Change DMaps with Warps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NikoPalad67140

NikoPalad67140

• Members

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:43 AM

Hey guys!

As I mentioned earlier, I want to make a quest while playing with different CSets to create landscapes, like CSet 2 for plains (Hyrule Fields) and CSet 0 for a snowy mountain (Namut Peak). Here is the link to the topic:

https://www.purezc.n...82#entry1057331

I will use one Cset per DMap and I'm using ZQuest 2.55. That's why I ask you : how can I change DMaps using Warp Points, for example after clearing a dungeon?

Edited by NikoPalad67140, 13 October 2020 - 06:50 AM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:45 AM

Generally when stitching your overworld areas together, you'd use side warps (Screen->Side Warp). These are up to 4 warps that are triggered when you scroll off one of the four sides of the screen. Here's one such warp in LQftH2 which uses a segmented overworld with multiple different area palettes:

REMMXCd.png

The four boxes in the middle correspond to the directions that are active and which warps they're associated with, in this case only one going to the left using Warp A. Since this is an overworld warp it uses the Scrolling Warp type which imitates regular scrolling behavior between two screens. Beneath the warp type is the DMap it leads to and the screen within that DMap. You can hit Go to test if your warp is linked to the correct screen (handy if you get into DMaps with screen offsets).

The DMaps themselves are set up in the DMap editor (Quest->DMaps). The most important tabs there are the Mechanics tab where you set the map number and continue point, the Appearance tab where you set what palette it will display (under Color), and the Music tab where you set what music to play.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "after clearing a dungeon" but assuming you mean when exiting via triforce, that also uses side warps. In this case it uses side warp A and you just use the Insta-Warp with Zap Effect warp type instead of a scrolling warp.

#3 NikoPalad67140

NikoPalad67140

• Members

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:56 AM

Okay, thanks. If I understood right, I have to use Side Warp to warp Link from one DMap to another, is that it?

• Bagu likes this

#4 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:32 AM

Sidewarps are especially useful if you want to warp between different DMaps, which use the same map (for examle, different overworld areas).
...doors, stairs and other tilewarps are mostly used to enter houses, dungeons etc (warp to interior/dungeon DMaps)

Edited by Bagu, 15 October 2020 - 07:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users