Animated BS Doors (shutters, locked)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:07 PM

I'm making a quest and I can't figure out how to make the doors animate when they open or close. I'm using BS type graphics.

#2 nyrox

nyrox

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:53 PM

i think have already a script for that in the data base

• Lightwulf and Bagu like this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 October 2020 - 01:39 AM

Older quests used combo cycling for this, but with a few limitations. Every time you enter the screen after unlocking the door it will play the full unlock animation again. I know DoR has some doors with animations set up by default, and you can find them starting on combo page 186. Those doors use a single combo for the whole cycling animation, which I don't personally recommend in most cases, opting instead to use one combo per frame of the animation. For something limited like an opening door I don't know if that'd be necessary. But yeah, this method should work just fine and I did a test to confirm NES door sets can indeed do combo cycling. I wonder why I haven't seen any older quests try this.

The more modern approach is to just use a script. I wrote one just for this. The combo setup for animated doors can be a bit tedious to start with but afterwards you can just copy the ffcs.

https://www.purezc.n...=scripts&id=290

• ShadowTiger and Lightwulf like this

#4 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 06 October 2020 - 06:12 PM

I did find a post on the combo cycling method and got that working, but it has that problem with locked doors.... https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=54125 I guess I'll need to learn how to use the scripts, I just looked at it, and was really confused...
  • Lightwulf and Bagu like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users