Photo

Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta Release 2 (Official)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#61 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Here is the contents to the Allegro.log file on my end.
Spoiler

#62 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

That happens if you try to run ZQuest at a size too big to fit on the screen. Most likely it's set to use the 2.50 interface scaled up.

#63 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

[] It's actually the size of the hardware surface overlay. ...but then why does DevCaps return with the DDCAPS_OVERLAY bit set to zero only for ZQuest?

[edit] @FireSeraphim: Are you setting the compat w/ win7; run as admin; etc. settings when opening Zquest? Maybe also running with ZCLauncher, or running in windowed mode? If none of these work can you copy over your ag.cfg from your 2.50.2 folder and try it again?

#64 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Here is the contents to the Allegro.log file on my end.

Spoiler

Oops. I need to see your ag.cfg file too. What are your display resolution settings?

That happens if you try to run ZQuest at a size too big to fit on the screen. Most likely it's set to use the 2.50 interface scaled up.

I suppose that is one possible reason.

It's a bug in allegro DX code. It's actually the size of the hardware surface overlay. ...but then why does DevCaps return with that bit set to zero only for ZQuest?

Well, you wanted to upgrade to allegro 4.4 ZoriaRPG... Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

[edit] Are you setting the compat w/ win7; run as admin; etc. settings when opening Zquest? Maybe also running with ZCLauncher, or running in windowed mode?

4.4 is a critical update, and it should have been done seven years ago. Running libs that are years out of date makes it bloody impossible to fix most of the issues that we have. None of these programmes should default to opening in fullscreen. If he used my ag.cfg file, then it would open as 'large, windowed, direct updating on'. There might be some missing settings that should be in there.

There is a reason this is a Beta release and not a Gamma release. )

The default ag.cfg file probably needs clean-up. This is the one that is in the ZIP:

If anyone wants to tailor a config file that should go in the dist, I'll change it out.

Once I dig out one of my iBuffalo controllers, I will also check on that.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 16 July 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#65 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Why include any ag.cfg at all? We never did before.

#66 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Revenge 2, Demo 1.84, and U3Q work..  I haven't got to total detail, still have to get further into them to test all tech.

New Quest V 1.84 is NOT working, and there's not much mention of it in allegro,log.  All quests pre-1.84 official release seem not to work.

-James

Edited by Nightmare, 16 July 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#67 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

Why include any ag.cfg at all? We never did before.

Agreed, assuming that the default is to start windowed (fullscreen is a huge gamble on modern OSes)

#68 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

Here's my ag.config for 2.53
Spoiler

#69 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:47 AM

It doesn't look like you have a [zquest] section, I guess because ZQuest has never successfully loaded up and saved its settings...

Did you try launching ZQuest in windowed mode at minimum resolution (320 x 240) in the launcher? (And if that doesn't work, in fullscreen mode)?

#70 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:07 AM

The launcher settings for this, are:

Interface: Classic

Scale: 1x

Revenge 2, Demo 1.84, and U3Q work..  I haven't got to total detail, still have to get further into them to test all tech.

New Quest V 1.84 is NOT working, and there's not much mention of it in allegro,log.  All quests pre-1.84 official release seem not to work.

-James

Did 'New Quest V184' work in 2.50.2?

#71 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

Zoria, critical bug:

I was playing Revenge 2, and when I went for the Fire Boomerang, picked up the Mushroom, and the guy came back when I left the cave.

I imagine this is pretty bad (compatibility with 1.90)

-James

#72 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Another bug I discovered: The ALTTP Styled room lighting used in Quest 744 is still glitched in 2.53

#73 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Another bug I discovered: The ALTTP Styled room lighting used in Quest 744 is still glitched in 2.53

Screenshot, please.

Zoria, critical bug:

I was playing Revenge 2, and when I went for the Fire Boomerang, picked up the Mushroom, and the guy came back when I left the cave.

I imagine this is pretty bad (compatibility with 1.90)

-James

James, please check these two issues in 2.50.2. I need to know if these are issues that we never knew about before, or if they are new, introduced in 2.53. I suspect this is a quest rule that is not being set, or something odd. I'll need to check the quests.

Are you testing this stuff with, or without cheats?

#74 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

You know what's happening Zoria. xD It's the bitmap offset fix.

#75 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

You know what's happening Zoria. xD It's the bitmap offset fix.

I thought so, but the post was not entirely clear if it is a new issue. I'll go in and re-apply the fix when I have some time.

I'll add both default behaviour for old quests, plus a QR so that quests saved in 2.53 do not need to reconfigure their scripts.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 17 July 2017 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users