 7 ubercharges. I think I only had 3 kills that life, but I had 20-something assists, lots of extinguishings and the 7 ubers (which score points IIRC).

I got 24 points as spy once... but it doesn't really count because that was mostly against bots.

QUOTE(Prospekt)
Heavy: Iron Kurtain, Buffalo Steak Sandvich, Holiday Punch
Yes! The Holiday Punch is hilarious. Totally worth sacrificing my GRU for a HP because of the recent Sandvich nerf.

#12 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I play TF2 a little, I'm probably best with Pyro or Heavy. I'm not really into the whole trading thing even though I really should be if I play it. My only hat is the Ghastly Gibus because I'm a free to play idiot;

Also my screen name is Rover (cpt. salty) if you want to join me and my friends for whatever reason.

Edited by Rover, 19 March 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#13 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Teen Fortress is a pretty fun Video Game. Here are some tips! icon_biggrin.gif
  • if your on fire, junp into the water
  • dont shoot yourself with rockets!
  • stand in front of the payload cart and it pushes you xd

Anyway my favorite class is Spy, though I'm probably best as Pyro. I like playing Demoman and Medic a lot too, though I play as everyone once in a while. As for loadouts:
  • Pyro: Degreaser, Reserve Shooter, Strange Axtinguisher
  • Spy: Strange Knife, Ambassador, normal Watch
  • Demoman: Loch N' Load, HHHH, Splendid Screen
  • Sniper: Huntsman, Jarate, Bushwacka
  • Soldier: Strange Black Box (named Squarepusher)<3, Gunboats, Equalizer
  • Engineer: Frontier Justice, Jag, Pistol
  • Heavy: Minigun, Sandvich, GRU
  • Medic: Quick Fix (superior in every way deal with it), Blutsuager, Ubersaw
  • Scout: dunno don't care
the people i play with already mentioned they play with me or whatever and shared All The Good Times © and stuff so yeah~

anyway my steam name is [SDExaEels&!G] Yargzz if ya wanna add me or whatever

wow!

#14 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I have an offensive and defensive loadout for some classes, but not for all classes

Scout: Soda Popper, Force A Nature, The Winger, The Atomizer
Soldier: Liberty Launcher, Righteous Bison, Equalizer
Pyro: The Backburner, The Degreaser, The Flare Gun, The Homewrecker, The Axtinguisher
Demoman: The Loch N Load, Stickybomb Launcher, Ullapool Caber
Heavy: Tomislav, Vintage Sandvich, Strange Fists
Engineer: Shotgun, Pistol, Jag, The Gunslinger
Medic: Blutsauger, Medi-gun, Solemn Vow
Sniper: Sniper Rifle, The Huntsman, Jarate, Darwin's Danger Shield, Tribalman's Shiv
Spy: Knife, Ambassador (named "Le Resistance"), Cloak and Dagger

My favorite classes are Pyro, Demoman, and engineer

Edited by Hubydweyer, 19 March 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#15 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I play TF2 semi competitively and I've been playing it since 2008. I play Medic as my main, but only when I feel the team is either incompetent and needs help, or if I have a good person I'm healing. I originally started on the Xbox 360, I moved over to the PC sometime around 2009. Although I play Medic as my main, I'm also very good with the Sniper, Pyro (Degreaser+Postal Pumbler+Man Melter) and Engy, Soldier.
Here are a few videos of me playing:
Instagib Style
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0C11Hy6X80U

Moar Sniping, not instagib.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ld2VPFtN008

Playing Medic as my main.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Cr0XuTA_O6g

Please check out my screenies!
http://steamcommunit...zz/screenshots/

--------------
Maps I've made:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sFVEFWpKFvc