Photo

Screenshot of the Week 273

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 273 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

dragonsword's shot really isn't that bad, especially from a design perspective. Classic is always an excellent place to start, and this shot does it a fair bit of justice. I like the variation in trees.

Settra's shot seems to show some improvement. The mountains seem a bit straight (Trust me, people have gotten on me for this as well. Don't worry about the fences, however.), but generally a good beginner Pure shot.

Migokalle's shot looks intriguing. I'm finding myself curious as to what the scripted item is, exactly. The graphics look quite appealing as well, and it looks like a nice entrance as well.

Kenster's shot... It's probably better in-game than a contest like this. It lacks a bit of detail, and I'm not a big fan of the brightness of the GB set myself. (Weird that I like Newfirst, I guess... at least I finally laid my finger on what bothered me.) As Nathaniel said, spreading about details and expanding on this screen could greatly improve it.

Had I not entered, it would've been tough to pick between dragonsword and Migokalle. I'm a sucker for classic, but the curiosity Migo's shot invokes is pretty hard to match.

To answer the tree question, dragonsword, I've always thought blue trees somewhat looked like they were freezing. Fits the climate, I suppose.

good lord why was I so lengthy with this post ahh

#17 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

Yeah...my shot isn't really good that much. icon_frown.gif It was part of a project i was secretly working with my debut of using NPC'c and layers,but I cancelled it due to glitchy content(bad tileset).Anyhoo,it's my first shot at the SotW,so I'm most likely to get criticized anyway. icon_razz.gif

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Sep 15 2009, 02:14 PM) View Post

It's none of those things... it's the Hylian Phoenix, and it's a scripted item icon_smile.gif

...it is?
Did someone else write it or have you just not asked me yet?

I nulled because I'm feeling indecisive, but I like dragonswords though.

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Sep 15 2009, 07:18 PM) View Post

...it is?
Did someone else write it or have you just not asked me yet?

I nulled because I'm feeling indecisive, but I like dragonswords though.
I've asked you... you just haven't actually scripted it yet. I haven't really decided on all the things it needs to do yet, so it should probably wait.

#20 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

To answer the tree question, dragonsword, I've always thought blue trees somewhat looked like they were freezi
Cool, that makes sense.

Kenster: It's my first entry too. I've just been getting back to pureZC, and I say a "need shots for whatever etc" thing, so I just grabbed a random dungeon entrance from my upcoming quest. I was expecting 0 votes at first, then -5 when I saw all the other shots.

EDIT: I just realized, cool ! I serously did not intentionally pun.

Edited by dragonsword, 15 September 2009 - 04:17 PM.

#21 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

I vote Migo, I can't wait to play that. I also like the concept of burning the place down *thinks of TP bomb house thing*.

#22 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

Went with Migokalle, close second for Skateboarder11, every other shot was... well I'll just shut up.

#23 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:34 AM

skateboarder11:
Thats good but... I'm not really a fan of pure (Dawnlights and Blamans looks like there using another tileset) good work through.

dragonsword:
Looks good but I'm not sure if its SotW though.

Lord Settra!:
I don't like Green Peebles The Plain Green grass is bland

Migokalle:
Behold! I'm impressed I say shade down the door frames anyways **Votes**.

Kenster:
I like it but few trees, bushs might not harm the screen.

#24 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

Migokalle, for sure!

#25 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

skateboarder11:
Good setting, the screen has many things, I don't even see grounds for improvement, even the enemy/item things fit so well.

dragonsword:
Esthetic, good for the eye. I like Classic very much. So much that I couldn't decide if this or Skateboarder's screen is better.

Lord Settra!: (Vote)
Beautiful cartoony screen! As an extra, it's more varied than cartoony screens usually are, but still stays cartoony. So good for the eye and promises so good gameplay.

Migokalle:
Pleasant screendesign with beautiful new tiles... packed with flashy action. I couldn't refrain from voting here if Lord Settra! wasn't around, but 2nd place is guaranteed. Though I prefer if the ground tiles are more varied... like in your Forest Temple.

Kenster:
Interesting start, but I would have liked to see more things on the screen before considering to vote here, unwalkable objects, maybe some bushes...

#26 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

I voted for Lord Settra couple o' days ago. The non-understandable reason why: I really like the design and it looks like something I would enjoy playing it. Even though it's not so perfectly detailed, it still looks very good (to me, I need to add).

#27 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

They're all kinda bland in my opinion.... icon_unsettled.gif

Voted for Migo. His was the most eyecatching.

#28 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

skateboarder11 - 8 votes = [20.00%]
dragonsword - 3 votes = [7.50%]
Lord Settra! - 4 votes = [10.00%]
Migokalle - 25 votes = [62.50%]
Kenster - 0 votes = [0.00%]
Total Votes: 40

Migokalle
IPB Image
Link sets this place on fire... literally. Behold the power of The Hylian Phoenix!

Congratulation Migokalle! icon_awesome.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users