Zelda Classic 2.55 Alpha 98 Help Bug

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone I Wanted To Play A New Quest Which Need a special High Aplha Build and as i Would Started it its Says Its Not A Windows 32 Aplication so My Question Are Newer Versions no more Compatible with Windows Xp i got once Told that Zelda Classic Works Best with Windows Xp but I Couldnt Start That Alpha Sadly over an Answer i Were very Glad Thanks in Advice :D

• Bagu likes this

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:25 AM

We are most certainly still a 32-bit application

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:07 PM

We are most certainly still a 32-bit application

Ok Thats Strange Then I Wonder why This Build dont work for me :(

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 04:26 PM

Ok Thats Strange Then I Wonder why This Build dont work for me :(

If you're wanting to play Fragments of Power, you should be able to download Alpha 97 and see if that works.
  • Lordkronos likes this

#5 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:12 PM

If you're wanting to play Fragments of Power, you should be able to download Alpha 97 and see if that works.

Thanks I Will Try That Then :D

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:44 PM

Sadly It Didnt Worked to Seems Its not a Win32 Aplication To This Time i Show The Errors :(

Error-1.jpg
Error-2.jpg

Edited by Lordkronos, 08 October 2021 - 05:45 PM.

#7 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 October 2021 - 10:04 PM

A Little Side Note Alpha 92 Works for me but The Later Ones Have All This Problem its Seems :(

• Bagu likes this

#8 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 09:39 AM

I didn't even know alpha 98 was available! Where did you get it LordKronos? I want to test it

#9 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 11:31 AM

I didn't even know alpha 98 was available! Where did you get it LordKronos? I want to test it

I Got it from The Discord Server Its Seems Slowly Needed for more and more new Quest Already Found 2 Quests Demo Quest Zx and Fragments of Power but Yeah Maybe You Have more Luck as me I Only Hope It Doesnt mean i cant Play Zc in Future anymore :(

• Twilight Knight likes this

#10 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 04:04 PM

I Got it from The Discord Server Its Seems Slowly Needed for more and more new Quest Already Found 2 Quests Demo Quest Zx and Fragments of Power but Yeah Maybe You Have more Luck as me I Only Hope It Doesnt mean i cant Play Zc in Future anymore :(

I don't know if I can do it, but I could see if I can save it an older version of ZC. You would miss out on the four button item feature which I felt helped a lot.
  • Lordkronos likes this

#11 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 04:11 PM

I don't know if I can do it, but I could see if I can save it an older version of ZC. You would miss out on the four button item feature which I felt helped a lot.

Im Sure it were not that Worst for me but Atleast it were Then Playable for me but if its to Complikated its Ok to Thanks for Trying a Think Stil I Wonder What The Problem with The Newer Versions is as it Stil Should be 32bit :)

• Bagu likes this

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 07:14 PM

Out of curiosity, what happens if you add that folder where ZC is to your antivirus's allow list, so the antivirus doesn't interact with it?

Because that worked for me.  I didn't get any kind of error message like that, but it was the difference between me playing ZC and not playing ZC.

• Lordkronos likes this

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:23 PM

Relaying what I heard from Dimi here. They recently switched an option that, while keeping the program 32 bit, causes it to have more memory available to it. A side effect is it won't run properly on 32 bit machines anymore. I think that means you might be out of luck trying to get it to run on a 32 bit version of Windows XP, Kronos.

[1:58 AM] dimimimimimimimimi: it was a thing added for 64-bit machines for 32 bit programs. 32 bit systems only have 4GB of RAM, so 2GB is set as offlimits
[1:59 AM] dimimimimimimimimi: but the flag says "hey, this is 64 bit, we don't need to worry about that limitation anymore"

• ShadowTiger and Lordkronos like this

#14 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 09:43 PM

Relaying what I heard from Dimi here. They recently switched an option that, while keeping the program 32 bit, causes it to have more memory available to it. A side effect is it won't run properly on 32 bit machines anymore. I think that means you might be out of luck trying to get it to run on a 32 bit version of Windows XP, Kronos.

[1:58 AM] dimimimimimimimimi: it was a thing added for 64-bit machines for 32 bit programs. 32 bit systems only have 4GB of RAM, so 2GB is set as offlimits
[1:59 AM] dimimimimimimimimi: but the flag says "hey, this is 64 bit, we don't need to worry about that limitation anymore"

Oh Well Thats Sad for Me But Surely Great for Others who maybe finaly can play it Properly on more Modern Systems plus The Possibilitys seems to Grow Well I Hope The Old 32 Bit Options will Stil Remain so I can Play The others stil on But Yeah Thanks for Explaining The Situation :D

Out of curiosity, what happens if you add that folder where ZC is to your antivirus's allow list, so the antivirus doesn't interact with it?

Because that worked for me.  I didn't get any kind of error message like that, but it was the difference between me playing ZC and not playing ZC.

I Think It shouldnt Give Any Trouble as its Deaktivated and Stil Didnt Worked but Yeah Seems The Solution was that Something was Changed and now its No longer Compatible for me in Future Versions but Thanks for the Suggestion :D

#15 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:03 AM

I'm very curious why A92 works then, because I'm pretty damn sure that setting has been on for *quite* a while.....

Actually, checking, that setting has been enabled since A86, last November.... so if A92 works for you, I'd say that this can't be the problem...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zelda Classic 2.55 Alpha 98, Help, Bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users