5th quests

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:22 AM

I am just curious if anyone ever played my 5th quest from 7 years ago: https://www.purezc.n...ownloads&id=175

As I remember, it was pretty tough to figure out what to do, and now I don't remember anything about it, so if you do pick it up, good luck.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#2 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

Yours was the one that had the inventive idea of sliding the overworld, yes? I need to give it a more thorough playthrough. Id love to see more 5th quests discussed. One that I liked a lot was Scootaloo's.

Upon further thought, wouldn't it be nice to have a ZC module containing all known 5th quest entries?

Edited by IronCreator, 24 November 2020 - 02:06 AM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#3 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:56 AM

Upon further thought, wouldn't it be nice to have a ZC module containing all known 5th quest entries?

That'd be amazing. I'd play it all through the holidays. Thanks for the Scootaloo recommendation too :)

p.s. Yes, my overworld is shifted. My new mac doesn't play zc, so I can't make screenshots or anything..

Edited by peteandwally, 24 November 2020 - 10:57 AM.

#4 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:04 PM

I found this quest through this thread and am on L7 right now. I think it's terrific so far.

• peteandwally and SkyLizardGirl like this

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

Nightmare's working on getting an archive set up for the 5th quests. Whenever something's set up, I'll like it here, but in the meantime, you can find him on the 6th Quest Contest Discord.

• peteandwally and SkyLizardGirl like this

#6 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:02 AM

Just finished this after chewing on it for awhile. It has lots of love for the original with a fresh take on the overworld and thoughtfully designed (and some devious) dungeons. A very enjoyable 5th quest. Actually I would call this a 5 1/2th quest.

Here are a couple of minor issues- undercombo errors under Armos's here and there. Several rooms in dungeons that didn't have the enemy item box checked so you could just take the key or whatever item without having to kill anything, for example the map in L7. Not sure if this was intentional, but I had to buy two keys to complete L8. And there's a misalignment error towards the center and a bit right of the overworld where you'll get stuck in the green rocks if entering from the west.

#7 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:43 AM

I wish I had the old file somewhere, and a computer that run zc... Thank you for the feedback :)

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:28 PM

Nightmare's got the 5th archive up: https://github.com/N...h_Quest_Archive

To view the individual quests, go to the dropdown at the top left (says "Main" by default) and select a quest author. This currently has all the entries except CJC'c and QuestWizard's; Nightmare and Tim are currently tracking those two down.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#9 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 20 January 2021 - 05:51 AM

Oh yeah, almost forgot - things aren't set up for continuing in the last dungeon you were in. If you save and quit, you'll start from the start.

#10 bigboylink

bigboylink

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:33 PM

Oh nice - I played through ~half of the 5th quests back in the day but didn't catch this one. Enjoying it so far; just finished level 3 and am about to explore the, uh, area that opens up with level 3's item :)

Looking forward to the "devious" (Flynn's post) dungeons to come.

(EDIT: just finished level 7, dungeons are definitely getting more devious. Great quest so far.)

(EDIT #2 - game completed.  Good stuff.)

Not sure if this was intentional, but I had to buy two keys to complete L8.

Spoiler

Edited by bigboylink, 30 January 2021 - 05:21 PM.

• peteandwally and Flynn like this

#11 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 31 January 2021 - 06:00 PM

I loaded up the quest on an old computer this weekend and replayed it. Here are the locations of everything after A LOT of deaths and getting lost.

Spoiler

Edited by peteandwally, 31 January 2021 - 06:11 PM.

• bigboylink and Flynn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users