The Official Quest Video Thread

• Please log in to reply
730 replies to this topic

#61 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

I have a new video from my quest! Click here!

Wow icon_eek.gif thats a cool idea for a custom boss!!

#62 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

Woah... I didn't think it was that impressive (or hard... oops.) Also, like I said, the later bosses get even harder, and also planned out a bit better, so I'm starting to worry that no one will be able to finish my quest. If anyone wants, I can try to record the boss of the third floor (but maybe not the whole boss because I don't want to give away how to beat him or whatever) so that you could compare and tell me if I'm wrong. Uhhhm... Thanks for the complements though, they make me feel happy inside.
full-screen warp is your friend.

I know... I found this out after I made this particualar boss, and I found that in most cases it isn't helpfull anyway. Enemy's and whatnot will stay on the screen, but you can't add any new ones, so I figure that most of the time it's not really worth it.

#63 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:36 PM

You can't add new ones? Are you sure?

The most limiting factor about it though is that it warps fireballs, but it also warps fireshooter enemies. what is up with that? it's ridiculous...

EDIT: if you can't, you could easily add a couple with a script. If you're using a beta.

Edited by Joe123, 02 October 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#64 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

Nope, using 2.10, and I'm going to stick with it for this whole quest. I just don't think building a quest on a beta is a good idea (certainly no offence to those of you who do.)

#65 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

I know the feeling, if you look in my signature icon_wink.gif

However, I've been using the newer betas recently and they really are something fancy, no more spending an hour making things move across the screen and all.

#66 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

Time for making this thread more used! Please, make more vids everyone! I've even got one myself! It's nothing ''WOW! **** GREAT'' stuff, but it's the first one I've ever made! It works too!
http://s4.photobucke...aCustomBoss.flv

#67 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:00 AM

Another Gohma boss? OK. It's good for a first custom boss. It's new to poke its eye instead of shooting it. I wonder... from where you got the idea to have the carcass of the Gohma there after it's dead?

#68 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

Oh? I got that idea from OoT...

#69 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

Hm, I don't remember Gohma carcass from OoT... Anyways, I asked because looks like questmakers like to place Gohma carcasses better than any other boss carcasses... I also thought about such things, and decided for Gohma carcass. My first quest had one, one of my quest attempts had one and my current quest has one, too... Why are dead Gohmas so handy decorations and/or leftovers?

As soon as I learn to make a flawless video with CamStudo+MoieMaker combo, I show part of my new overworld. and cave system. I hope. I promised so many videos and nothing yet...

#70 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:05 AM

Well... I think it may be because Spiders leaves their skin and you can often find spiders with noe ''meat'' in them.
I would do the same with a snake custom boss... also, my quest is going to be dark, so I'll leave bodies in pits of blood!

#71 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

Why is everyone making gohma custom bosses at the moment icon_confused2.gif I've just been making (well, I will be, I'm a bit distracted at the moment) a gohma custom boss!

But you don't any items when you're fighting mine icon_biggrin.gif

And yours looks quite good Migokalle, however it doesn't run too smoothy, you can see the seams and all. With a bit more work, it would look very good. And it surely wouldn't be too hard work to just make it walk left and right a little bit? would make it look more interesting.

Edited by Joe123, 03 October 2007 - 10:17 AM.

#72 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:35 AM

It's finally here!

The first Ballad of a Bloodline gameplay video!

Using the smallest windowed version, I could make a video without crashing. Mt. Dead End is supposed to be the saddest overworld you have ever seen. You will know why when you play the full game. Also, you will run into a lot of dead ends, but you will have a lot of items...

#73 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:00 AM

It's good but it would of been nice to flag your comboes. And I think this thread should be pinned. We're getting more and more vids.

#74 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:48 AM

What do you mean by "flag your comboes"? icon_eek.gif
As far as I know, this means putting a flag on each combo...
Also, I hope everybody realizes that the video quality isn't perfect. Formations will look better in the game. For example, now the jumping Myra tile is just a hazy blob, while in the game it's even better than the Link jumping tiles... icon_naughty.gif

EDIT:
So, you really think that I should put flags on my combos... You think I haven't put bomb, boomerang, etc. flag on the combos... Please, at least try thinking... If those were bugs, then I wouldn't submit this video... I just tried to play as a new player would do: trying random items on combos and being surprised when they doesn't work... Oh, man...

Edited by CastChaos, 05 October 2007 - 08:53 AM.

#75 TheOnlyOne

TheOnlyOne

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

More videos! First one is here, and the second one is here.

These are from floor three, the lava/water floor. In the First video, you get to see: a torch thing, lava bridge, lava switching to water (twice so that you can catch it), and the second easiest black puzzle in the game. The second video has nothing new up to the end which shows a key that was hidden underlava.

Sorry about the quality of the videos. It's pretty... horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users