Photo

Final Enemy of the Month - Final Boss Theme

Evan20000 ywkls Dimentio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Final Enemy of the Month - Final Boss Theme (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative

Most Entertaining

Vote

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to the Final Enemy of the Month!

This month, the theme was Final Boss Theme, the theme to decide who is the final boss of Enemy of the Month! We have some pretty interesting enemies this month. Please look through the enemies and vote honestly and fairly. Submit your votes for the following categories:

• Best Overall Enemy
  • Most Useful Enemy
  • Most Creative Enemy
  • Most Entertaining Enemy

YouTube Videos
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, click on the following videos below:

lof5duy.png

6ZN37vn.png

5OTGH3w.png

All Enemies Download Link
If you wish to download all the enemies in one get go, click on the following link. This is done so that you don't have to download all the enemies individually: Download Here!

The Enemies
Here is all the information and download links for the enemies this month.

One-Armed Onox, Dark Dragon Form - ywkls

qnEAKhT.png

• Description: An injured version of the General of Darkness who has been revived and now threatens the land of Holodrum once more. Requires- std.zh, ghost.zh, string.zh, ffcscript,zh and laser.zh. (Laser.zh included in script file.)

• Setup:  

Tile Pages

You will need to create 3 enemies (head, body and hand). Set the head and hand to ignore all attacks. Set attribute 11 of the body to the combo and attribute 12 to the script number.

Set up the two wing combos in the order left, then right immediately afterward. Set up the sprite for the fireball.

• Version of ZQuest: 2.50

• Quest File: https://www.dropbox....9/onox.qst?dl=0

Dimentio's Final EotM Submission - Dimentio

6aE6mdY.png

• Description: The final foe awaits...

(Note: ETanks are basically potions, except you can carry up to 9 of them. To use them, go into the subscreen, hover over them (they're the bottom-leftmost thing), and press start. They respawn endlessly, so if you run out you can just f6 back to the beginning of the stage.

You can slide by pressing jump while holding down. Very handy dodging tool!

The enemy scripts are not currently included due to it being a giant folder mess, but I will make the scripts public a little bit after the contest goes live after I've sorted them.

Shoutouts to Saffith!)
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.50.2

• Quest File: https://www.dropbox....etaMan.zip?dl=1

Spurdlunky - Evan20000

Supersized Spiteder                     Ol' Bitey                                                          Sir 'Squatch

fnzLspT.png MYrCsff.png hjhLgXZ.png

Final Boss

• Description:  This is the final EotM, and the theme is final boss. What's the final boss of making enemies? Making a quest! It's still very rough, and I want to do expand a bit before submitting to the DB. There's also glaring issues like the subscreen text being plain wrong, but I plan on fixing these ultimately minor issues before the full release. Think of this as an early open beta of Spurdlunky. It's hard as balls right now and only has the difficulty setting, so if you're wanting an easy mode, wait for the DB release.

• Version of ZQuest: 2.50.2

• Quest File: https://www.dropbox....dlunky.qst?dl=0

• Music Files: https://www.dropbox....ky OST.rar?dl=0

Thank you to everyone who submitted! Now go and vote guys! Thank you and see you in the next EotM competition!    :)

• Anthus, Twilight-Prince, Evan20000 and 1 other like this

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

There may or may not be extra side areas and bosses NJF missed. Play for yourself and see what you find...

#3 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

Dimentio ... Oh gawd. This is hilarious. And the walking into the wall ... Thanks so much for reminding me of something I'd been attempting to completely scrub from my mind. ;) You got my votes for most creative and entertaining.

The thing is, I'm not sure I'd call much of any of these "useful," but I voted for Evan's because I suppose there's resources you could salvage out of them.

• Dimentio likes this

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

The thing is, I'm not sure I'd call much of any of these "useful," but I voted for Evan's because I suppose there's resources you could salvage out of them.

