Latest Demo now being uploaded.*

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

I got to the fruit bat dungeon but I don't feel like playing much  more. The dungeon is pretty long and repetitive. There's some bugs in general. Like you usually can only turn into the Princess and not back to Link. I got perma stuck in a fairy fountain. Those stairs are still over Link's head. Some warps are messed up and clearly lead to the wrong place. In the cut scene where the princess is making the bridge, you can exit and end up in wrong places. In the maze room in the tower, you can exit and end up in black spaces. There's a good many bugs is what I am saying.

The graphics were cool though and I liked the use of keys.

-Strike

#32 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

I got to the fruit bat dungeon but I don't feel like playing much  more. The dungeon is pretty long and repetitive. There's some bugs in general. Like you usually can only turn into the Princess and not back to Link. I got perma stuck in a fairy fountain. Those stairs are still over Link's head. Some warps are messed up and clearly lead to the wrong place. In the cut scene where the princess is making the bridge, you can exit and end up in wrong places. In the maze room in the tower, you can exit and end up in black spaces. There's a good many bugs is what I am saying.

The graphics were cool though and I liked the use of keys.

-Strike

i will try and find all these bugs you keep mentioning.  How exactly are you leaving the screens?  Can you show me a Video of you pointing outs all the bugs? i have no clue where you are finding these

-leave screen bugs from.  

1. Also Each dungeon you must find the 'Mermaid Scale' and the Bow and arrow tile on the floor leads to a green staircase. Magical tools in the dungeon are used to find the Mermaid-Scale.

2. The Masterkey is to be found through Underwater places, tunnel vaults next.   That is the pattern how you beat the Mystical-harps dungeons one after another with different themes and traps and obstacles.

Don't convert MP3s to OGGs.

They're both lossy compression formats - that is, they throw away chunks of audio data during their compression process to generate smaller overall filesizes at the expense of sound quality. The problem is, MP3 and OGG use different methods of throwing that data away, meaning they each throw away different parts of the sound file. So if you transcode between lossy formats, you're doing double damage. It's the audio equivalent of converting a JPG to a GIF, or the other way around. And that's assuming high bitrates - i.e. 256kbps+. Anything less already carries enough inherent damage, particularly in MP3 format, and transcoding below that point is just needlessly wrecking your sound quality.

If your audio source is a WAV file, or another lossless format like FLAC, APE or ALAC, you're OK to convert either of those to MP3 or OGG. But if your audio source is already MP3, you're stuck with MP3s, unless you genuinely don't care about sound quality. Most of your MP3s are 160kbps, with 128 and 192 being the next most common, and only a few being higher quality than that. The MP3 flange is already significantly present in most of the files, and converting to another format with an even lower bitrate is going to trash them fairly well. The balance between quality and size is your call, but at the very least, perhaps offer both options in case there actually are a few people who care more about file size than sound quality. It's not like mediafire's costing money to host files, after all.

Oks, .. i will keep this in mind, thank you very very much for telling me all this.*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 22 May 2017 - 03:50 PM.

#33 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

On the maze path screens, if you exit to the south you are in emptiness. On the Bridge building screen, exit to the north to get into weird layer areas. PM me if that is not specific enough. Also the messed up fairy fountain was to the east of the entrance to Harpian Fields I think.

The dungeons were fine. It just wasn't my style honestly, no offense.

-Strike

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#34 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

On the maze path screens, if you exit to the south you are in emptiness. On the Bridge building screen, exit to the north to get into weird layer areas. PM me if that is not specific enough. Also the messed up fairy fountain was to the east of the entrance to Harpian Fields I think.

The dungeons were fine. It just wasn't my style honestly, no offense.

-Strike

Could you snap pictures to show me, some i dont know which areas exactly.  

Also the dungeons are solvable and also i may have to put in some info tips, if solving the dungeon deems difficult at first.

Anyways, i hope you didn't miss out on the underwater parts of the dungeon.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 22 May 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#35 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

There's not a lot to show since it is just black screens.

Here's the three big ones I found, getting out of bounds:

-On the opening overworld, the second to last bridge leading to the mermaid. The bridge before the one that leads directly to the mermaid. On the screen with the southern end of that bridge, on the right side of the screen a palm tree is not solid. You can walk through it and get out of bounds.

-While Princess Ariana is making the bridge for her and Link to move across, in that cut scene type thing, if you exit to the north, you will get in a place you are not suppose to be in.

