• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#91 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

EDIT: Oh, and claimed, btw.

Are you still working on yours? I was gonna claim the next one, but I'll wait till it's posted :P

I'm assuming it's okay to make an OW screen that isn't connected to any of the others? 

• Lüt likes this

#92 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

I'm assuming it's okay to make an OW screen that isn't connected to any of the others? 

Absolutely.

I guess the ladder restriction makes sense as well since ladder glitching would reduce playability.

As for 'damn', I would argue it's not strictly necessary to emphasize something in the dialogue, but I also don't want to censor your creativity with any storylines that emerge. Your call.

• Deedee and Lüt like this

#93 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

Get rekt boi.

ijQDLMQ.png

https://www.dropbox....m1-s5d.qst?dl=1

• Yloh and Formidable like this

#94 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:23 PM

:evil: [CLAIM] :evil:

Sorry Anthus, I've been refreshing this thread all day.

Will be done shortly though!

Quite a few ones use minor swearing, and I believe the open beta of Link's Quest for Canada (made by one of Pure's staff) outright has a few f-bombs, as well as other swears. Most people don't add swearing because it wouldn't add anything to their quest, but if you want to add swearing, you should be fine. We're already going to have to slap a content warning on this for "wildly inconsistent gameplay, do not play if you have heart issues, are at risk of seizure, or are pregnant". :P

Fair point. Just, the way I see a general open project is, even though there's a minuscule amount of people around here that'll have a genuine problem with something like that, it's still worth not turning them away if it's as simple as changing a few words. Of course, if it's integral to a plot or character, that's another thing. Although...

Would we be allowed a 'damn' if it comes to it?

...the only people I've ever seen complain about a 'damn' are parents who showed a movie about cute animated cats to their 6-year-old and found out it had a few of those. So yeah, it's probably irrelevant.

laugh at how crazy it gets.

Alright, well if that's the point...

:naughty:

• Anthus likes this

#95 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

:evil: [CLAIM] :evil:

Aw yeah, who works fast?!

Good idea, thanks:

1sm-lut-m1-s59.png

Get COLORED boi.

Quest: https://drive.google...cJNm1Hr0pdrA-MK

I put this down and a little to the left of the current map. I tried to leave a few ways to connect it to the existing screens. Should be interesting to see some screens bridging 2 areas rather than just expanding off single screens.

Speaking of bridges, this is also a possibility:

Spoiler

Depending on the final decisions regarding ladder usage, or lack thereof, I'd be willing to restore some or all of these bridges.

Or somebody else can do it, whatever.

Anyway, maybe this screen could be the entrance to an underwater dungeon once the player gets the flippers.

#96 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:34 PM

[CLAIM] ;)

#97 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

Anyway, maybe this screen could be the entrance to an underwater dungeon once the player gets the flippers.

I gotchu covered fam

XETVfJe.pngBj1KesS.png
https://www.dropbox....16-s43.qst?dl=0

Edited by Dimentio, 26 April 2018 - 12:09 AM.

• Lüt likes this

#98 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:45 AM

[CLAIM]

EDIT: here we go:

dxl35aeszyg92ol4g.jpg

Because we all love maze screens.

Btw, I'm not understanding the filename system, but since it's my first go, I'm just putting my username in and it should be unambiguous for now.

http://www.mediafire...-klop422(2).qst

EDIT: Just so you don't need to open the quest, those blocks are the step->next ones which become warps. Because janky mechanics. And also this screen goes to four unmade ones.

Edited by klop422, 26 April 2018 - 05:11 AM.

• Cukeman likes this

#99 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

oh hey, i know those clouds

• Anthus likes this

#100 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

I gotchu covered fam

Does the dungeon have to be in the shape of a triangle?

Btw, I'm not understanding the filename system, but since it's my first go, I'm just putting my username in and it should be unambiguous for now.

It's not consistent, but what some of us have been doing is putting our name, then m##, then s##, where m stands for map and s stands for screen. So yours would have been klop422-m01-s27.

EDIT: Just so you don't need to open the quest, those blocks are the step->next ones which become warps. Because janky mechanics. And also this screen goes to four unmade ones.

So this screen's probably going to need the pit script installed then, because those end up being direct warp tiles that otherwise take you to the location you're standing at when you fall down them, which in this case is...

1sm-directwarp-01.png

...so should I assume you just want the player to respawn on the bridge rather than fall down to a different screen? Or should there be a different map down here? Is that what you meant by the fourth unmade screen?

#101 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

I assumed that it would send the player to a different screen, but until someone makes one (if they do), maybe we should make the player respawn on the bridge

#102 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:04 AM

OK, yeah so that would be a different DMap then.

Start of a new area.

I might be able to work with that.

Won't make a claim yet though.

[CLAIM - 16-53]

Edited by Lüt, 26 April 2018 - 11:18 AM.

• Deedee likes this

#103 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

[CLAIM - 16-53]

Done, be-holed:

1sm-lut-m16-s53-v1.png

Quest: https://drive.google...oRNwpHYthBnM82W

So the thing with pits in this palette is, with the mid color missing, the "normal" pits (the thick-bordered ones we've been using so far) look flat rather than deep, because only the center color is showing.

As an example, I tried this screen with the normal pits:

Spoiler

They look like flat fluffy floor borders, or those air tubes used at bowling alleys to block off the gutters for little kids.

Just to check, I tried using the alternate pits in the first screen:

Spoiler

I dunno, I think they look better?

Guess it's for everybody to decide, but I'll be using the alternates in any of my screens.

Also, I see this dungeon DMap is set to Interior... and I totally support that :linkthumbsup:

• Deedee and Formidable like this

#104 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Gonna make another Claim

EDIT:

4e4bleekyor59s24g.jpg

Didn't turn out as good as I wanted, but...

http://www.mediafire...p422-m1-s09.qst

Edited by klop422, 26 April 2018 - 05:46 PM.

• Lüt likes this

#105 Formidable

Formidable

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

[CLAIM]

Edit: The Screen is done.

https://www.dropbox....M1-S3A.qst?dl=0

Le5FUCw.png

The Yellow Snail-Rock can be pushed with a bracelet, and the rock blocking the stairwell can be bombed. Enjoy.

Double Edit: Some screens, such as the screen with the warp to the Prismatic Depths, had items on them that were not present in the screenshots (On the aforementioned screen, the item was the flippers).  I assumed this was for testing purposes, and I removed them. If these items were purposeful, than I can upload a version of the quest with them.

Edited by FormidableMathematics, 26 April 2018 - 07:53 PM.

• Deedee and Lüt like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users