I'm gonna be wholesale stealing lots of stuff from his for FA2, so he's my vote for Most Useful. :P

But yeah. Dimentio's was absolutely hilarious and gets my vote for most entertaining. Evan gets the rest.

(Everyone, be grateful I suffered through the alpha builds and screamed at Evan enough that he fixed the worst issues and difficult balancing. :P)
  • Dimentio likes this

#5 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Nice one with the Onox Dark Dragon form however what if i do wish to adds the left hand ? Not that i do really want to do but i have to add one more enemy with the left hand tiles ? 

• ywkls likes this

#6 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

(Everyone, be grateful I suffered through the alpha builds and screamed at Evan enough that he fixed the worst issues and difficult balancing. :P)

Moosh suffered way more than you did!

• Dimentio likes this

#7 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

So what enemy am I supposed to be judging for Evan's? 

Spoiler

#8 Moosh

Moosh

fug :DD

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

Spoiler

Evan himself is the final boss.

• Evan20000, Dimentio and Rainst0rm4759 like this

#9 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Spoiler

As I mentioned. Evan's submission borderline breaks the rules in an unfair way for the competition. It's left up to the voter's discretion to vote based on final enemy alone or the entire presentation. (By final enemy I don't mean post game content).

I know a Lejes submission was once criticized for a similar reason. But in his case of said submission, his submission offered little value in enemies but it showcased decent items.

I'd understand entirely if you wanted to vote entirely based on his final enemy. That is technically point after all, but I feel most people will be voting on his overall presentation.

#10 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Oh no, my entry had a major bug with the 3rd phase! You see,

if (Link->Item[69] == true)
{
    Enemy->MoveRight();
}

if Link has item 69 (which is used to track if the optional challenge mode is on, and the entry is locked into the challenge mode for my entry), the enemy moves right, right into that wall on the right. Sorry for the inconvenience, all!

Spoiler
Also the poison/speed spells can be cancelled by using any attack that does more than 1 damage on the boss while he's in his casting animation. This means he can be stopped by Meteor Shot, Silver Tomahawk, or the fully charged Charge Buster. The speed spell ends on it's own, but it generally lasts the entire duration before he tries to cast it again.

There's also very little randomness about the boss. The only random calls he makes are in the first phase for deciding how high he jumps, and at the very beginning of the second phase, to decide what direction he starts jumping in first. That means the second phase will always play out the same (asides from him choosing his starting direction) if you play the exact same. 

The Charged Sound Wave the boss shoots technically isn't an instakill, it just does an insane amount of damage (your entire health bar - 1 or 2, IIRC). You can survive the hit if you potion literally before getting hit, but that might not be optimal. You could also avoid the hit if you use Star Crash, which will block any one projectile so long as it's up, including the Sound Wave and Metal Blades (NJF outright assumed the attack was worthless, but it does have a use, albeit limited one).

Edited by Dimentio, 10 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.

• Russ and Aevin like this

#11 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

For the record, I don't consider this any more cheating than submitting a gif to SotW. :D

• Moosh and Dimentio like this

#12 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

For the record, I don't consider this any more cheating than submitting a gif to SotW. :D

Considering how every time I submit a gif to SotW that showed off more than just simply animating the combos they were disqualified, yeah you're a horrible cheat.

Edited by Dimentio, 10 February 2018 - 08:12 PM.

• Evan20000 likes this

#13 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Hate the game, not the player.

1b2.png

• Rainst0rm4759 likes this

#14 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Get that smug weeaboo shit out of here, you can't compete with the good stuff.

smugasspacmanbig.gif

• Evan20000 likes this

#15 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

I can't really vote since I'm in this one.

Plus, I didn't want to sit through the entire quest playthrough.

I'd download and play it myself, except hard stuff isn't my thing.

So I guess I'm going to be left out. Oh well.

As to EOTM itself, it's had a good run. Let us hope what is to come will be as good or better than before!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Evan20000, ywkls, Dimentio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users