Fight the Monsters

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Welcome! I'm releasing my mini quest "Fight the Monsters"!
Download the Quest - Quest Version: Beta 18

Update: The quest is now available in the database and works in 2.5.

This is definetly not a normal Zelda Game! You will need to kill enemies in 8 different levels, to face Ganon (who is apparently a Gleeok). And you will get the sword at the beginning. This was originally planned as my submission for the One Item Contest, but since I wanted to add the second-item-feature I didn't succeed the challenge.

Second Item
Next to your sword, you can choose a second item! There are 4 items available:

Boomerang: You can stun your enemies. This item is for people, who aren't good at fighting.
Arrows: You can kill your enemies from afar. This item isn't as strong as the sword though (you have infinite arrows)
Bombs: You can blast your enemies away. This item is really strong and helpful (you have infinite bombs)
Potion: You can heal yourself. This item can be used 10 times!

The levels
Every level is different. One level has 10 waves of monsters. There are 8 levels:

Kurasia Field: A peaceful level without any hazards. It's the perfect place to get used to the game!
Scary Graveyard: This is a spooky level where ghosts are flying over. Don't touch them!
Dungeon Arena: In this dungeon there are spikes. Enemies can walk there, but you shouldn't!
Underwater: The wayward ocean current can be very annoying. It moves you in all directions!
Battle Rock: A level where you fight fast enemies. You also need to dodge the falling rocks!
On-Off Mansion: In this creepy mansion the light goes on and off. And you'll need to fight hard enemies!
Lava Canyon: This canyon full of lava is the most dangerous level. The lava is really hot!
Monster Rush: You'll rush through all the previous levels and fight every monster again!

Screenshots
Ofcourse I'll show you some screenshots. The tileset I've used is PTUX:

monsterfight1.png?t=1299168655monsterfight2.png?t=1299168655
monsterfight3.png?t=1299169110monsterfight4.png?t=1299169110

I don't think you will have any questions about this quest, but if you wan't to express your opinion, do it in this thread.

Edited by Avataro, 21 May 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#2 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

This is an interesting game, Avataro. I chose bombs as my backup weapon and was able to get through level 8 after many, many tries, but couldn't kill the three-headed gleeok at the end. I'll try some other backup weapons sometime after my fingers heal.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(schoochie662 @ Mar 4 2011, 04:03 PM)  

This is an interesting game, Avataro. I chose bombs as my backup weapon and was able to get through level 8 after many, many tries, but couldn't kill the three-headed gleeok at the end. I'll try some other backup weapons sometime after my fingers heal.

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Is the gleeok too powerful?
I think, after playing through this game more than one time, it will get boring..

Edited by Avataro, 04 March 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#4 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Mar 4 2011, 06:01 PM)  

QUOTE(schoochie662 @ Mar 4 2011, 04:03 PM)  

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Is the gleeok too powerful?
I think, after playing through this game more than one time, it will get boring..

I could kill only one head each time, so it might be too powerful. I tried lots of different approaches, trying to dodge fire, but I still could get only one head. A three-headed gleeok probably would still be OK only if it shot fireballs instead of flames.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

The gleeok is easier now and I changed some things here and there. You can download again, if you wan't.

#6 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

Thanks, Avataro! I'll try it again tomorrow a.m. and let you know what I think about the changes.

EDIT: Tried the new version and was able to get all the way through, including the bonus level, which was tough. I couldn't really detect what changes you made other than the gleeok. I think the gleeok is just the right difficulty now, because you die only if you don't get the timing of movement right, whereas before, you couldn't possibly avoid the fire no matter how you moved.

Edited by schoochie662, 05 March 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

Just bumping the thread, so that more people discover this wonderful quest icon_biggrin.gif
I am allowed to do that, right? What would you think about a sequel to this quest?

Edited by Avataro, 03 April 2011 - 10:11 AM.

#8 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

I like your quest! I was a bit bored by the end of the third level, but then the water currents in the fourth really pulled me back into the game. Haven't beaten that level yet, but I'm curious to see what lies ahead.
  • Avaro likes this

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

This is an interesting and rather tricky quest you got here. One bug I found is that you can get multiple secondary items by using the continue trick after picking one.

#10 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thank you both.
QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Apr 12 2011, 10:54 AM)  

This is an interesting and rather tricky quest you got here. One bug I found is that you can get multiple secondary items by using the continue trick after picking one.

Oh. And how would i fix that?

#11 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Man!!... why me?? I start playing this and start the problem already#
OOOPPPSSSSSSS I AM SORRY, "" my fault , was wrong at first place! icon_eek.gif
ques is nice really good icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Apr 12 2011, 12:22 PM)  

Thank you both.

Oh. And how would i fix that?

Have each direction warp to a new screen with an invisible guy and string. The string can have a control code that gives Link one item and removes the others.

#13 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Still... icon_blink.gif what happen?
level 1 I kill enemies and can't leave this place
A warping thing show up when I clean the room, but restart right in there...?
can i go some othe places??

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Apr 12 2011, 06:47 PM)  

Still... icon_blink.gif what happen?
level 1 I kill enemies and can't leave this place
A warping thing show up when I clean the room, but restart right in there...?
can i go some othe places??

You got Beta 18.. Right? If not then yeah won't work icon_frown.gif. This quest is simply astounding I gonna have a crack at it soon icon_smile.gif. I got other things to do as of right now icon_frown.gif.

#15 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

this seriously looks hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users