Photo

Introducing Carnage in Space: CRUCIBLE (with demo!)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:15 AM

When the remote colony of Dunest is in danger of eradication, three heroes answer the call...

There may be enemies behind every corner, and utmost peril at every turn, but together you can overcome any obstacle...

...As long as you can survive each other.

Titlescreen%20v2%20(no%20menu).png

Hey PureZC! Long time no see! I know I haven't been at all active with the forums, or ZC development in general, but I really wanted to come back* to the site that got me into game design in the first place to share this milestone with you.

Some of you may already be familiar with the Carnage in Space series, seeing as it got started on this very site. In the time since I shifted away from Zelda Classic to focus on these games, I've even managed to get one published on Steam! Honestly, when I got started making basic Zelda games here, I never thought I'd come this far.

But enough personal background - no one cares about that anyway.

Carnage in Space: Crucible is the second** game in my aggressive, deeply cynical platformer/beat-em-up game series. It features the continuing adventures of Nightmare as he sets off on his own in search of evil to destroy. Instead, his quest is thrown off the rails when he encounters two rival warriors, and the three are forced to work together to avert pending disaster for the community they find themselves in.

The game will feature the usual assortment of unique weapons to try out, frustrating bosses to challenge, multiple endings, 3 playable characters with unique perspectives, and just slightly more sarcasm than is strictly necessary in a game.

Besides the usual design, programming, and (most of the) graphics, this game is also the first time I've composed (some of) my own music! See if you can guess which 4 tracks in the demo are my work (hint: they're not the really professional sounding ones).

If you're interested, please do try out the demo and double please do post here to tell me what you think! I'm always looking for feedback on what works and what could use further refinement.

Acid%20cores%20boss.gif - Scorpion%20demo.gif

DEVLOG AND FREE DEMO

Gameplay video

* I make no promises of sticking around for a while
** the ZC one doesn't count

• Shane, Lightwulf, Hari and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users