Photo

Screenshot of the Week 115

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 115 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 115

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:37 PM

this is the one and only time I've ever said this for a screenshot: Freedom: HOLY ****! O_o (and its the f word I used)

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 12 March 2006 - 11:37 PM.

#17 bastian

bastian

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:56 AM

Here's the deal:

If this contest were bassed on which screenshot makes me wanna play the game, it would go to Sylph hands down. That screen shot makes me really wanna play the game. Or ZC-Ninja, for SDII nostalgia. icon_smile.gif

But no, my vote goes to Freedom, because YOWZERS that's good design using complex tiles. But Linkus and Rex's screens are close seconds.

#18 attaxofdoom

attaxofdoom

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:20 AM

Freedom: Excellant shot. Maybe i'm just patial to winter scenes, but i thoroughly enjoy it. It has a lot going on; detail and such, and that's what I generally look for. The only thing I find inconsistant is the hue of shading on your background versus the roof of the inn. It really detracts from the overall consistency of the shot.

Linkus Mastii, Slyph, XdragonSB: Nice, but....it lacks imagination somewhat.

Rex Zemenheart: Simplicity is underrated! Nice animation! You deserve more than you're given for this.

ZC-Ninja: Really creative, in my opinion. It deserves more recognition. I can't really put my finger on what's missing, though.....maybe it's not missing anything?

#19 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

Freedom : Nothing to say , it's excellent !
Linkus Mastii : And the subscreen ??
Rex Zemenheart : Great but no character or anything else...
Sylph : Classic I think ... always the triforce icon_razz.gif
XdragonSB : Yes but I think some details can be better.
ZC-Ninja : I don't like the character but I love the hearts !

#20 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

ZC-Ninja gets my shot for his pixilated eyes, greet shots guys!

#21 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Ha! I figured out waht's lacking in my shot.

1. Mountain tiles--maybe the screen is too flat. I'll see if I can make some really good dirt mountains, then rocky mountains will come next. The only problem will be making diagonals, which will take me some precious time.

2. Link(or other main character)
Of course, seeing the main character would definitely be nice, wouldn't it?

3.Frames & Subscreen Background
That would work considerably, along with color change from black to a dark color. Frames would be nice, of course!

4. More Variety
Sigh... That'll be quite some work. A LOT of work.

5. Another tree?
Not sure. Maybe yes, maybe no... If there is, It'll be the size of a LTTP tree.

6. Animals
Quests lack things like this. A few birds would've been perfect on top of one of those houses. More sprites? Definitely!

7. Where's the water?
Agh, I do not like making water. I've always had trouble with it; The kind of water I would like is very flowing, very animated, and somewhat clear. Tiles of vast blueness does not cut it for me; It's just too plain. >_<

Please, I hope this doesn't affect anything. However, self-crticism is the best way of doing better; just how much better is at stake. Also, I'm open to those who want to comment anything I've said above. My next ideas on this tileset depend on the public for now.

#22 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Linkus, for mountains (if you havent already made them) do you want to use mine? I dont know why, but I kinda want to see my mountains with those trees and such...

The thing about the Wall dude is that I dont have any program but paint to resize my images, and when I ripped him, he came double the size... I havent bothered to change it, as it actually does help make him look more like a "wall". Getting the eyes shaded was annoying as hell though, and I ended up dropping about 3 hues...

#23 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

I nulled.
They're all good, but nothing really stands out as the best.

#24 fenoxfrost

fenoxfrost

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:09 AM

Freedom, I found some really nice falling snow in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GameBoy Advance. I do intend on ripping the snow but I just have not had the chance to do so. Just thought you might like to check it out.icon_wink.gif

Edited by fenoxfrost, 15 March 2006 - 08:11 AM.

#25 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the info, but I don't have that rom.

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:13 PM

Wow...

Freedom's is awesome... Thiugh, Robinhood strangely resembles Link in a way icon_razz.gif I do like those cliff tiles. Are those actually from MC since I forget, or did you draw them?

Linkus Mastii, this is nice shot. I gotta give you props because it looks like you sprited everything but some of the people. The only thing I would add are some different dirt details.

Rex, you suck, stop entering...

Sylph, thats's an okay shot I guess, but it is nothing special. I always though that doing what you did with the walls like that looked awkward, but hey, it's your quest icon_razz.gif

Xdragon. I can't really complain here. Okay, I lied. There are a few things though. Whats up with those semi-circle things? If you can, you may want to add an upper diagonal wall tile where you use a lower one. It wouldn't hurt to put some pots down, or mix up the floor tiles a bit...

ZC-Ninja, this shot is aweseome. The only thing is, you may want to go over those tiles and make them a bit smother since they do lookd really wierd icon_razz.gif This is a cool shot though. It looks like an original, and creative boss, which is why it gets my vote icon_smile.gif

#27 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:14 AM

Freedom wins this week's SotW. congrats

SotW 116 will start tomorrow. I have three submissions, and more is appreciated

#28 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

Freedom and Zc ninja freedom: like the snowy things zc ninja: like the boss!

#29 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(sci @ Mar 30 2006, 06:15 PM)
Freedom and Zc ninja freedom: like the snowy things zc ninja: like the boss!

View Post

Youre kinda late...

#30 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

I guess So However it never hurts to Post you own opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users