Photo

[2.55, A78] Possible Problem with Warp()

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:09 PM

I don't know if I have an unwanted rule accidentally checked (to the best of my knowledge, I don't, but I may have missed something). Warping Link to Dmap 0 (using the Warp function in ZScript) automatically sets the continue dmap to said Dmap 0. This does not happen with other Dmaps, which were copied/pasted from Dmap 0. The screen flag to continue here on the starting screen is not checked either.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:28 PM

I don't know if I have an unwanted rule accidentally checked (to the best of my knowledge, I don't, but I may have missed something). Warping Link to Dmap 0 (using the Warp function in ZScript) automatically sets the continue dmap to said Dmap 0. This does not happen with other Dmaps, which were copied/pasted from Dmap 0. The screen flag to continue here on the starting screen is not checked either.

Is that behaviour new?

Which version of Warp() are you using?

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:58 AM

I'm using Link->Warp(0, 0);

I can confirm the issue is tied to Dmap 0, as I have since then copied/pasted the Dmap to another slot (without changing anything in it), and the issue does not happen with the different slot.

I don't know how new this behaviour is, the quest file was created with the current alpha, but I tried it with the previous alpha I had (74) and it did the same thing.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:58 AM

I'm using Link->Warp(0, 0);

I can confirm the issue is tied to Dmap 0, as I have since then copied/pasted the Dmap to another slot (without changing anything in it), and the issue does not happen with the different slot.

I don't know how new this behaviour is, the quest file was created with the current alpha, but I tried it with the previous alpha I had (74) and it did the same thing.

Please send the quest and the scripts to me, and tell me where to go to produce this issue.

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

Here's a sample quest file: https://ufile.io/39tnr9ok

The warp is automatic and you can see the continue dmap being changed in the console window. If you uncomment the other warp instruction in the script (warping you to the identical dmap 2 instead of dmap 0), it does not happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users