-In the big tower which eventually leads to the realm of the mermaids, there are maze paths. If you exit to the south in any of the maze paths besides the first one, you come out in darkness.

I'm not really sure how I can be more specific.

-Strike

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure I sadly did miss out on the underwater parts. I'm not sure if they were working. I just drowned on the screens with tridents on them, trying to enter the water. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Edited by strike, 22 May 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#36 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

There's not a lot to show since it is just black screens.

Here's the three big ones I found, getting out of bounds:

-On the opening overworld, the second to last bridge leading to the mermaid. The bridge before the one that leads directly to the mermaid. On the screen with the southern end of that bridge, on the right side of the screen a palm tree is not solid. You can walk through it and get out of bounds.

-While Princess Ariana is making the bridge for her and Link to move across, in that cut scene type thing, if you exit to the north, you will get in a place you are not suppose to be in.

-In the big tower which eventually leads to the realm of the mermaids, there are maze paths. If you exit to the south in any of the maze paths besides the first one, you come out in darkness.

I'm not really sure how I can be more specific.

-Strike

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure I sadly did miss out on the underwater parts. I'm not sure if they were working. I just drowned on the screens with tridents on them, trying to enter the water. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Oks, i will look into these issues, Thank yous.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 22 May 2017 - 04:09 PM.

• strike likes this

#37 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:01 AM

http://www.mediafire... (T.L.O.Z.).qst 

Lastest fixes, mostly the stairways and the bridges up to the mountain areas close to the first dungeon. 

The upload file is also now on my projects page, just not where the usual demo is found at because of .qst loading issues am havings.  

http://www.mediafire... (T.L.O.Z.).zip  - all mp3s

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 29 May 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#38 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

I don't had troubles untill the dungeon, but now i'm not sure if i'm not doing the right things or if there something wrong, i cannot find the rooms where Arianna may dive, but i liked play it so far, i hope you will continue to work on this project, it have a great potential !

Maybe  the only part i don't liked was that long road  between the place where Arianna save Link and the mermaid palace, there a lot of screens that look the same and are without foes and is a bit too long, maybe add some traps, or few riddles. 

A thing that stun me is how may become long this game once will be complete it, you decided how many dungeon you want make ?

#39 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

I am Constantly uploading the .qst file to fix odd errors and update problems or glitches with the demo. 

So always make sure you download the Latest Quest file So you don't get all the errors that were in the beta demo releases guys.*

(Ams trying to makes the demo run smoothly.)

Armos - tiles Glitch Now fixed in Quest download on main project page.*

I don't had troubles untill the dungeon, but now i'm not sure if i'm not doing the right things or if there something wrong, i cannot find the rooms where Arianna may dive, but i liked play it so far, i hope you will continue to work on this project, it have a great potential !

Maybe  the only part i don't liked was that long road  between the place where Arianna save Link and the mermaid palace, there a lot of screens that look the same and are without foes and is a bit too long, maybe add some traps, or few riddles. 

A thing that stun me is how may become long this game once will be complete it, you decided how many dungeon you want make ?

You have to get the Bow and Arrow from the Top-left Bat's Wing and top left bat's Ear-tips.

Then You must use those 'to enter a room in the mid section of the left wing' downstairs,  where you see a bow and arrow tile on the floor with a one blue eyed statue. Shoot the statue, enter the green stairs and get the scale inside the green staircase after defeating the enemies. 

Once you have the scale,  Search for Tiles that have a Trident Symbol on the Floors, and swim and dive into whirlpools.

Those are Areas where the Mermaid can swim and dive and enter only, .. Link cannot.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 29 May 2017 - 05:19 PM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#40 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

thanks for the tips, i take the harp and now i'm  exploring a bit the world, i cross the harpian fields, and i'm in the Aquas Waves, if there not other dungeons i will quit for now untill the next demo.

#41 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

thanks for the tips, i take the harp and now i'm  exploring a bit the world, i cross the harpian fields, and i'm in the Aquas Waves, if there not other dungeons i will quit for now untill the next demo.

Mkz.* The next demo will be two more new dungeons mostly. Level-2 Dolphins Tidalwave and Level-3 Cheetas Caverns.

• Shane and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#42 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Level-2 and Level-3 just abouts finished.* Dungeons being re-checked for odd glitches.'

Possibly i will upload an update tonights.*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 June 2017 - 09:14 PM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users