Photo

ZC Creation Showcase #02: Circus Clown Theme

ywkls klop422

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: ZC Creation Showcase #02: Circus Clown Theme (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative

Most Entertaining

Vote

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:10 AM

Welcome to ZC Creation Showcase #02!

Today, we are featuring Circus Clown Theme, which includes carnival themed submissions. Today we have loose tiles submitted by Klop422 and a script by ywkls. Please look through the submissions and vote honestly and fairly. Submit your votes for the following categories to determine if if you believe they are:

• Best Overall
  • Most Useful
  • Most Creative
  • Most Entertaining

YouTube Video
To watch all these submissions in action without downloading any of them, click on the following video below:

All Submissions Download Link
If you wish to download all the submissions in one get go, click on the following link. This is done so that you don't have to download all the submissions individually: Download Here!

Featured Submissions
Here is all the information and download links for the submissions this month.

[Loose Tiles] - Mine Cart Tracks / Roller Coaster Tracks - klop422

KFZPAyS.png

• Themed: Yes

• Description: These were made for my level 8, but I've now added T-junctions, which are technically inaccurate to how points work (and I'll probably fix that later), but I wanted to get something in. Also, there are no supports for now, so if you use these as is, you'll likely have to do with mine cart tracks just floating about. It's for Classic, so you might be ok with that.

• Version of ZQuest: 2.50.2

• Quest File: http://www.mediafire...Cart Tracks.zip

[Script] - Large Push Blocks - ywkls

NEaYtC0.png

• Themed: No

• Description: Large objects created by script that can be pushed and react to solid objects. Enemy interaction is not currently supported.  Size is not limited to ffc dimensions. Also supports objects where the top half is not solid. 

Thank you to everyone who submitted! Now go and vote guys! Thank you and see you in the next showcase!    :)

• Anthus likes this

#2 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Damn, I made some mistakes in my test file, so playing through it looks worse than it should (since I used level palettes). It looks better in ZQuest.

Also, I put the ones for the silver 'rollercoaster' tracks on the wrong layers. Oh well.

In other news, that script looks super useful, ywkls. I'm slightly surprised that they didn't exist yet.

There are a couple extra things I'd like to see added to it, but even as it is, I will likely use this in my next project.

Edited by klop422, 21 June 2018 - 09:39 AM.

• ywkls likes this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

Didn't vote since I'm in this one.

klop422- There are some existing minecart scripts out there (I have one and so does Moosh) but most of them can be a pain to set up. If you're planning to use one in your quest, I wish you well. The tiles seem decent.

In other news, that script looks super useful, ywkls. I'm slightly surprised that they didn't exist yet.

There are a couple extra things I'd like to see added to it, but even as it is, I will likely use this in my next project.

The primary reasons I suspect that it doesn't exist is because the technical specifications to get it to function were so daunting to begin with. Enemy interaction is the big one and only becomes more difficult as you place more of the ffcs on screen.

I also had some weird bugs trying to do things larger than 2 x 2 (hence why there aren't any huge objects in the demo).

One thing I want myself is interaction with switches, which I'll be attempting to integrate in the version I eventually plan to submit to the database.

Also, I have a functional Cane of Somaria which uses the same script design and was the inspiration for this slightly more complex creation.

Edited by ywkls, 21 June 2018 - 10:16 AM.

• judasrising likes this

#4 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:43 AM

ywkls wins almost unanimously, except for Most Creative where it was a draw. 

• ywkls likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ywkls, klop422

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users