Photo

SticksAndStones.qst -- 3/2015 demo

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

sas1k.png

as of March 25th, 2015, Sticks And Stones is still in production. it is currently available as a recently updated demo that features the first half or so of the game. please make sure you have the 3/2015 demo. once this thing is completed, I intend to submit this project to the database as an unpassworded quest and as a tileset. the music was made by anikom15 and peteandwally.

64_np8d2n.png

this quest most likely works fine in any "stable" version of Zelda Classic except 2.1s, so feel free to try it in any/each.
the demo should only take eighty minutes to play through, assuming you have played through The Legend Of Zelda before. please try it.

64_np8d1e.jpg

I tested the last demo in Zelda Classic 2.50s and it plays a little bit differently than it does with 1.90 (with which it is being developed), but it still works. I will try to keep it relatively compatible with the latest builds, but if you are looking for the fully immersive experience, play this with Zelda Classic 1.90. I would be very appreciative of any compatibility issue/bug/glitch/error reports and any reviews, comments, critiques, criticisms, questions and the likes. please play this demo and leave me some feedback at the end of this thread, in chat, by email, on faceybooky or through private messaging.

64_np8d3b.png

here is the file* that you will need:
SticksAndStonesMarch2013demo.qst
the link works as of March 25th, 2015.

*the game is free. I don't profit from it and, by downloading, you agree not to, either. any perceived outside trademark is parodied or unintentional. if you have a problem with the game, don't download it and/or delete it from your computer. any possible adverse effects to your computer (and the systems networked with it) that may be the result of downloading and executing the file are your risks that are to be remedied at nobody's expense beyond your own.

here is a link to the program this game is designed to run in:
ZeldaClassic1.90

here is a link to the quest project page:  Sticks And Stones

Edited by trudatman, 31 May 2015 - 03:41 PM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

Good GOD.

This is the sexiest thing since sex.

If you don't finish this sick sucker I will come to your house and break you.

(My favorite part is the health bar. icon_lol.gif )

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

Holy crap, that's an awesome graphical style! That's totally amazing. Simple, but effective. I dig it!

#4 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

I hope you guys are kidding. but, yeah; it does have a level of awesome in its wackness. I'm not one to abandon projects that progress well and this is coming along nicely. I plan to work on this when I want to do questbuilding and my partner for Pastel Zelda isn't around. I have many times considered using a stick for the first sword, but it is almost too appropriate in this. the sword upgrade will be a metal bar. swordwork is fine, but there is nothing quite as satisfying as beating a bunch of bees to death with a stick. demo by April's first.

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

Oh yeah. This is gonna be good. Reminds me a bit of Atari...

#6 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

I would say that it is not a coincidence that the 2600 has been plugged in for a few days.

#7 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(trudatman @ Mar 2 2011, 07:48 AM) View Post

I would say that it is not a coincidence that the 2600 has been plugged in for a few days.

Called it.

(oh my god I am so jealous now icon_redface.gif )

QUOTE(trudatman @ Mar 2 2011, 07:19 AM) View Post

the sword upgrade will be a metal bar.

I hope it's just a changed palette from the Stick. icon_awesome.gif

#8 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

pretty much. I worked on it some more, today. it's going to be pretty terrible.

#9 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Looks interesting quest you're making here. Quite a different style, but if it works, it works.

Kind of weird, but I just played a little of my Grandfather's Atari the other day.

Anywaays, keep up the good work... I guess. icon_razz.gif

#10 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

Hehe... I had this same idea after I finished S.S.S. The theme was a stick figure drawn by primitives and he would have the most ridiculous attacks I could think of, it would play out like a fighting game and every tile used only two colors - white and black. Hah. R.I.P. "Stick it up you know what" R.I.P. ("it" was the players name and he travels up to "you know what" land to kick some a**.) icon_razz.gif Instead I somehow got distracted and designed a cube dungeon that rotates. icon_confused.gif ...

..Anyway you know what they say: Great minds think alike! Looks good. Making the sprites colors contrast the background looks like a good move.

Idea: hookshot is Sticky's arms. They just expand and stretch out to grab stuff. ..Mmm more ideas later.

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

Quick idea:
IPB Image
See what I did to the middle tree? I think that might look really cool, if applied to all the tiles. Might not, also, though... but if you want to try it, I'd be glad to help you out.

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(Robin @ Mar 3 2011, 04:10 AM) View Post

Quick idea:
IPB Image
See what I did to the middle tree? I think that might look really cool, if applied to all the tiles. Might not, also, though... but if you want to try it, I'd be glad to help you out.

I believe it's intended to only have 3 colors per tile, like an old NES game, but also use the thin line like design like an Atari game. Adding that would kinda ruin the style in my opinion...

#13 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

That is awesome, Trudatman. You should make a banner, so I can add it to my signature. I'm definitely looking forward to this quest more than a lot of other ones.

#14 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

if I thicken the lines (not likely), I won't be using shaded edges. some tiles will need thickness, but it'll just be two bits wide instead of one [edit: nope, just one, always]. I don't think I'm going to want much help for this one (kind of easy to handle alone, I think)... maybe MIDIs....

a signature banner? I guess so. check back soon.

Edited by trudatman, 24 June 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(trudatman @ Mar 7 2011, 02:07 AM) View Post
if I thicken the lines (not likely), I won't be using shaded edges. some tiles will need thickness, but it'll just be two bits wide instead of one. I don't think I'm going to want much help for this one (kind of easy to handle alone, I think)... maybe MIDIs....

a signature banner? I guess so. check back soon.
Oh yes, I just added the shading mostly because I wanted to try it out. I was actually just suggesting adding the thicker lines (originally anyway). Either way, looking swell, once more XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users