Photo

Peril of Rectangle Country

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (36 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

PEIL OF RECTalumgello coUNTY or something who cares
by Lithium

STORY
ONE DAY in the mystically normal land of Rectangle Country, a kid named Yarg gets quite bored. He leaves his house and talks to his bud, The Sleepy Advice Guy. The Sleepy Advice Guy tells Yarg it might be fun to go take the average Sword out of the magical rock from inside of the Stone Chasm.

This takes us back around 50 years. The land was infested by monsters that terrorized the peoples for no good reason. A highly-knowledgeable scholar figured out that the monsters were minions of the Monster Lords, and if the Monster Lords were to die, their minions would vanish along with them. The people of Triangle Town chose their greatest warrior to take upon the task of slaying the Monster Lords. He did just that, he took their Medals of Proof, containing their souls, and sealed them inside the magic rock in the Stone Chasm. Though the rock was cracked, allowing monsters to escape from it. He fixed this by sealing the crack with his sword.

Anyways, Yarg goes and takes the sword out of the rock.
This wasn't a good idea.

The King of Triangle Town sentences Yarg to kill the Monster Lords for good, and that's where the adventure begins wow this is a serious sounding story let's fix that by adding a run-on sentence.

OH AND DID I MENTION THAT THIS QUEST IS IN a 4 color GB tileset
and it's also a comedic quest
where the plot doesn't matter
but it's quite damn fun and that's all that matters

faq
yeah I'm sure a quite a few of you are like:

"wow he's actually still making it what a chump but he's probably almost done after these 2 years right"
- Like 55% I think

"who/what"
- lithium / porc - not that hard

THE PART YOU CARE ABOUT
video
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TKQfeWEgZJk <- Trailer for Demo 2.
maps
http://exclamation.o...rc/zelda051.png <- some of Icosagon Island
http://exclamation.o...rc/zelda052.png <- Oval Island
http://exclamation.o...rc/zelda053.png <- Rhombus Volcano
http://exclamation.o...rc/zelda059.png <- Fairly recent Rectangle Country
http://exclamation.o...me/zelda010.png <- level 4
art
http://exclamation.o...stomenemies.PNG <- doodles of enemies
http://exclamation.o...me/zelda093.png <- doodles of characters
http://exclamation.o...c/porc_yarg.jpg <- yarg portrait

some screenshots:
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

anyways THE DEMO

Readme in spoiler tag format
Spoiler

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK FOR DEMO 2
or get it at good ol' ZCR

USE BUILD 1194 or so
direct download link to 1194 (windows)
Shardstorm

Note that this quest contains some strong language and adult themes, if you are offended by such material I'd highly suggest not playing this

#2 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

I've already played a bit of demo 2, and I've worked on a dungeon for this quest and let me say. It is probably one of the best humor quests out there. I'm giving it a 10.

#3 Hubydweyer

Hubydweyer

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

I also beta tested and it was fantastic.
Also, contrary to what Naldrag says, it's not a great humor quest.
It's a great quest
10/10

#4 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

lmao, well it does pull off the humor factor quite good too, but yes overall it's a great quest.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

I rated this 8/10. It might be strange but I'm not too much into lots of humor in games. A bit is great, a bit too much makes me like it less. For some strange reason I like the serious games better :S However, everything else I'm seeing here looks absolutely great, so yeah, 8/10.

I wonder how low a beeing someone must be to think that if he rates good work 1/10 he is "showing someone" or anything. If the quest really is crap, go rate it 0/10, I wouldn't complain (but actually do the same). But this one is rather good and rating it 1/10 only shows how poor a human you are. Meh, felt like saying that.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Pure light crucif**s... lol

#7 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ May 25 2010, 04:32 AM) View Post

I wonder how low a beeing someone must be to think that if he rates good work 1/10 he is "showing someone" or anything. If the quest really is crap, go rate it 0/10, I wouldn't complain (but actually do the same). But this one is rather good and rating it 1/10 only shows how poor a human you are. Meh, felt like saying that.

A lot of people don't like Lithium because of things hes said and whatnot. I've got no problem with him, personally, but I feel like some people may have given him a 1/10 because of the fact that they don't like him. If that's the case, its pretty immature to rate someone's work based on your feelings toward the author. If you let your personal feelings influence your rating, don't rate it. But again, this is just what I was thinking, so don't come in here yelling at me if you disagree.

#8 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Theryan @ May 26 2010, 07:57 PM) View Post

A lot of people don't like Lithium because of things hes said and whatnot. I've got no problem with him, personally, but I feel like some people may have given him a 1/10 because of the fact that they don't like him. If that's the case, its pretty immature to rate someone's work based on your feelings toward the author. If you let your personal feelings influence your rating, don't rate it. But again, this is just what I was thinking, so don't come in here yelling at me if you disagree.
Yeah, that is not at all the reason one should vote. If one gets the urge to do things such as these, it's better to just avoid it, because rating something low because one doesn't like whoever made it is about as low as one can possibly sink... and yes, that's lower than a 1/10 rating icon_razz.gif

Looking great as always, and I am of course still looking forward to play this quest! Keep it up! icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:01 AM

I didn't even know this was still being made...

Even though I indeed grown a hatred for Lithium, I will vote this a 7, just for the sake of this being an unique type of quest, it having good humour and that the gameplay will be all right, but I assume that this quest has a lack of effort, I even doubt Lithium will finish this.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

All right guys, let's not share our personal grudges against the creator of this quest here. Stick to judging his work, and not him as a person. Doing so will not accomplish anything positive. Skills and personality are two completely separate attributes. This topic is just about his quest. Thanks.

#11 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

What I was actually saying is that I don't really care who the creator is, Nathaniel.

#12 Hubydweyer

Hubydweyer

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ May 27 2010, 04:01 AM) View Post

but I assume that this quest has a lack of effort, I even doubt Lithium will finish this.

You assume there is a lack of effort
what
Did you even play this quest, cause if you did you could see there was no lack of effort. I have watched Lithium make this quest, literally watched, and I can personally tell you that there is no lack of effort in making this quest

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

No, that's not what I mean dude.

I am saying the Lithium probably doesn't spend much time making this quest.

#14 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

I like the grayscale thing going on here. Also, I bet this is going to be one of those awesome script-happy quests icon_smile.gif. That's what makes them more awesome and fun. 10/10.

#15 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Pretty good so far, although I wish the quest would have a little more self-esteem...icon_rolleyes.gif In Circle Cemetery right now, and I seem to be missing some Manhandla Meat...a little help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users